PDA

View Full Version : I'm turning my mom from cubbie blue to good guys in black

SOXfnNlansing
05-13-2005, 04:18 PM
I am a 37 yr old man who has been a Sox fan since I was 7. I had the red Sox cap and I'd wear my Terry Forster iron-on teeshirt all summer long. My mom, on the other hand, was glued to the cubs during the '69 season while she was tending to me and being pregnant with my sister to be. My mom's father was a Yankee fan. He owned a tavern in Harvey and alot of the Yankee players would stop in the bar when they would come to Chicago. My mom and her siblings were not allowed to like or watch the Sox. Most of them eventually became cub fans. Well now I'd like to say that all my years of mocking her cubs and telling her how the Sox are the only team to follow is starting to make in roads. My mom watches the cubs on wgn when they are on cable. She lives in Florida now. I just got back home yesterday from a wonderful week at her house. I took my son for Mother's Day. All I could say to her is how great the Sox are doing this year and she should ride to TB with me and my brother in law for the Wednesday series finale. We went to the game and the Sox did all the little things to win (as usual). My mom said they look like a team that was from the 1950's. She was impressed to see a team that didn't rely on the 3 run homer and played aggressive. Last night I called her and she was 'busy' watching the Sox beat the O's on WGN. I think that I have converted a 64 yr old die hard cub fan! We'll see if it sticks! GO SOX!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

I_Liked_Manuel
05-13-2005, 04:19 PM
...or she jumped on the bandwagon

SOXfnNlansing
05-13-2005, 04:24 PM
she didn't jump on the band wagon in 83,93, or 2000. She just forgave me this week for what pain and suffering I gave her in '03 with the cub flub against my Marlins!