PDA

View Full Version : Call to White Sox Army

Clembasbal
05-13-2005, 02:09 PM
On ESPN.com (the main page) a question arises in the poll area.

Who will win the AL Central?

The White Sox
The Twins

Though it is early, I voted (it 100% White Sox, 0% Twins) I was/am the first and only vote so far. :gulp: for me!

So vote early and often! We all know who is going to win the Divison!

cleanwsox
05-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Sox are up 54% to 47%. Keep it up!
:bandance:

Clembasbal
05-13-2005, 02:19 PM
Sox are up 54% to 47%. Keep it up!
:bandance:

Still the same after 1200 votes. I think it will be a battle all year between us and them. And, then the loser of the divison will have to battle for the wild card, because the East is looking good.

cleanwsox
05-13-2005, 02:26 PM
I love how some of the Twins fans I know are saying "you guys are off to the best start in franchise history and you are only 5 games up". 5 games is a lot of games to be in front of somebody and can take awhile for a team to make up if you aren't pulling off major winning streaks. I think they are relying on the fact that we have faultered down the stretch before and are expecting the same thing this year.

DaleJRFan
05-13-2005, 02:28 PM
I love how some of the Twins fans I know are saying "you guys are off to the best start in franchise history and you are only 5 games up". 5 games is a lot of games to be in front of somebody and can take awhile for a team to make up if you aren't pulling off major winning streaks. I think they are relying on the fact that we have faultered down the stretch before and are expecting the same thing this year.

...and five games up after a month of baseball. Thats a whole lot of games to be up after a month. The Twins are playing realllllllly well too.

soxtalker
05-13-2005, 02:41 PM
At the risk of sounding a bit like a curmudgeon, I'd like to suggest that we avoid the term "White Sox Nation". The "Nation" term has been used widely by Red Sox fans to describe the wide support of their team. While we're welcome to adopt it for our own use, it sounds like we're just copying them. My reaction when I hear it is a bit like the feeling I get when I see someone throw a home run ball back onto the field at the Cell. I think we need a term of our own. If we continue to play well, there will be longtime fans all over the country wanting to express their enthusiam -- not to mention the casual fans who will jump on the bandwagon of a winning team.

cleanwsox
05-13-2005, 02:45 PM
At the risk of sounding a bit like a curmudgeon, I'd like to suggest that we avoid the term "White Sox Nation". The "Nation" term has been used widely by Red Sox fans to describe the wide support of their team. While we're welcome to adopt it for our own use, it sounds like we're just copying them. My reaction when I hear it is a bit like the feeling I get when I see someone throw a home run ball back onto the field at the Cell. I think we need a term of our own. If we continue to play well, there will be longtime fans all over the country wanting to express their enthusiam -- not to mention the casual fans who will jump on the bandwagon of a winning team.

Sox Army is usually used in these voting polls.

daveeym
05-13-2005, 03:18 PM
...and five games up after a month of baseball. Thats a whole lot of games to be up after a month. The Twins are playing realllllllly well too. And 5 can turn into 10 real quick the way we're playing.

Flight #24
05-13-2005, 03:20 PM
The Twinks haven't exactly been slumping - they're off to a pretty damn good start as well.....and are already 5 back. Plus we're getting Frank back soon. And it's early, as already noted - so 5 games is actually pretty decent in terms of a lead. It's also the largest lead of any division leader.

Randar68
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
The Twinks haven't exactly been slumping - they're off to a pretty damn good start as well.....and are already 5 back. Plus we're getting Frank back soon. And it's early, as already noted - so 5 games is actually pretty decent in terms of a lead. It's also the largest lead of any division leader.

Not only that, but Jerry has given Kenny more than five million dollars to play with at the break if they need to add some help. At the trade Deadline, that translates into a 10+ million a year type of player...

The Twinkies should be afraid... very afraid...

StillMissOzzie
05-13-2005, 04:25 PM

Perhaps you should point out that, if the White Sox are off to their best start in franchise history and are only 5 games up, then maybe the Twinkies are off to their best start ever, too! And are so unfortunate to be stuck behind the best team in MLB at this point.

SMO
:gulp:

Clembasbal
05-13-2005, 05:05 PM

You are absolutely correct. I am an idiot. I was at school, teaching, and just looked on ESPN during my passing period and saw the poll. I didn't have time to think if I wanted people to know...I will change it, if I can.

EDIT: I tried changing it, but I guess only Mods can...can somebody change my idiocy?

voodoochile
05-13-2005, 05:07 PM
You are absolutely correct. I am an idiot. I was at school, teaching, and just looked on ESPN during my passing period and saw the poll. I didn't have time to think if I wanted people to know...I will change it, if I can.

You can't. I can. I did.

Corkinator
05-14-2005, 01:03 AM

I've used White Sox Nation for some years here in Tampa, as in "Baby, we're sitting behind the dugout with the White Sox Nation tonight." It usually brings on a smart-ass comment like "You mean White Sox Village." I can live with White Sox Army. Excuse me while I go vote.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-14-2005, 01:14 AM
:churrosarmy:

Bring it.

chisoxfanatic
05-14-2005, 03:17 AM
Excuse the allusion to the game of Monopoly here, but it's like Minnesota keeps on passing "Go" and collecting their $200 only to land on Community Chest and are told to go directly to Jail. This is a different Sox team than in year's past. Together, they appear rabidly hungry, and it's very pleasing.

Clembasbal
05-14-2005, 10:46 AM
You can't. I can. I did.

Two things. With over 1000 posts you would think that I would have been able to recall "Sox Army" and the fact that I can't change a thread title.

Yesterday my head was in the gutter, good thing a bottle of wine was at the birthday party I was at!:D: