PDA

View Full Version : Hawk and Robin or Hawk and DJ?

crazyozzie02
05-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I just want to see how many people would enjoy the broadcast team of Hawk and Robin better than Hawk and DJ. After last nights game it seemed that Hawk and Robin had a lot of chemistry and I was laughing a lot at Robin's Commentary. I hope that people will come to their senses and hire Robin as our new Color guy. Just give me your input guys thanks.

MIgrenade
05-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Its's tough to say only because Hawk had been gone and may have been really excited to get back in the booth, but he seemed to really enjoy having Robin there. I think Robin is better than DJ but I also think the 3 man booth was pretty cool. I want to hear more of that.

rdwj
05-13-2005, 10:49 AM
To be honest, I liked the 3 man team but I voted for Hawk and Robin. I don't know if 3 in the booth would work long-term, but is sure sounded good last night.

TheOldRoman
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
I thought the three of them worked great together last night. Robin is very good for being as new as he is. Also, with three people its easier to kill the awkward silences. Normally DJ just talks to himself while Hawk spaces out and occassionally chimes in with a comment. With three people in the booth the broadcast seemed to flow much better.

downstairs
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
You really need to have a "three man team" option up there...

That's my vote.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2005, 10:52 AM
I also would vote for the three-man booth of Hawk, DJ and Robin.

I know Robin has said he doesn't want to do this full time, but perhaps they could work something out to have rotating three-man booths with other ex-Sox players (who have a personality, that is!).

gosox83
05-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Robin was good, but did not talk a whole bunch,,,,,,,,,,,I guess I don't blame him for not wanting to talk much when D.J. brought up the Nolan Ryan incident..lol. :redneck :dtroll: :whiner:

but it was great to have hawk back that is one thing I can say for sure

:hawk

thecell
05-13-2005, 10:54 AM
You really need to have a "three man team" option up there...

That's my vote.

I agree. I vote for the trio.

shaunburnette
05-13-2005, 10:54 AM
I liked the 3 man booth last night

LVSoxFan
05-13-2005, 11:01 AM
Me too. I don't mind DJ although he's a magnet here, but yes the three-man thing seemed to sort of pump them all up.

And LOL the Nolan Ryan thing! Yes that was hilarious!

Hey if we can have closer-by-committee, why not broadcast?

DaleJRFan
05-13-2005, 11:03 AM
the Three Man crew sounded great lastnight....

shaunburnette
05-13-2005, 11:09 AM
:nolanventura

:smile:

mike squires
05-13-2005, 11:18 AM
The three man tag team worked well.

by the way...Nolan would still win.

DaleJRFan
05-13-2005, 11:19 AM
:nolanventura

I couldn't help but think about that in the games Robin was calling. When DJ kept asking "What pitchers did you not want to face..." I kept yelling out Nolan!

:redneck

dpbyron
05-13-2005, 11:23 AM
the Three Man crew sounded great lastnight....

Ditto.

Cellview22
05-13-2005, 11:45 AM
Yeah I agree.. the 3 of them sounded good together. It was fun listening to them reminisce about their first hits and first homeruns. They all sounded like they were enjoying themselves. Hawk sounded happy to be back.

As for the poll, I voted for Hawk and DJ. Always been a big fan of them 2. Robin's ok, maybe drink a little more mountain dew..wake up a little bit.

Rocklive99
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I loved the 3 man group (too bad Robin said he probably wouldn't do it full time). Everyone here is always puzzled on why DJ is good on FOX but sucks with us, I think he's usually in a 3 man group there, just a thuoght

bayzbol44
05-13-2005, 01:25 PM
I am a big Hawk hater. However, last night he sounded good. Maybe it was Hawk, the one-eyed Willy, was anxious to get back and was excited. The 3 man crew should happen more often. That way we can figure out if it was the 3 man crew or if it was just because the Hawkapoo was excited being back that made it sound better.

Deadguy
05-13-2005, 01:35 PM
If you want a contrast of personalities, it would have to be Hawk and Robin. Hawk comes off as an egoist, while Robin has a humble, self deprecating type of personality that is very similar to Tom Paciorek's.

It's gerat to see such a great person involved with this organization. He should definitely be kept in the fold in some shape or form.

tacosalbarojas
05-13-2005, 02:14 PM
I loved the 3 man group (too bad Robin said he probably wouldn't do it full time). Everyone here is always puzzled on why DJ is good on FOX but sucks with us, I think he's usually in a 3 man group there, just a thuoghtI have to think DJ and Hawk just really don't like each other, especially as many times as Hawk on-air doesn't respond to one of DJ's setup comments to Hawk for a reply. Maybe it goes back to the "can of corn...why don't you come up with something new" comment from DJ back in 2000, but I don't think Hawk and DJ ever really hit it off, despite public comments to the contrary.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-13-2005, 02:22 PM
it was soooooo good to finally hear somthing going on a board somewhere rather than someone dropping something (uh-oh)

I'm a Hawk fan, DJ is brutal by himself, and Robin is pretty funny, but I don't think he could replace a "DJ"....

So Hawk, Robin, and one other would be my vote...as long as DJ is getting replaced by quality...

otherwise, i don't mine hawk and dj or hawk and robin, or hawk, robin and dj...

although DJ's "yeaAah" complete with 13 year old voice crack after Hitabig-Juan's jack was pretty pathetic...but Robin has the nice comment about him throwing his bat into the stands.

mccoydp
05-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Bring back Wimpy!
:bandance:

Church Turtle
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
I voted "Other". I really don't have a problem with DJ. However, a three man team, where any of the 3 could take a break to go the the john (with #56 pitching they can probably just hold it) and still leave 2 guys in the booth sounds like the best possible situation.

FJA
05-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Ditto.

I loved the three-man crew as well.

hawkjt
05-13-2005, 03:22 PM
Obviously I am in the minority but well I enjoyed the romp down memory lane that was last nite's broadcast, I thought a little more attention should be directed toward describing the live game that was taking place at Soxpark last nite. It was probably cuz it was a one time deal and a chance for hawk and robin to reminise about the old days so if it did happen on a regular basis it might be a differant focus and then it would be an improvement. I guess it was ok for one game but then they might run out of stories about thier first hits,hrs. ect.

SoxFan76
05-13-2005, 03:42 PM
3 man booth works for me.

socko82
05-13-2005, 03:43 PM
Robin was good but his rump probably chapped from DJ kissing it all night.

gobears1987
05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
other: all 3 of them

kevingrt
05-13-2005, 04:27 PM
I have to say I enjoy Ventura more, but the three man booth is great. I think they should try it the rest of the series, but it doens't look like that is going to happen.

DickAllen72
05-13-2005, 05:07 PM
I voted "OTHER" because I would love to have Hawk & Melton on TV and Rooney & DJ on radio.

But I would take Hawk & DJ over Hawk & Robin hands down.