PDA

View Full Version : A.J.'s Effects

veeter
05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
After Garland's critical strikeout of Tejada, Pierzynski did the typical run off and toss the ball to the mound. During this motion however, Tejada quickly turned toward A.J. as if the catcher said something. He's known as a guy who gets under the opponents skin and I think he was doing that last nite. Did anybody else notice this moment? It doesn't seem like much but if you get you're opponent even a little off focus it hurts them immensely. A.J. is like the mlb version of Rodman you hate to play against him but if he's on you're team you love him. Go Sox!!!

rdwj
05-13-2005, 10:45 AM
Now that you mention it, I did see that. I guess I thought he was just upset at himself - but if A.J. got in his head by talking smack, I think that's great.

MIgrenade
05-13-2005, 10:49 AM
I would love a chance to hear what catchers say to hitters.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2005, 11:10 AM

If networks can have the "catcher cam," why not a "catcher mic?"

shaunburnette
05-13-2005, 11:20 AM
I dont think a catchers mic would be allowed to play whatever AJ is saying. I've heard that he talks alot of smack behind the dish. Good for us, bad for them. AJ is also calling the majority of these games our staff is throwing.

Frater Perdurabo
05-13-2005, 11:21 AM
I dont think a catchers mic would be allowed to play whatever AJ is saying. I've heard that he talks alot of smack behind the dish. Good for us, bad for them. AJ is also calling the majority of these games our staff is throwing.

Something tells me AJ's talk would make a sailor blush... :wink:

brewcrew/chisox
05-13-2005, 11:22 AM
If networks can have the "catcher cam," why not a "catcher mic?"

I have no [bleep}n idea :tongue:

DaveIsHere
05-13-2005, 11:38 AM
It would have been awesome if when Tejada Struck out AJ Blurted "HE GAWN!!!!!!!" I am making myself laugh:D:

Palehose13
05-13-2005, 11:42 AM
It would have been awesome if when Tejada Struck out AJ Blurted "HE GAWN!!!!!!!" I am making myself laugh:D:

He may be doing that. IIRC, I heard an interview with Rowand where he said he sys that in the OF sometimes when an opponent strikes out.

PorkChopExpress
05-13-2005, 12:03 PM
I didn't notice the incident with Tejada, but I did notice that when AJ applied the tag to Fiorentino on the throw from Jon, it was more of a shove than a tag, kinda like a welcome to the majors, but you're not scoring today.

tschneid83
05-13-2005, 12:25 PM
I was not a big fan of AJ before but now i love him which makes sense b/c like some of you mentioned you hate him when he is not on your team and love him when he is. All the man cares about is baseball and he seems to be having fun doing it. He calls a great game and forces the pitchers to throw pitches they do not like (which has also gotten them in trouble b/c shingo likes to throw meatballs over the middle of the plate when they should be on a corner). I like having AJ back there. He knows how to play the game and that is hard. I cant stand all of the girly baseball that is played now. Talk some trash, push someone down when tagging them (that was great, think again about getting 2 hits next game, stupid rookie), railroad a catcher, throw at someone if they piss you off. This is all part of the game and glad to see that some people (AJ) loves playing baseball. sorry for rambling.

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 12:45 PM
I can see him telling a batter after a called strike "you shoulda swung at that one 'cause you're getting nothing else to look at, sucka."

or when a .350+ batter steps up "oh look who's here. Mister Big Shot. Gonna get a hit. NOT!":D:

iwcup
05-13-2005, 12:45 PM
Dare I say he and a few others have given the Sox a certain swagger that we have not seen in a while.

you know that attitude that when they are up, they know they are going to put you away, and when they are down, its just a matter of time....

What made that play in the 8th was that Garland had everyone in that stadium thinking he was going to first.

Iwritecode
05-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I can see him telling a batter after a called strike "you shoulda swung at that one 'cause you're getting nothing else to look at, sucka."

or when a .350+ batter steps up "oh look who's here. Mister Big Shot. Gonna get a hit. NOT!":D:

I had a catcher one time that talked so damn much that he got into the umpire's head. He had to restrain from laughing a couple of times. :wink:

PorkChopExpress
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I just went over to the Thomson Center for lunch, and it's AJ and Big Jon over there signing autographs. AWESOME!

rdwj
05-13-2005, 01:05 PM
A.J. is quickly becoming my favorite player - hope we give him a long term deal.

1951Campbell
05-13-2005, 01:05 PM

"How's your wife and my kids?"