PDA

View Full Version : Ron Kittle Book Signing at Chicago Ridge Mall

WritingUlgy83
05-13-2005, 09:23 AM
For anyone interested Ron Kittle will be signing his book (which I don't have yet but will this weekend) at Chicago Ridge Mall this Sat 5/14 from 2:00 PM until 3:30 PM. I'll share a quick story I have about meeting Ron Kittle. My dad took me to a game (I think it was early durring the 93 season). We were standing out in left field on the concourse before the game when Ron Kittle walked by us. My dad, who had was a season ticket holder in 83, noticed him and stopped him and ask if he could sign my baseball hat. Ron said he was in a hurry but told us he would come back and find us. As the innings went by both me and my dad figured Kittle blew us off. I was ready to put Kittle on my S%*# list when in the 7th inning, keeping his word, Kittle found us in our seats. We sat with us for a couple of minutes signing my hat, program, scorecard, and ticket. Ron is a class act all the way!!!

This is my first post so I hope it's enjoyed!!

:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp:

rdwj
05-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Cool story!

I wonder if he'll sign anything other than his book?

skottyj242
05-13-2005, 09:58 AM
I would imagine you have to buy the book, just like Minnie.

SpammySosa
05-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Cool story!

When he did the book signing in Valparaiso,I saw him signing baseballs and cards in addition to his book.

rdwj
05-13-2005, 11:23 AM
I would imagine you have to buy the book, just like Minnie.

Ya, I think that's a given at book signings

ilsox7
05-13-2005, 11:43 AM
Kitty is a great guy with a ton of stories. He was my hitting coach for a couple of years about 10 years back. I can't wait to go out and geth is book!

LongLiveFisk
05-13-2005, 11:55 AM
Cool story!

I'm sure if you bought one of his custom-made benches (www.ronkittle.com (http://www.ronkittle.com)), he would sign it for you. :D:

rdwj
05-13-2005, 12:02 PM
I'm sure if you bought one of his custom-made benches (www.ronkittle.com (http://www.ronkittle.com/)), he would sign it for you. :D:

Those are cool! I was thinking about getting one for my basement until I saw, "Bench prices start at $2,500.00"! Love ya Ronnie, but that seems a tad steep for some bats and balls you turned into a bench - don't ya think?