PDA

View Full Version : Soxcenter on ESPN

CPditka
05-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Just got back to Purdue from the game tonight (nice goin JG, AJ, Uribe) and saw that the Sox/O's were the lead story (garland), which was prefaced by a fake out of them doing the highlights of the Royals/D-Rays game, and the anchor said, J/K if you want to know what happened in that game check the boxscore... onto a real game and they showed Sox Highlights....

Then later in Sportscenter they did a nice piece (a good 4-5 mins.) on Burly-mon and how big of a stud he is, they interviewed PK, Crash, Crede, and Coop... Coop compared his pitching style to basketball and finding a groove/stroke (Espn showed Jordan highlights during this :D: ). Very nice to see some serious respect for our Sox and even better to see the win (while eating quite a few hotdogs).

Sox Pride.

GiveMeSox
05-13-2005, 03:26 AM
Just got back to Purdue from the game tonight (nice goin JG, AJ, Uribe) and saw that the Sox/O's were the lead story (garland), which was prefaced by a fake out of them doing the highlights of the Royals/D-Rays game, and the anchor said, J/K if you want to know what happened in that game check the boxscore... onto a real game and they showed Sox Highlights....

Then later in Sportscenter they did a nice piece (a good 4-5 mins.) on Burly-mon and how big of a stud he is, they interviewed PK, Crash, Crede, and Coop... Coop compared his pitching style to basketball and finding a groove/stroke (Espn showed Jordan highlights during this :D: ). Very nice to see some serious respect for our Sox and even better to see the win (while eating quite a few hotdogs).

Sox Pride.

Hey aren't you that same guy who in Jason Cafee's former car.

Erik The Red
05-13-2005, 03:35 AM
Hey aren't you that same guy who in Jason Cafee's former car.
I have no idea what this guy is saying, but nonetheless I'm mildly interested.

CPditka
05-13-2005, 04:24 AM
Yes, we were in my buddy's landrover/rangerover (not sure which one) that was sold to him by the former bull, Jason Caffey.

Jurr
05-13-2005, 06:14 AM
Yes, we were in my buddy's landrover/rangerover (not sure which one) that was sold to him by the former bull, Jason Caffey.
Well, I'll be damned.

Maximo
05-13-2005, 07:23 AM
For what it's worth.....the Sox got a lot of "good play" on SportsCenter this morning. Win over the O's.....Garland's achievements....a rather long segment on Buerhle's ability to complete games in less than two hours.

I realize yesterday was a 'slow news day'.....very few games to report on.....but I'm thinking that the "mediots" at ESPN may finally be coming around to thinking that the Sox are going to be around all summer and fall and we had better introduce these guys to the rest of the free world.

MIgrenade
05-13-2005, 07:26 AM
See SoxCenter thread.

Maximo
05-13-2005, 07:30 AM
See SoxCenter thread.

Sorry......still waking up.

NonetheLoaiza
05-13-2005, 09:41 AM
Nice little piece on Mark. Uh oh, ESPN is starting to notice...

Church Turtle
05-13-2005, 10:00 AM
There was also an extended piece on Pardon the Interruption. They interviewed KW. Unfortunately they had to get side-tracked on the "that manager of yours has a loose tongue" wanna-be contoversy. And they couldn't help themselves but to bring up that Wilbonn is a fan of the team who's name shall not be spoken.

"Tribune Tonight" or whatever the Dan Jiggits show on Comcast is called featured an interview with Rowand. It wasn't too bad, but seemed to focus a lot on "What do you think since Sammy's not coming?"

I'm far enough south that the local media covers as much about the Cardinals as anything and there is always ample high school and college representation. I don't know how some of you guys can stomach the media up there.

DrCrawdad
05-13-2005, 10:15 AM
...And they couldn't help themselves but to bring up that Wilbonn is a fan of the team who's name shall not be spoken...

I find it interesting that he's a Cubbie fan...
"Yes it's North and South, but it's also racial. My Dad tried to go see Jackie Robinson in 1948 and was turned away. He vowed he would never go see the Cubs play again. We'd take the L to Comiskey 20 times a year. But Wrigley might as well have been in Minneapolis." -- Michael Wilbon Chicago native and St. Joseph's high school graduate as quoted in the December Sports Illustrated.

TheOldRoman
05-13-2005, 10:19 AM
I thought it was a pretty good piece, but it didnt praise Buehrle enough. IMO, it was all about "Wow, he pitches so fast. How does he pitch so fast?" instead of "He is so good, one of the best in the game." It seemed like they treated Buehrle almost as a novelty or a joke because he pitches so fast. Oh well, at least that moron Stuart Scott didnt preface the segment by saying "Buehrle has been ah-ight this year, but can a playa get some fans in the seats?" like he did last week.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Wilbon's quote actually appeared in S.I. in an April 2003 story by Rick Telander entitled ' Hey Chicago, next year is here...'Lip

Palpidious
05-13-2005, 02:18 PM
it's nice to get the love, but it's only cause ny, boston, and the scrubs were off.

Palpidious
05-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Nice little piece on Mark. Uh oh, ESPN is starting to notice...

trying to get his name out there so most of the country won't say "who is this guy?" when he signs with st louis

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 03:29 PM
They actually ran that Buerhle piece a week or two ago. Come on ESPN, give use fresh meat!