PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Club Question

spiffie
05-13-2005, 12:46 AM
Tomorrow night my friend and I have tickets in the Club level. I know when I went to the Bulls playoff games and had tickets in their equivalent level I had access to their fine dining area. Is that the same at USCF, or is the Stadium Club something totally separate from the club seating purchase?

GiveMeSox
05-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Tomorrow night my friend and I have tickets in the Club level. I know when I went to the Bulls playoff games and had tickets in their equivalent level I had access to their fine dining area. Is that the same at USCF, or is the Stadium Club something totally separate from the club seating purchase?

Usually it is. The club level is not connected to the stadium club restaurant and lounge. You need passes to go to the stadium club then pay to eat when u get up there. Its really nice and anyone can buy passes for it, I think some season ticket packages come with them though.

HomeFish
05-13-2005, 01:25 AM
Usually it is. The club level is not connected to the stadium club restaurant and lounge. You need passes to go to the stadium club then pay to eat when u get up there. Its really nice and anyone can buy passes for it, I think some season ticket packages come with them though.

How much are the passes, and where does one buy them?

chisoxfanatic
05-13-2005, 01:33 AM

I'm not sure how much passes cost; however, you can contact a ticket agent on information on that...They can sell you passes, I'm sure.

GiveMeSox
05-13-2005, 01:33 AM

Hmm, i think the ones I have seen, that come with season ticket packages, it said something around $30 per pop. This is just a guess though I would call the sox box office for more info, 866-sox-game!

chisoxfanatic
05-13-2005, 01:40 AM
Hmm, i think the ones I have seen, that come with season ticket packages, it said something around $30 per pop. This is just a guess though I would call the sox box office for more info, 866-sox-game!

Would those with an Ozzie plan be eligible?

TheOldRoman
05-13-2005, 01:59 AM
Wait, so people pay $30 additional each person to go sit in a special area where they have to pay even more money for food?

chisoxfanatic
05-13-2005, 02:07 AM
Wait, so people pay $30 additional each person to go sit in a special area where they have to pay even more money for food?

I believe only one person in a party needs to have one of those passes. They must make a reservation in advance, and they'll check your name off at the front desk. The buffet costs roughly $50-$60 a person, but it's so good!

TheOldRoman
05-13-2005, 02:12 AM
I believe only one person in a party needs to have one of those passes. They must make a reservation in advance, and they'll check your name off at the front desk. The buffet costs roughly $50-$60 a person, but it's so good!
Damn. I was going to buy a pair of tickets from one of my mom's co-workers who gets season tickets. He said they came with a pass for the stadium club. Im glad I didnt get them now. I would have been pretty pissed if I walked in there and was asked to fork over $120 for my girlfriend and me to eat.
Btw, do the Bertucci Boys do the catering? I once won a pair of tickets from AM1000 about 10 years ago that came with a pregame buffett pass. It was in the patio area, and we got all the food we could eat. My dad is a big guy, and at age 12, I was probably eating as much as him.:redface: Anyways, the food was great. They had signs up with prices, but we didnt have to pay. We figured out that we ate about $35 worth of food before the game, and that was with just sodas.

ewokpelts
05-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Damn. I was going to buy a pair of tickets from one of my mom's co-workers who gets season tickets. He said they came with a pass for the stadium club. Im glad I didnt get them now. I would have been pretty pissed if I walked in there and was asked to fork over $120 for my girlfriend and me to eat.
Btw, do the Bertucci Boys do the catering? I once won a pair of tickets from AM1000 about 10 years ago that came with a pregame buffett pass. It was in the patio area, and we got all the food we could eat. My dad is a big guy, and at age 12, I was probably eating as much as him.:redface: Anyways, the food was great. They had signs up with prices, but we didnt have to pay. We figured out that we ate about $35 worth of food before the game, and that was with just sodas.
you dont have to buy the food in teh stadium club.....

also, teh betrucci's still do patio parties....that's 38 a head now

rdwj
05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
I would have been pretty pissed if I walked in there and was asked to fork over $120 for my girlfriend and me to eat.

There is a nice big bar area too - you can just sit and watch the game and hang out there. I go every once in a while. It's nice on windy or cold days ...or if you get there a little early and just want a drink.

Hitmen77
05-13-2005, 09:58 AM

So, $20 or so for your regular ticket, $30 to get in the stadium club, $60 for the food, and - let me guess - $10 for a Coke or a beer?

Hey, as long as it helps build up the Sox payroll, I'm all for people paying that money.

chisoxfanatic
05-13-2005, 09:59 AM
There is a nice big bar area too - you can just sit and watch the game and hang out there. I go every once in a while. It's nice on windy or cold days ...or if you get there a little early and just want a drink.

Do you have to have the pass to get into the bar area too, or is that just the restaurant?

Ol' No. 2
05-13-2005, 10:07 AM
You need a membership to get into the stadium club. For a full season it's $800 for up to 4 people. I don't know how they work it for people will less than a full season package.

CLR01
05-13-2005, 10:23 AM

There is a bar upstairs that you can sit and watch the game in and order food from. It is cheaper and IMO the food is better. The buffet sucks.

rdwj
05-13-2005, 10:41 AM
Do you have to have the pass to get into the bar area too, or is that just the restaurant?

Yes, you need the pass. They're in the same area - restaurant on the main floor and bar upstairs. It's actually very nice and a great place to take a date especially if she isn't a huge fan.

The other nice thing about passes is that you can buy cheap upper deck tickets and take the elevator to the concourse level. They don't check your tickets and send you back to the upper deck.

LVSoxFan
05-13-2005, 10:44 AM
He's right. The bar upstairs is more casual and a better view of the game.

Not to knock the people here who like the club, but I was itchin' to get out when we were there on opening day. In the restaurant unless you're up close to the window, you don't even feel like you're at the park. It's more like you're in a building across the street.

The buffet food was standard fare--and kind of heavy stuff for going to a ballgame. I quickly fled and told my co-workers to meet me in the outfield, LOL--I'd rather have a polish.

I wouldn't go back to the Stadium Club, but if you're looking to impress somebody I guess it's not bad.

Taz
05-13-2005, 12:29 PM
You need a membership to get into the stadium club. For a full season it's $800 for up to 4 people. I don't know how they work it for people will less than a full season package.

So does everyone member of your party need tickets to the game? If you have a membership to the club, you can bring in 'extra' folks and still watch the game... ???

cheeses_h_rice
05-13-2005, 12:37 PM
He's right. The bar upstairs is more casual and a better view of the game.

Not to knock the people here who like the club, but I was itchin' to get out when we were there on opening day. In the restaurant unless you're up close to the window, you don't even feel like you're at the park. It's more like you're in a building across the street.

The buffet food was standard fare--and kind of heavy stuff for going to a ballgame. I quickly fled and told my co-workers to meet me in the outfield, LOL--I'd rather have a polish.

I wouldn't go back to the Stadium Club, but if you're looking to impress somebody I guess it's not bad.

Occasionally my brother gives me his season tickets with Stadium Club passes, and to be honest, the Stadium Club is nice only when the weather is really crummy. Unless you've reserved a seat close to the window, you're almost better off just sitting off by the bar/food area and watching the game on one of the big flat screen TVs. The food is really rich and heavy, as you said, the drinks are expensive, and you have to pay with a credit card, which is annoying if you'd rather be free to move around the club or if a seat near the window opens up (you need to close out your tab where you were sitting and open a new one where you move to).

I don't think I've ever spent the entire game in the SC -- I'd much rather sit in the seats and buy the 'hoi polloi' food.

CLR01
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
So does everyone member of your party need tickets to the game? If you have a membership to the club, you can bring in 'extra' folks and still watch the game... ???

They would still need tickets, but you could just buy the cheapest available.

CLR01
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I don't think I've ever spent the entire game in the SC -- I'd much rather sit in the seats and buy the 'hoi polloi' food.

I have once, I called ahead and reserved a window seat in the bar and spent the whole game there. I couldn't see the scoreboard very well from the seat I was in and the tab was around $150. The stadium club is only good for pre/post games drinks and food.

Ol' No. 2
05-13-2005, 02:16 PM
If I go there, it's generally before the game. We'll have a few beers and some nachos or sandwiches, then head down to our seats right before game time. I'd MUCH rather watch the game from the seats than from the Stadium Club - even if you're by the glass. It is nice, however, when the weather is really crummy or if there's a long rain delay.