PDA

View Full Version : Rick Morrissey: Ignore the experts, believe in this team

Unregistered
05-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Always nice to get whatever comes the Sox way, in terms of positive press, I suppose:

This team isn't a concoction. It's real. It was real enough Thursday night to beat the Orioles 3-2. Real enough to beat the team with the second-best record in baseball. Jon Garland was real enough to give up two runs in eight innings and run his record to 7-0. He was real enough to get out of a few jams against the best-hitting team in the majors.

Much of the doubt is coming from the media, a development I know must absolutely stun readers, viewers and listeners alike. Ignore the experts. There are naysayers and then there are neigh-sayers, whom we'll kindly call horse's patoots. It's OK to believe in this team.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050512morrissey,1,1486999.column?coll=cs-home-utility

Baby Fisk
05-13-2005, 12:37 AM
All aboard the bandwagon!

Brian26
05-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Who is he considering an "expert"? The "experts" are clowns. The most knowledgable people are on this board day-in and day-out.

voodoochile
05-13-2005, 12:40 AM
All aboard the bandwagon!

I still got shotgun and I ain't giving the seat up...:cool:

White Sox Josh
05-13-2005, 12:53 AM
"Rick Morrissey, please report to the pricipals office now!"

FarWestChicago
05-13-2005, 01:06 AM
I say, "**** you and every member of your family" to all members of the Chicago media. Go away and report on your beloved Flubs. You have no right to talk about our Sox. You made your own bed. For once, show one ounce of decency and don't even think about getting on our bandwagon. What a bunch of scumbag losers. They have to look up to see a snake's belly.

Chisox003
05-13-2005, 01:10 AM
The worst part about the Sox being good (If there actually is a bad part)
is the band wagoners, like this guy....
And kids at school, or coworkers who you KNOW were diehard Flub fans 2 months ago...

Oh well, 26-9 will do that I guess

rwcescato
05-13-2005, 01:26 AM
Always nice to get whatever comes the Sox way, in terms of positive press, I suppose:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050512morrissey,1,1486999.column?coll=cs-home-utility
As AJ says, we think we are that good, I say Damn straight they are.
GO SOX, I was there and it was awesome. What a great way to start a 7 game homestand. screw the media we will prevail.

chisoxfanatic
05-13-2005, 01:31 AM
screw the media we will prevail.

Absolutely! And we will prevail the Ozzie way with smart ball, an aggressive defense, and timely hitting coupled with an outstanding pitching staff.

Irishsox1
05-13-2005, 01:51 AM
Wait until the stuffed shirts at Tribune Corporation read that. Morrissey will be covering highschool bowling by the end of the day.

Shoeless Joe
05-13-2005, 02:58 AM
80 more wins and maybe Steve Phillips will talk about a possible Wild Card for the Sox.

MHOUSE
05-13-2005, 03:08 AM
On the topic of experts, I love when they refer to Reynolds, Kruk, Gammons, Kurkjian, etc. as "the sharpest minds in the game" on Baseball Tonight commercials. I laugh hard every time. Truthfully, the real experts are the diehard fans of any team in any sport. There are many on this board and props to one and all. F-the media.

Jurr
05-13-2005, 06:31 AM
What a great moment I had last night as I was out. Once again, I was just carousing in Memphis at a local establishment in a Paul Konerko jersey, and I was approached by a southern-drawl totin' guy with a crisp, clean Sox hat on. He pointed to it and said, "I love 'em, man! Boy, they won again tonight!"

I shook his hand and said, "Nice to have you aboard, man,....just keep wearing that hat even if they stop winning as much as they are right now."

He said, "Oh, of course, man! The Sox are great!"

I'm skeptical.

daveeym
05-13-2005, 08:54 AM
I say, "**** you and every member of your family" to all members of the Chicago media. Go away and report on your beloved Flubs. You have no right to talk about our Sox. You made your own bed. For once, show one ounce of decency and don't even think about getting on our bandwagon. What a bunch of scumbag losers. They have to look up to see a snake's belly. Looks like the windsock has, he's been very quiet on the sox, surely lying in the weeds waiting to strike when an injury happens or a rough patch appears. I see him writing about Chicago Social Club spring playoffs before writing about the sox again.

DaveIsHere
05-13-2005, 08:56 AM
I would love to be interviewed by the media, just to tell them to screw off and leave us alone...remember this is a Cub's town!?!?! These people better not be buying seeats that are more deserving for us true Sox fans!!!

maurice
05-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Morrissey has never been a member of the cubtastic brigade that dominates the local media.

Lip Man 1
05-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Positive column.

Lip

Palpidious
05-13-2005, 01:39 PM
about time the sox get some props in the media

mikehuff
05-13-2005, 04:56 PM
"There's going to be a lot of crying in the beer in Chicago. I don't care what kind of start the Sox are having there's no way they are making the playoffs. Look to Minnesota." --Jeff Brantley, Baseball "analyst", ESPN 4-23-2005

I love the signiture Chisox003. This is definitely something to hold onto. It will be interesting checking in on his analysis through out the year.