PDA

View Full Version : Evil Empire Fans @ Tonite's Game?

Viva Medias B's
05-12-2005, 11:16 PM
To those of you at the game tonight, were there a ton of Evil Empire fans at the game? What was the atomsphere like? Were there incidents, or was it calm?

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 11:18 PM
To those of you at the game tonight, were there a ton of Evil Empire fans at the game? What was the atomsphere like? Were there incidents, or was it calm?

I saw no incidents save the obvious heckling. Oh and tons of Sosa cracks and signs of course. I think I saw cork flying at the end of the game too.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Saw a minor scuffle in the bleachers during the fourth, and some idiot in a Sosa jersey in my section cheering when Pods was picked off the second time, but that was about it. Great crowd overall, whatever their affiliation.

daveeym
05-13-2005, 08:03 AM
Saw a minor scuffle in the bleachers during the fourth, and some idiot in a Sosa jersey in my section cheering when Pods was picked off the second time, but that was about it. Great crowd overall, whatever their affiliation. Of course it wasn't half price thug night. And those dollar dogs soak up a lot of alcohol.

Hangar18
05-13-2005, 08:52 AM
my cousin, who is a blue sheep, was at the game last nite.
He admitted trying to root for the Orioles, and that we were going to run
into a buzzsaw, but we didnt

Hangar18
05-13-2005, 09:04 AM
This was the most behaved Ive seen cub fans in YEARS.
There werent as many as usual, which is either halfprice nites,
or the beginning of homestands, its weird. I cant say anything bad
about them last nite, they were behaved.

D. TODD
05-13-2005, 09:57 AM
This was the most behaved Ive seen cub fans in YEARS.
There werent as many as usual, which is either halfprice nites,
or the beginning of homestands, its weird. I cant say anything bad
about them last nite, they were behaved. I agree, there seemed to be less in my section, and no totally obnoxious ones. A couple of guys directly in front of me were Scrub fans, but the only way I could tell was from overhearing their conversation. No drunken buffoonery, as has become all too common on half-price Mondays.

daveeym
05-13-2005, 10:11 AM
I agree, there seemed to be less in my section, and no totally obnoxious ones. A couple of guys directly in front of me were Scrub fans, but the only way I could tell was from overhearing their conversation. No drunken buffoonery, as has become all too common on half-price Mondays. Cubs fans are generally ducking for cover and cowering from talking baseball right now. The only thing they have is D. Lee and an occasional good start from a pitcher.

Viva Medias B's
05-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Tonight (Friday), the Cub fans were very few and far between. In fact, I think I saw more Oriole fans than Cub fans.

bigfoot
05-14-2005, 06:10 AM
It's rather difficult for Blue Plague fanz to be very rowdy. Most are still recovering from broken ankles......falling off that Blue Bandwagon.:wink: