PDA

View Full Version : Our Kiss Cam moment

Vernam
05-13-2005, 12:15 AM
As anyone who attends Sox games knows, "Kiss Cam" is where they point cameras at generally unsuspecting couples and basically dare them not to kiss each other for the edification of Jumbotron viewers. Sometimes it's funny, and lots of times it's lame. The roaming cameraman showed up tonight at the end of our aisle (Sec 118, row 23), and I warned my wife I was going to do something silly, so it wouldn't hurt her feelings. (She is the ultimate Good Sport.) It was Dollar Dog night, and she'd just come back with one for each of us. Sure enough, the camera came on, and I could just catch sight of us out of the corner of my eye on the big centerfield screen. She turned on cue as if to kiss me. I pretended not to notice the cam and instead took a bite of hot dog. I could kind of hear the crowd roar a little but resisted the urge to look at the screen. So I pretended to be shocked and turned belatedly to kiss her. After we kissed, she "got even" by waving her hand in front of her face, like my breath smelled from the onion-covered dog. It was just a great little moment, and the crowd went wild. I wish I could have seen it on the big screen, but that would have ruined it. :D:

As we were walking out of the stadium after the Sox won, people kept coming up and saying "Awesome job on the Kiss Cam!" I was kind of stunned that we could be recognized after that brief episode -- a true 15 seconds of fame. Our kids, who would kill to get on the Jumbotron, couldn't get over it. What a hoot. Oh yeah, great game, too!

If you were at the game and saw this, please drop me a line or post a reply. :smile:

Sox of White
05-13-2005, 12:21 AM
That was awesome! Classic moment! Now that I know you did that on purpose it is even cooler. Your wife added added to it, by waving her hand in front of her nose as if to imply bad breath. It was an awesome moment. Thanks for the laughs.

I also happened to be on the jumbotron tonight. I was the bearded guy in flannel. I also had people reckognize me after the game! What a game!!!!

SOX ADDICT '73
05-13-2005, 12:32 AM
...I pretended not to notice the cam and instead took a bite of hot dog. I could kind of hear the crowd roar a little but resisted the urge to look at the screen. So I pretended to be shocked and turned belatedly to kiss her. After we kissed, she "got even" by waving her hand in front of her face, like my breath smelled from the onion-covered dog...:smile:
LOL! That was a great moment, and looked totally spontaneous and genuine. You and your wifey did a great job of selling it. You guys are another Burns and Allen (sorry for ancient reference, young posters).

KarkoFan1
05-13-2005, 12:35 AM
that was a great move. Me and the whole family thought that was a funny as heck.

NonetheLoaiza
05-13-2005, 12:38 AM
My brother and I were laughing pretty hard. Nice job.

spiffie
05-13-2005, 12:44 AM
Everyone around me (myself totally included) thought that was just absolutely awesome. As my friend said "Now there's a man with his priorities straight!"

sox_fan_forever
05-13-2005, 01:50 AM
That was hilarious! Everyone in my section was laughing.

mweflen
05-13-2005, 10:50 AM
man, where do you have to sit to get on kiss cam? my GF and I have been waiting for 8 games now!:rolleyes:

mike squires
05-13-2005, 11:26 AM
My Mom told me they had us on at a Indianapolis Indian game but I didn't notice. My wife must have been asleep too.

Good job, sounded like it was a fun night all around last night.

billnahorodny
05-13-2005, 12:22 PM
I saw that too! Everyone in my section was cracking up! Very nice!

DumpJerry
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
man, where do you have to sit to get on kiss cam? my GF and I have been waiting for 8 games now!:rolleyes:
I was recently in 141, second row (right behind the Sox dugout). The Kiss Cam caught a couple right in front of me and a couple in the front row of 140. I think it was a camera from the first base camera well.

mrfourni
05-13-2005, 01:49 PM
whenever i'm roaming to upgrade my seats, i always try and find the most attractive girl in a section just in case they put me on kiss cam. it hasn't worked yet:cool:

FARMEO
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
The best kiss cam moment was when a girl looked at the guy next to her, but she turned her head and kissed another girl instead. And I thought that this was a family establishment!!

the gooch
05-13-2005, 06:55 PM
The best kiss cam moment was when a girl looked at the guy next to her, but she turned her head and kissed another girl instead. And I thought that this was a family establishment!!

saw that one too. one time a guy pulled the girls head 'down there'.

Hagan
05-14-2005, 01:58 AM

Ha i saw that to. They put the cam on a brother and sister at tonights game and it was funny seeing the guy freaking out because for some reason he did not want to lock lips with his sister.

Vernam
05-14-2005, 11:18 PM
Hey, thanks to all for the kind words. "Burns and Allen" would be Britt and Dick instead of George and Gracie, I assume? :redneck

VC