PDA

View Full Version : Putting this Trade Shingo talk to rest.

White Sox Josh
05-12-2005, 07:23 PM
I just wanted to let people know that the Sox won't be trading Shingo. He has a full no-trade clause.

nasox
05-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I just wanted to let people know that the Sox won't be trading Shingo. He has a full no-trade clause.

That's surprising to me. I guess that was one of the things he demanded in his negotiations in the sox. Surprising, because JR doesn't like giving those out.

MeanFish
05-12-2005, 08:00 PM
That's surprising to me. I guess that was one of the things he demanded in his negotiations in the sox. Surprising, because JR doesn't like giving those out.

Shingo's contract isn't very long or very large. It's not as if it's going to hurt the team to honor his request for a no-trade clause. I know Uncle Jerry has issues with big contract players as far as protection goes, but I think he views minor league guys or guys with contracts similar to minor league guys in a different light.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 08:20 PM
He doesn't need to be traded, he just needs a lesser role on the team until he rediscovers how to pitch. If he does.

buehrle4cy05
05-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Have Hermanson be the full time closer, use Damaso and Shingo in the 8th, Politte/Vizcaino in the 7th, and Cotts in innings before the 7th. Remember, Shingo wasn't thrown into the closer role at the start of last year. Shingo promptly retired something like 27+ straight batters and worked his way into the closer role.

kevingrt
05-12-2005, 08:50 PM
He doesn't need to be traded, he just needs a lesser role on the team until he rediscovers how to pitch. If he does.

One word: Agreement!

elrod
05-12-2005, 09:37 PM
Hermanson was lights out tonight against two lefties with a one-run lead. I'm not sure what he brings, but he is very effective.

White Sox Josh
05-12-2005, 09:38 PM
What does everybody think of using Shingo with 2-3 run lead and using Hermy with a 1 run lead.

MeanFish
05-12-2005, 09:38 PM
As good as Hermanson is, I can't help but think that Shingo is going to be the man when we play in October

DickAllen72
05-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Remember, Shingo wasn't thrown into the closer role at the start of last year. Shingo promptly retired something like 27+ straight batters and worked his way into the closer role.

I fully expect similar results from Shingo this year. He'll be lights out for us once again this summer.

MRKARNO
05-12-2005, 10:07 PM
What does everybody think of using Shingo with 2-3 run lead and using Hermy with a 1 run lead.

AKA Hermanson in higher leverage situations and Shingo in lower leverage situations? That might work.

Jurr
05-12-2005, 10:36 PM
I thought we were getting Derek Lee for Shingo? Was that just a bunch of crap? Now I'm really upset.

White Sox Josh
05-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Since the Giants could use a closer what about Barry Bonds for Shingo! :rolleyes:

White Sox Josh
05-12-2005, 11:09 PM
AKA Hermanson in higher leverage situations and Shingo in lower leverage situations? That might work.I bet you anything that if the Sox would've had a 2 run lead going into the top of the 9th today Shingo would've been in there.

Joosh
05-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Since the Giants could use a closer what about Barry Bonds for Shingo! :rolleyes:

We should at least be able to get a prospect or 2 from the Giants since Bonds is such a whiney baby.

Tragg
05-12-2005, 11:15 PM
A lot of trade talk idiotic - from shingo, to crede, to borchard to garland last year - it's like selling your stock the day after the market crashes 50%. So you can get 1/2 its value?

Shingo, overall, is an effective pitcher and he has the guts and know-how to close. If you want to trade him, which I don't, let him get 5 saves in a row and then trade him.

Epark84
05-12-2005, 11:23 PM

you couldnt get much more than a bag of balls for him anyway. Not a huge market for a 36 year old pitcher who is prone to the long ball

FarWestChicago
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
A lot of trade talk idiotic - from shingo, to crede, to borchard to garland last year - it's like selling your stock the day after the market crashes 50%. So you can get 1/2 its value?Excellent point! That's something panicking idiots do all the time. :D: