PDA

View Full Version : Sox on PTI, again

Palehose Pete
05-12-2005, 05:32 PM
Get ready.

This is The Year
05-12-2005, 05:34 PM
They are having 5 minutes about the white sox on Pardon the interuption on espn right about now.

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 05:34 PM
Get ready.

What will they rip on this time? They will probably predict that the Orioles will sweep the Sox or somethin' super dumb and ridiculous like that.

Jjav829
05-12-2005, 05:37 PM
The Sox will be on their 5 good minutes segment. So the question; which "expert" are they going to pull out to talk about the Sox. Hopefully it's a player like Buehrle or someone, but more likely, they'll talk to Moronotti as ESPN seems to think he's an expert on Chicago sports. :rolleyes:

Palehose Pete
05-12-2005, 05:37 PM
Well, we do have ugly uniforms, so how could they possibly say anything good about us.

This is The Year
05-12-2005, 05:38 PM
What will they rip on this time? They will probably predict that the Orioles will sweep the Sox or somethin' super dumb and ridiculous like that.

they better not but they probably will considering how the national media is reaacting to this start by the white sox

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Well, they just went to break and before that "The two teams with the best records in baeball meet tonight. Are the White Sox a flash in the pan?"

And everyone picked Baltimore to be really good this year... :rolleyes:

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Well, they just went to break and before that "The two teams with the best records in baeball meet tonight. Are the White Sox a flash in the pan?"

And everyone picked Baltimore to be really good this year... :rolleyes:

A flash in the pan, eh? I say bah to that.

elrod
Remember, Kornheiser hates the Orioles. As a Yankee fan in DC, he is part of the larger putzocracy that has always hated all things DC or Baltimore (though he is a big Redskins fan).

This is The Year
alright its on

MIgrenade
Holy Crap Its Kw!

Stroker Ace
05-12-2005, 05:43 PM
It's Kw!!!!! Yesssss!!!!!

Palehose Pete
SWEEEET! It's Kenny!

Ol' No. 2
Get ready.Do yourself a favor. Just turn on some Three Stooges flicks. You probably won't be able to tell the difference, anyway.

Jjav829
Hey, it's Kenny! Couldn't have imagined this record. Says he understands why people had doubts. We lost some of our sexiness.

Flight #24
Recap please!!!

Sox of White
KW, "We lost some of our sexiness."

Ha ha ha. That was awesome.

ilsox7
05-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Interview taped at 3:03 according to the scoreboard clock.

CLR01
05-12-2005, 05:46 PM

Ha ha ha. That was awesome.

"Kenny Williams knows sexiness!"

:KW

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Yeah, screw the cubs kenny!

MIgrenade
05-12-2005, 05:47 PM
Great comment about Wilbon "worst kind of citizen." South Side Cubs fan.

Stroker Ace
Good interview.

Jjav829
He just called the team grinders...every single one of them.

He defended Ozzie saying what's wrong with a little character.

KW clarified Ozzie's comments saying it wasn't fully reported. Ozzie was talking more about the grand scheme of things.

Cubs topic comes up. KW says we need to win more than one World Series to capture the heart of the city. He only cares about what Sox fans want. Not a concern what they are doing on the other side of town. KW called Wilbon a turncoat of the worst kind and laughed.

/End Interview

Sox of White
Overall, that was not bad at all. Kenny rocked the house.

ilsox7
Interesting how much they edited out. The interview started at 3:03 and ended at 3:11, so about 3-4 minutes edited out. Always curious what that stuff is!

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Interesting how much they edited out. The interview started at 3:03 and ended at 3:11, so about 3-4 minutes edited out. Always curious what that stuff is!

...interesting... makes me wonder too. Probably something about the cubs sucking. The media does not want that getting out to the public.

MIgrenade
05-12-2005, 05:48 PM

Yeah I caught that too. Believe me, it was controversial they would have had it.

Greg1983
05-12-2005, 05:50 PM
I thought that was an excellent interview. Kenny acquitted himself well, although his cliches kind of ran together at times, but he spoke well.

I don't know what the prevailing opinion on this board is (I'll read some other threads later), but I've found PTI to be fair and respectful of the Sox. Even Wilbon, who states publicly that he's a Cub fan, has been mostly respectful of the White Sox success so far. And those guys are good about having a laugh at themselves...that last question about Wilbon being a South Side turncoat, and Kenny's deadpan response, was hilarious.

After that, a Sox win tonight would make this a truly great day.

ilsox7
05-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah I caught that too. Believe me, it was controversial they would have had it.

Agreed. I am just always curious as to what stuff gets edited. Was it a rambling answer? A crappy question? The guys just Bull****ting?

Palehose Pete
05-12-2005, 05:51 PM
I like the way Tony calls out Wilbon on national TV about being a South Side Cubs fan. Maybe he did that in part to keep Wilbon from jumping on the bandwagon as the Sox win more games?

Cubsuck_a_lot
05-12-2005, 05:52 PM
mihgt have been about attendance or the new renovations to the Cell

SoxEd
05-12-2005, 05:53 PM
...interesting... makes me wonder too. Probably something about the cubs sucking. The media does not want that getting out to the public.

If you're interviewing anyone for TV broadcast you end up shooting way more footage than you use.

This is for various reasons - e.g.s:
a plane flies over and ruins your sound levels,
someone walks across your background shot, meaning that any edits you make to the order of the questions can be given away by apparent 'continuity errors',
you cut out the sound of your interviewer asking each question and re-dub it later for sound quality,
the interviewee sneezes or changes his mind in an answer, or fluffs a bit and says 'can we go again', etc etc.

I wouldn't read anything too sinister in to the apparent loss of four minutes of tape.

Of course, the other reason none of you have come up with is that the clock in the background is banjaxed...:D:

ZachAL
05-12-2005, 05:54 PM
"Kenny Williams knows sexiness!"

Haha maybe so, but he needs to get his sense of style in check especially during a national tv interview.

ilsox7
05-12-2005, 05:58 PM
If you're interviewing anyone for TV broadcast you end up shooting way more footage than you use.

This is for various reasons - e.g.s:
a plane flies over and ruins your sound levels,
someone walks across your background shot, meaning that any edits you make to the order of the questions can be given away by apparent 'continuity errors',
you cut out the sound of your interviewer asking each question and re-dub it later for sound quality,
the interviewee sneezes or changes his mind in an answer, or fluffs a bit and says 'can we go again', etc etc.

I wouldn't read anything too sinister in to the apparent loss of four minutes of tape.

Of course, the other reason none of you have come up with is that the clock in the background is banjaxed...:D:

Interesting stuff. I know some cynical things have been mentioned, but I in no way intended that with my comments. Just curious of the behind the scenes type things on these interviews!

Infallible
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM

"wha choo sayin man? I not sexy?!?"
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/115230_90x135.jpg

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 05:59 PM
I love KW!

There is one thing that this thing has from top to bottom...ATTITUDE! :cool:

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 06:00 PM
"wha choo sayin man? I not sexy?!?"
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/pressbox/photos/headshots_players_coaches/115230_90x135.jpg

"Listen, Ozzie. I said we lost SOME of our sexiness, not ALL of our sexiness. You still da man."

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 06:28 PM

"Listen, Ozzie. I said we lost SOME of our sexiness, not ALL of our sexiness. You still da man."

Ha ha, word.

Nard
05-12-2005, 06:40 PM
KW is a smooth operator.

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 06:42 PM
KW is a smooth operator.

*Cue Sade....

hsnterprize
05-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Some of the things I liked about KW's interview on PTI were that he told Wilbon and Kornheiser that he basically had the guts to do what he felt was right for the team despite what "hits" he'd take from the experts in the media. He said, "...as a sports executive in this town (Chicago), you're never right anyway." and he's 100% correct. How many people second-guessed him when he made the moves he made. The only people who had enough corage to believe in what he was doing were Sox fans who knew the way the team was before wasn't cutting it.

KW really wants to win. His comment on the Sox having "back it (a World Series win) up and win another one." really captures what we have been saying for years. It takes consistent winning for the Sox to take over this city. I also liked it when he said that "you might as well be talking about 2 different cities" in regards to the Cubs' fans to the White Sox fans. He cares about us, and knows we want a hard-nosed team that wins. I'll give him all the credit in the world for trying to do just that.

And as far as Wilbon is concerned, he and anyone else who professed Cubbie allegiance in 2003 and last year need to shut up and take notice on what's happening on the south side. And they might as well not even bother jumping on the bandwagon because if they didn't believe in our team before, there's no sense in riding this wave of momentum now.

All in all...an EXCELLENT interview on PTI. Those were definintely "Five Good Minutes."

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Some of the things I liked about KW's interview on PTI were that he told Wilbon and Kornheiser that he basically had the guts to do what he felt was right for the team despite what "hits" he'd take from the experts in the media. He said, "...as a sports executive in this town (Chicago), you're never right anyway." and he's 100% correct. How many people second-guessed him when he made the moves he made. The only people who had enough corage to believe in what he was doing were Sox fans who knew the way the team was before wasn't cutting it.

KW really wants to win. His comment on the Sox having "back it (a World Series win) up and win another one." really captures what we have been saying for years. It takes consistent winning for the Sox to take over this city. I also liked it when he said that "you might as well be talking about 2 different cities" in regards to the Cubs' fans to the White Sox fans. He cares about us, and knows we want a hard-nosed team that wins. I'll give him all the credit in the world for trying to do just that.

And as far as Wilbon is concerned, he and anyone else who professed Cubbie allegiance in 2003 and last year need to shut up and take notice on what's happening on the south side. And they might as well not even bother jumping on the bandwagon because if they didn't believe in our team before, there's no sense in riding this wave of momentum now.

All in all...an EXCELLENT interview on PTI. Those were definintely "Five Good Minutes."

Excellent wrap-up and commentary.

nasox
05-12-2005, 08:15 PM
I thought that was an excellent interview. Kenny acquitted himself well, although his cliches kind of ran together at times, but he spoke well.

I don't know what the prevailing opinion on this board is (I'll read some other threads later), but I've found PTI to be fair and respectful of the Sox. Even Wilbon, who states publicly that he's a Cub fan, has been mostly respectful of the White Sox success so far. And those guys are good about having a laugh at themselves...that last question about Wilbon being a South Side turncoat, and Kenny's deadpan response, was hilarious.

After that, a Sox win tonight would make this a truly great day.

On this board, no mediot is respectful of the white sox. Except for Mariotti. He's a class act.

kcsportscaster
05-13-2005, 12:59 AM
I enjoyed those "Five Good Minutes" very much, especially after Jon Garland's eight inning gem tonight!!!! It's safe to say KW has indeed won me over with his confidence in this team, which is more of a team that last year's by a mile.

I also appreciated how KW defended Ozzie, saying "What's wrong with a little character," and that his comments about a certain Detroit Tiger now on the DL who had been with the Sox were not fully reported. IT'S ABOUT DAMNED TIME THE RECORD WAS SET STRAIGHT AS FAR AS THOSE COMMENTS WERE CONCERNED!!!! I wonder if that dumbass Steve Phillips was watching.

And how about KW and Kornheiser calling out Wilbon for being a Flubs fan, even though I've noticed Wilbon pumping up the Sox a bit!!!! That was hillarious.