PDA

View Full Version : Any new seats in?

cbrownson13
05-12-2005, 01:18 PM
I guess this is a dumb question because no one has probably seen or been inside the park in the past week. But the Sox were just on a six game road trip, anyone expect to see more green seats in? I know there wasn't after the last road trip, but they have had fairly nice weather conditions to do it. I'll be there tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing if there were any added.

MIgrenade
05-12-2005, 01:35 PM
Good question because I haven't noticed any new seats since the season opened.

TheOldRoman
05-12-2005, 01:51 PM
From what people on this board have told me, they have been working almost around the clock to finish the restaurant area inside the stadium for the scout seats. I went to opening day, and there was a tent outside with the food in it. That is obviously a high priority, due to the amount of money the scout seats bring in. I imagine then when the finish the restaurant, they would start putting the seats in. When they do put the new seats in, I hope they scrap the original plan of just doing the upper deck this season and put the green seats in the outfield first. The bleachers look great, but the seats around them dont.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
From what people on this board have told me, they have been working almost around the clock to finish the restaurant area inside the stadium for the scout seats. I went to opening day, and there was a tent outside with the food in it. That is obviously a high priority, due to the amount of money the scout seats bring in. I imagine then when the finish the restaurant, they would start putting the seats in. When they do put the new seats in, I hope they scrap the original plan of just doing the upper deck this season and put the green seats in the outfield first. The bleachers look great, but the seats around them dont.

I agree. What they need to do is complete the outfield for TV shots. The rest of the seats you really don't see that much on TV.

joe_tansey2004
05-12-2005, 01:59 PM
I wonder if they are even making money on the scout seats. It seems like whenever Im watching a game on TV, they really never have a lot of people in the scout seats. Somebody said it costs $200 to sit in those seats. Thats pretty expensive even if you get a buffet included. Now maybe if drinks were included...:rolleyes:

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 02:12 PM
I wonder if they are even making money on the scout seats. It seems like whenever Im watching a game on TV, they really never have a lot of people in the scout seats. Somebody said it costs $200 to sit in those seats. Thats pretty expensive even if you get a buffet included. Now maybe if drinks were included...:rolleyes:

I think it's around 170 and I could be wrong, but I think drinks are on the house. You gotta think so with that price. That's actually not a bad deal and I plan to try that one day. I'm sure tonight the section will be full and will continue to be when it warms up.

nasox
05-12-2005, 02:17 PM
I think it's around 170 and I could be wrong, but I think drinks are on the house. You gotta think so with that price. That's actually not a bad deal and I plan to try that one day. I'm sure tonight the section will be full and will continue to be when it warms up.

I think the seats have different price ranges. Like 170 and then 210. I'm not sure.

Sad
05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I guess this is a dumb question because no one has probably seen or been inside the park in the past week. But the Sox were just on a six game road trip, anyone expect to see more green seats in? I know there wasn't after the last road trip, but they have had fairly nice weather conditions to do it. I'll be there tonight so I'm looking forward to seeing if there were any added.

I was thinking they were replacing the ones in left field last time :?: but not sure now...

skottyj242
05-12-2005, 02:24 PM
I think the seats have different price ranges. Like 170 and then 210. I'm not sure.

The seats were only available as season tickets and they're tiered like the rest of the seats are, I think the Cubs games are $250, I sat in them the last Sunday game and my ticket said $175.

joe_tansey2004
05-17-2005, 02:10 PM
I went to the friday game against Baltimore and it looked like they put a few more green seats behind the scout section. I wanna say they put about 15 green seats.

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 02:29 PM
The seats were only available as season tickets and they're tiered like the rest of the seats are, I think the Cubs games are $250, I sat in them the last Sunday game and my ticket said $175.

You've sat in the scout seats? How about a full report!?! :o:

Sox of White
05-17-2005, 02:32 PM

I went to the game thursday and monday, and I did not notice any new green seats. I was wondering when there were going to get going on putting those in.

Iwritecode
05-17-2005, 03:45 PM
The seats were only available as season tickets

They are available on a game-by-game basis now.

Taz
05-17-2005, 04:00 PM

I just checked the whitesox.com site to see the prices and I couldn't select the scout seats. Do you have to call a special line?

skobabe8
05-17-2005, 04:07 PM

i just received a message from a ticket rep with the sox who said the scout seats are not available on a game by game basis. He said he doesnt believe they will be, as far as he knows.

MRKARNO
05-17-2005, 04:10 PM
i just received a message from a ticket rep with the sox who said the scout seats are not available on a game by game basis. He said he doesnt believe they will be, as far as he knows.

They're probably going to try like hell to get them all sold to season ticket holders but they might open them up to the general public if they cannot get that later in the year, with the intention of trying to get more season ticket holders in those seats next year.