PDA

View Full Version : Baseball hats: a critical analysis by some guy named Dave with a website

Baby Fisk
05-12-2005, 12:13 PM
linky (http://www.baseballtruth.com/diamond_duds/duds_120704.htm)

His comments on the Sox hat logo brought back memories of being in a Catholic high school and the stir that was caused when someone misread the logo as well:

Chicago White Sox: I have a black tie with the Sox logo on it. One day I wore it to work, and someone said 'Why are you wearing a tie that says 'Sex' all over it?" Looking at it closely, part of the Old English 'S' cuts down through the 'O' and makes it look like an 'e' if you aren't looking closely. :cool:

And his comments on the Black Jays' stupid smokey coloured home hat is spot on:

The Embarrassment to Humanity
Toronto Blue Jays (graphite): This is what happens when you turn your design completely over to the marketing types who apparently either don't know squat about baseball and its traditions or just don't give a damn.

Stroker Ace
05-12-2005, 02:38 PM
New York Mets (blue): Like treasures passed down from one generation to another, the 1962 expansion Mets introduced a cap that included blue from the departed Dodgers and orange interlocking NY from the also-departed Giants.

The Other New York Team: Yes, they belong on this list. No, there's no way I'm going to say anything nice about them. Move along.

HAHAHA!!!

Wsoxmike59
05-13-2005, 06:21 AM
My favorite hats in the big leagues all seem to be hats that have Interlocking letters on them.

The Sox, NY, SF, LA, and St.L remain among my favorite baseball caps. Those are some regal looking lids if I do say so myself.

Also honorable mentions should go to the Tigers home cap, I love that old English "D" and the Oakland A's home hat is a cool and colorful look.