PDA

View Full Version : How pumped are you for this series?

Jurr
05-12-2005, 09:53 AM
The White Sox have a HUGE series coming up. Baltimore is only two games behind the Sox in the AL standings, and both teams have a lot of momentum going into this series. Playoff atmosphere in May, folks? Based on ticket sales, this series will feature a close to packed house for all of the games, and the crowds should be electric.

We're going to see if the Sox pitching staff can match up with the run producing infield of the Orioles, and this should be one of the first big tests for that unit. Detroit has a pretty potent offense, as well, but this Orioles team is the first really consistent offense we're going to see.

Garland leads off the festivities, and it's going to be a great barometer of whether or not he's got some actual clout in the Cy Young watch. He didn't look great against Toronto, but a bit of that can be attributed to the fact that he had an 8 run lead and lost some focus. Younger pitchers tend to do that. Can Jon Garland pitch a great game and get a huge first win for the Sox?

You've gotta love a test like this for all of our players, as the offense is going to have to step up. Our pitching staff is great, but Baltimore's going to score runs. It'll be great to see if our guys can match them.

Two extremes can happen with this series, which is why it's so intruiging. The Sox could flop in this series, and Baltimore walks out with a big series win and notoriety as the big dogs in the AL (early). If the Sox dominate the series, there's going to be some HUGE attention pushed their way. If fans come out in droves for the four game series and see some great baseball played by the Sox, it's going to combine with the media attention to jumpstart ticket sales.

Let's hope the Sox have a great series in a great atmosphere. GO SOX!

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm oretty pumped, but because of football I can only watch Sunday's game. :(: I hope my guys here at WSI will give some some good details about the games!

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 10:26 AM
not really.....baltimore plays in an easy division and the draw was booing shammy, who wont even playt
Gene

Jurr
05-12-2005, 10:29 AM
not really.....baltimore plays in an easy division and the draw was booing shammy, who wont even playt
Gene
I hope that was supposed to be in teal.

Andy T Clown
05-12-2005, 10:30 AM
This should be a great series. And we shouldn't have to listen to the media go on and on about Sideshow Sammy's days with the chubs.:cool:

Jurr
05-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Yeah...having Sosa unavailable will be great, meaning that the focus can stay where it belongs.

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 10:37 AM
I hope that was supposed to be in teal.
nah..they play tampa, toronto, and new york a lot...easy division....
Gene

skottyj242
05-12-2005, 10:40 AM
I wasn't really looking forward to going to tonight's game just because of the weather, then I read this thread and now I'm really excited. I'm also really excited because my dad just called me and told me we're sitting in a skybox.