PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay

tlebar318
05-12-2005, 08:19 AM
I have just completed a whirlwind three day trip to Tampa to see the beloved White Sox. Quite an interesting time. After Monday's disappointing loss I headed across the street to Ferg's to drown my sorrows in some suds and ended having some brushes with celebrity greatness. I ended up talking to Dave Wills at great length and he is a personable and fun guy. Thanks for the conversation Dave! In addition, later in the evening I happened to look over and Mark Buerhle was sitting at a table having a beer. I went over to say something brilliant and all that came out of my mouth was "nice job" as I shook his hand. Too many beers at that point I guess! :D: Tuesday we lost again but I caught a foul ball so the night wasn't a complete wash! Thank god finally yesterday we got back on track with a win. Overall, had a good time over there. I highly recommend the road trip--even though it will not be till next year that they make it back...Go Sox!:bandance:

The Racehorse
05-12-2005, 08:25 AM
Pretty cool story... I once saw Rollins Band perform [1996] at Jannus Landing which is a mile or 2 from the Juice Bar. Before they hit stage that evening, I had a few beers and lunch at a sports bar located within site of the dome, but I can't remember the name... maybe it was Ferg's??

cubsuck
05-12-2005, 08:30 AM
I have just completed a whirlwind three day trip to Tampa to see the beloved White Sox. Quite an interesting time. After Monday's disappointing loss I headed across the street to Ferg's to drown my sorrows in some suds and ended having some brushes with celebrity greatness. I ended up talking to Dave Wills at great length and he is a personable and fun guy. Thanks for the conversation Dave! In addition, later in the evening I happened to look over and Mark Buerhle was sitting at a table having a beer. I went over to say something brilliant and all that came out of my mouth was "nice job" as I shook his hand. Too many beers at that point I guess! :D: Tuesday we lost again but I caught a foul ball so the night wasn't a complete wash! Thank god finally yesterday we got back on track with a win. Overall, had a good time over there. I highly recommend the road trip--even though it will not be till next year that they make it back...Go Sox!:bandance:

That story at the bar...basically paid for the trip! I'm glad you got to see a win over there yesterday!

I was at the game on Monday night...you could hear a pin drop in there!

There was a guy at the game there wearing a Buerhle "game used" jersey...was that you?? If it was...nice jersey man!

Come on down next year...!!!

tlebar318
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
That story at the bar...basically paid for the trip! I'm glad you got to see a win over there yesterday!

I was at the game on Monday night...you could hear a pin drop in there!

There was a guy at the game there wearing a Buerhle "game used" jersey...was that you?? If it was...nice jersey man!

Come on down next year...!!!

No I was wearing a black Sox shirt with my name on the back "LEBAR"--Tall guy stumbling around with a beer in my hand! :D:

nccwsfan
05-12-2005, 09:41 AM
Before they hit stage that evening, I had a few beers and lunch at a sports bar located within site of the dome, but I can't remember the name... maybe it was Ferg's??

It was Ferg's. That's the only bar by the Trop that has stood the test of time...

pdimas
05-12-2005, 10:23 AM
Willsy is a very cool guy and always happy to talk Sox baseball. You could always tell he was a real fan. I used to run into him at Hawkeyes on Taylor by UIC a lot. I remember the first time I met him I was taken aback by that booming voice of his.