PDA

View Full Version : Autograph opportunity on Friday.

SAVVY18
05-12-2005, 03:04 AM
May 2005, Friday

Various White Sox Players
Time: 11:30am - 12:30pm central
Location: James R. Thompson Center-100 W. Randolph St. (Chicago, IL)
http://www.csac.biz/clear.gifEd Farmer and John Rooney will join current players
at the Thompson Center to support the need for organ donation by signing the
backs of drivers licenses.

(312) 814-6684

SpammySosa
05-13-2005, 03:52 AM
From whitesox.com:
Organ/Tissue Donor Signing - Friday, May 13 at the Thompson Center
Join Jon Garland, A.J. Pierzynski, broadcaster Ed Farmer and team mascot Southpaw from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. as they join Secretary of State Jesse White to sign the back of driver's licenses to promote Organ/Tissue donorawareness.

Rocky Soprano
05-13-2005, 08:43 AM
Damn, I forgot to bring a baseball from home.
Anyone else planning on going?

Paxson93
05-13-2005, 12:10 PM
I just stopped over and saw no one but Southpaw... ??? Anybody get there a litte earlier maybe and see anyone else?

PorkChopExpress
05-13-2005, 12:14 PM
I swung by to pick up a little Burger King, and saw AJ and Jon. There was a big line, pretty nice to see. I was in line at BK and some putz gets in line behind and says "I'm the one who walks by and says go Cubs." He got some cold looks for that, pretty cool.

Rocky Soprano
05-13-2005, 12:19 PM
I just got back. Got there early so didnt have to wait too long. Nice to see a bunch of Sox fans there.

I said Congrats to Garland on his great start and told him I hope he keeps it up all year, he smiled and said thanks and I hope so too.

I told AJ how great it was to have him on the team and that I wished he would stay for more than a year, he said well we will see.

On the way out, I got stopped by some US Cellular Field reps and they gave me 2 vouchers for free upper deck tickets just because I was wearing Sox clothing.

:supernana:

ozzman
05-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I was there too. Had Farmer and Garland sign my drivers license as my witnesses for the organ donor program. Didn't say much to anyone, just congratulated Jon on his start and hopes he keeps it up. good turnout. I got there early so I didn't have to wait in line, but the line ended up winding around the entire concourse level.

tebman
05-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I just got back. Got there early so didnt have to wait too long. Nice to see a bunch of Sox fans there.

I said Congrats to Garland on his great start and told him I hope he keeps it up all year, he smiled and said thanks and I hope so too.

I told AJ how great it was to have him on the team and that I wished he would stay for more than a year, he said well we will see.

On the way out, I got stopped by some US Cellular Field reps and they gave me 2 vouchers for free upper deck tickets just because I was wearing Sox clothing.

:supernana:

I just got back from there too. I had one of the Sox wall calendars hanging at work, so I took it with me and got AJ's and JG's sigs on their respective pictures. Both were typically low-key, but I got to tell them too how much I appreciate what they've done this year.

Ahh, feels good. Being a Sox fan is like a fountain of youth.:sunshine:

Sad
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I was there too. Had Farmer and Garland sign my drivers license as my witnesses for the organ donor program. Didn't say much to anyone, just congratulated Jon on his start and hopes he keeps it up. good turnout. I got there early so I didn't have to wait in line, but the line ended up winding around the entire concourse level.

that's a cool idea...

maurice
05-13-2005, 01:02 PM
They did this a couple of years ago with Garland and Graffy, and the line was almost empty after 20 min. This time, there were so many people that they had to cut the line off at 12:30.

It's amazing what a 7-0 start can do. :gulp:

HebrewHammer
05-14-2005, 01:41 AM
I went, it was pretty cool. AJ and Big Jon signed my hat, good guys for participating, but not exactly warm and fuzzy.

By far the best moment was Southpaw screwing with fans. One guy in line claimed to be a ScRubs fan, Southpaw observed this and started screwing with him immeadiately. The guy made a comment, something like "You should stop before you get hurt." Southpaw went into an "I'm scared" routine that was absolutely priceless. What made it better is that one of the guy's buddies snapped a picture.

joe_tansey2004
05-14-2005, 02:34 AM

Thats a pretty sweet idea. My buddy did something like this a few years back but not with a drivers license. He went to some record store downtown to meet Macho Man Randy Savage, for some WWF ticket sale. Instead of getting an autograph he had Macho Man do his voice mail message for his cell phone. That was classic. OOOH Yeah!!!