PDA

View Full Version : Sleeveless home jerseys

ChiSoxRowand
05-11-2005, 11:52 PM
Have the Sox worn the sleeveless home jerseys yet? I don't think they have. I was wondering when they would wear them, the season is almost a month and a half old.

A.T. Money
05-11-2005, 11:53 PM
My signature says it all. I've been keeping count.

About 50% of our games have been black jerseys. I'm tired of those BTW. It's like softball uniforms when they wear em.

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 12:01 AM
Have the Sox worn the sleeveless home jerseys yet? I don't think they have. I was wondering when they would wear them, the season is almost a month and a half old.

They never wear them this early in the season, at least that I can recall. Wait til it warms up, they'll be wearing them a lot. I kinda wish we'd get rid of them because it would increase the appeal of the other get-ups. Too many uniform options can be a bad thing. We got the white tops, the grey tops and the alternate blacks. I don't think we need a fourth.

illinibk
05-12-2005, 12:04 AM

About 50% of our games have been black jerseys. I'm tired of those BTW. It's like softball uniforms when they wear em.
I am tired of the whole alternate jersey thing, not only with the Sox, but across all of baseball, and basketball. What is wrong with home whites and road greys? I know the only reason the alternate jerseys are still around is because they are an additional revenue stream. But the idea is old and tired. Not to mention, some teams alternate jerseys are fugly (Reds, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets, Tigers, etc. etc.) For once, I would love it is baseball teams would follow the Yankees lead and only use the standard home and road jerseys.

Corlose 15
05-12-2005, 12:25 AM
The Tigers don't have any alternate jerseys.

Jurr
05-12-2005, 01:08 AM
The Sox black jersey is one of the greatest unis on earth. They look absolutely awesome in the alternate jersey. Plus, it's their streak unis. They go on streaks when they're wearing the black uniforms.

Are the vest unis really vest unis?? I can't remember. I thought they were just had black sleeves. I'm wrong probably, but I thought they were regular jerseys.

TheOldRoman
05-12-2005, 01:53 AM

I like the black jerseys, but I agree that we use them WAY too much. I personally love both the homer and road jerseys. The black ones are nice, but not AS nice in my opinion. The black jerseys are alternates, and should only be worn occasionally. If they wore the black only once or twice a week, I think they would be more powerful. Its cool seeing the Sox wearing black, but it gets old when they do it every game.

As for the home alt jerseys, no, we havent worn them yet. BTW, they arent sleeveless anymore. Since 2002, those jerseys have had attached black sleeves. I am a fan of sleeveless jerseys in general, but I dont like the new faux sleeveless look. They should be canned. I thought about it, and I would like to see the Sox replace those home alternates with ones resembling the Rangers' sleeveless alt jersey. Black piping around the buttons and sleeves, with either the SOX logo or the diamond-sock logo that is on the road and black sleeves, worn with a black undershirt, of course. That would be a nice look.

Edit: Here are a couple images of the jerseys I talked about. I think either on of these would be a big improvement over the current home alternate jersey, which is too much like the regular home jersey.

Jurr
05-12-2005, 01:54 AM
I like the black jerseys, but I agree that we use them WAY too much. I personally love both the homer and road jerseys. The black ones are nice, but not AS nice in my opinion. The black jerseys are alternates, and should only be worn occasionally. If they wore the black only once or twice a week, I think they would be more powerful. Its cool seeing the Sox wearing black, but it gets old when they do it every game.

As for the home alt jerseys, no, we havent worn them yet. BTW, they arent sleeveless anymore. Since 2002, those jerseys have had attached black sleeves. I am a fan of sleeveless jerseys in general, but I dont like the new faux sleeveless look. They should be canned. I thought about it, and I would like to see the Sox replace those home alternates with ones resembling the Rangers' sleeveless alt jersey. Black piping around the buttons and sleeves, with either the SOX logo or the diamond-sock logo that is on the road and black sleeves, worn with a black undershirt, of course. That would be a nice look.
I knew it!

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 04:43 AM

Edit: Here are a couple images of the jerseys I talked about. I think either on of these would be a big improvement over the current home alternate jersey, which is too much like the regular home jersey.

I love the piping idea because it would get us away from the Yankee look. But the diamond sock on the chest does not work. That along with the Rangers big "T" over the heart and the Indians chief Wahoo sleeveless tops belong in the garbage heap.

Realist
05-12-2005, 07:39 AM
I LOVE the white pin striped vests with the black undershirt. It's by far my favorite of the Sox jerseys. I'm really surprised that style hasn't gotten more support on this thread.
:?:

SSN721
05-12-2005, 07:49 AM
I really dislike the vest look. For some reason it seems to work for the Reds, Pirates, and actually Royals. But the rest of the Sox jerseys are so great, I dont see a reason to wear the vest. I still wish we would just incorporate a city of Chicago flag patch into our unis.

HomeFish
05-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Loaiza was a big proponent of the vest jersey, and now he's gone. And we also have el duque now, apparently he's a big fan of the black jersey.

nccwsfan
05-12-2005, 10:59 AM
I am tired of the whole alternate jersey thing, not only with the Sox, but across all of baseball, and basketball. What is wrong with home whites and road greys? I know the only reason the alternate jerseys are still around is because they are an additional revenue stream. But the idea is old and tired. Not to mention, some teams alternate jerseys are fugly (Reds, Red Sox, Cubs, Mets, Tigers, etc. etc.) For once, I would love it is baseball teams would follow the Yankees lead and only use the standard home and road jerseys.

I second that! It's ridiculous for some of these teams to have 5 different jerseys and 3 different hats. We know the motive ($$$) but that doesn't make it right....the Mets look is a joke and Colorado is just as bad.

Home/Road/Alternate jersey
Home/Road cap

Anything more than that is overkill...

Malgar 12
05-12-2005, 11:39 AM
I like the sleeveless Sox jerseys. Its a nice subtle change. If you want to talke ugly. The Braves alternate Deep Red "Sunday" Jerseys are the worst! It makes me shudder just talking about them.:o:

LVSoxFan
05-12-2005, 12:46 PM
You guys are nuts. The black jerseys rule.

In a league where many teams are draped in garish colors, how can you not love the starkness of the Sox' black, white and gray?

I like ALL the uniforms--and I have all the jerseys. The sleeveless ones are great, as are the home whites and the black one.

Of course it's money you guys--the more variations they have, the more people like me will want to buy them (although I have pretty much drawn the line). I was at the Cubs game last week (for work! Shut up!) and I couldn't believe how many different variations of Cubs jerseys I saw people wearing--they must be raking it in on merchandise sales.

The one thing nobody's mentioned--about the preponderance of black this season so far... is superstition. Maybe that's playing into it somewhat? Because yes I did notice how lopsided the black jerseys were so far--never seen them that often.

GregoryEtc
05-12-2005, 01:22 PM
I like the sleeveless Sox jerseys. Its a nice subtle change. If you want to talke ugly. The Braves alternate Deep Red "Sunday" Jerseys are the worst! It makes me shudder just talking about them.:o:

They're reminiscent of those red tops and bottoms that the Jndians wore in the 70s. Yikes.

I'm a fan of the sleeveless home tops. I agree that the black ones have been a bit overused this year but they seem to be working... :cool:

GregoryEtc
05-12-2005, 01:24 PM

It would be extra awesome if your sig included their record in each uniform (just a suggestion). :smile:

Realist
05-12-2005, 01:34 PM
The one thing nobody's mentioned--about the preponderance of black this season so far... is superstition. Maybe that's playing into it somewhat? Because yes I did notice how lopsided the black jerseys were so far--never seen them that often.

I believe the starting pitcher decides which uniforms are to be warn during home games. I imagine they probably might have some say in which are warn in road games too. Anybody know for sure?

illinibk
05-12-2005, 02:24 PM
The Tigers don't have any alternate jerseys.
I can swear that I have seen them before, but that might have beena a spring training game or something where the jersey was Navy and it said either Detroit or Tigers in script across the chest. Maybe it was just a really bad dream since it seems every team has alternates that are fugly (except for the Sox).

jdm2662
05-12-2005, 02:25 PM
I personally could care less what they wear. They can wear shorts and a tank top for all I care if it means victories...
________
ST series (minibike) (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_ST_series_(minibike))