PDA

View Full Version : Is tomorrow's game sold out?

Muopsies
05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
The news last night said it was.

BRDSR
05-11-2005, 08:30 PM
The news last night said it was.

I tried to check by searching for four tickets on ticket master and actually came up with some seats down the 1st base line in the 2nd row. Probably something sold back or something, I'm not sure.

Also check Saturday's game for four tickets and couldn't get anythign closer than 513 row 10. I think it's going to be four games between 28 and 35,000. Should be fun.

kevingrt
05-11-2005, 08:33 PM
I don't think any of the games are completely sold out. Saturday will probably be the closest to a sell out, but if you are really risky you could probably go down any four days and purchase two tickets. Up to you though, should be tons of fun though!

Blueprint1
05-11-2005, 08:35 PM
I bought tickets to tomorrows game yesterday. Nice tickets behind homplate but they were season tickets that were sold back.

soxwon
05-11-2005, 08:52 PM
I tried to check by searching for four tickets on ticket master and actually came up with some seats down the 1st base line in the 2nd row. Probably something sold back or something, I'm not sure.

Also check Saturday's game for four tickets and couldn't get anythign closer than 513 row 10. I think it's going to be four games between 28 and 35,000. Should be fun.

i just went in at 8:45 tonight
thu- 2 tix sec 148 row 15
thu- 4 tix sec 150 row 10

fri- 2 tix sec 318 row 2
fri- 4 tix sec 346 row 3

sat- 2 tix sec 153 row 1
sat- 4 tix sec 158 row 14

sun- 2 tix sec 111 row 7
sun- 4 tix sec 153 row 8

all these seats are great!!!!

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
I bought tickets to tomorrows game yesterday. Nice tickets behind homplate but they were season tickets that were sold back.Sold back? AFAIK, you can't sell back season tickets. They do hold back seats in those sections for player requests and other VIP's. Those that aren't used go on sale on the day of the game, or apparently, a day before.

Ditka311
05-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I picked up some vouchers today and made my way to the box office around noon. Got Sec 117 Row6, seats 1-4 (aisle).

Got my tix for Monday while i was there too. Cheap tickets but I know I am going to spend a lot of dough. (which is exactly their plan!)

ChiSoxRowand
05-11-2005, 10:49 PM
I was just gonna ask the same question. My and a couple of friends were thinking of going tomorrow. My friend said he heard on the radio that they already sold 30,000 tickets. I still think you will be able to get 3 upper deck tickets.

BRDSR
05-11-2005, 11:06 PM
Sold back? AFAIK, you can't sell back season tickets. They do hold back seats in those sections for player requests and other VIP's. Those that aren't used go on sale on the day of the game, or apparently, a day before.

I haven't done this, but the way I understand, I can send the White Sox my season tickets anytime with a request for free upper deck tickets or half off lower deck tickets. I plan to do this for the Boston series for which I'll be on vacation. My guess is that those tickets go right back into the pool of tickets that can be bought. Not sure though, I'll ask my rep when I talk to him.

Rocklive99
05-12-2005, 12:21 AM
I remember when I got mine (teacher's discount), someone in the thread said the best available they got was upper deck, and then a week later I had lower deck Row 6, I guess they release some late or something. I remember a couple years ago, a series against the Scrubs (when anyone could buy the tix), I checked again a week or two before the series (supposedly sold out) and got great seats off TM, was even on TV, it was a great game (*we're happy for you*)

jabrch
05-12-2005, 12:22 AM
I haven't done this, but the way I understand, I can send the White Sox my season tickets anytime with a request for free upper deck tickets or half off lower deck tickets. I plan to do this for the Boston series for which I'll be on vacation. My guess is that those tickets go right back into the pool of tickets that can be bought. Not sure though, I'll ask my rep when I talk to him.

You should be able to put your Boston tickets on stubhub and get face value for them if you care to...

Sox of White
05-12-2005, 12:29 AM

Yeah, I checked a couple weeks ago for tickets, and only thing I could find was upper deck, but I checked yesterday and found lower box, and even better! So, there must be sell backs or something like that.

doogiec
05-12-2005, 06:29 AM

You can only do that after the game has been played. The Sox don't resell those tickets. I'm not sure why that rule exists, but I've tried to trade in future dates I knew I couldn't make and was told to wait until after the game is played.

Hitmen77
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I was just gonna ask the same question. My and a couple of friends were thinking of going tomorrow. My friend said he heard on the radio that they already sold 30,000 tickets. I still think you will be able to get 3 upper deck tickets.

And yet Ron Rapoport in the Sun-Times says today "Plenty of good seats still available for the Orioles and the Rangers: Yo, White Sox fans. You are following the standings, right?"

So, what's the story?

Cellview22
05-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Yo, Ron Rapoport! You are following the weather forecasts, right?

It's too bad the weather stinks for this whole weekend. It'll keep alot of people from going. As of yesterday, 26K were sold for Thursday, 25K for Friday, 31K for Saturday, and 25K for Sunday...probably alot more today. If the weather was nice, I would've predicted huge walkups and over 33K for each game. I wonder how many Cubs fans will be noshows. Probably a majority...which is a good thing. :cool:

voodoochile
05-12-2005, 09:00 AM
A couple of sellouts this weekend would be great for the Sox. Nothing like turning some people away to make them realize they have to plan ahead to get tickets. Scarcity drives demand. It's that simple.

Hitmen77
05-12-2005, 09:13 AM

It's too bad the weather stinks for this whole weekend. It'll keep alot of people from going. As of yesterday, 26K were sold for Thursday, 25K for Friday, 31K for Saturday, and 25K for Sunday...probably alot more today. If the weather was nice, I would've predicted huge walkups and over 33K for each game. I wonder how many Cubs fans will be noshows. Probably a majority...which is a good thing. :cool:

In the same article, Rapoport says this: "If there is one downside to the Orioles' hot start, it's at the gate. Already this season, they have drawn their three smallest crowds since moving to Camden Yards and club officials say the presence of the Nationals is costing them five to six thousand fans a night."

So, let me get this straight, the Oriole fans - whose team is in 1st place over the Yanks and Red Sox, play in Camden Yards, and have attendance-draw Sosa - are excused for low attendance because of the presence of a team 40 miles away? But the Sox fans - who share the SAME CITY with an over-the-top hype machine called the Cubs - get a "yo, where are you?" when they draw only 30k on a Thursday night that will have temps in the 30s? :kukoo: Sure, makes perfect sense to me!

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 09:19 AM
I bought tickets to tomorrows game yesterday. Nice tickets behind homplate but they were season tickets that were sold back.
they are not "sold back"...they are held for st packages and vips.....when not used, they are released into regular ticket pool...
Gene

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 09:22 AM
In the same article, Rapoport says this: "If there is one downside to the Orioles' hot start, it's at the gate. Already this season, they have drawn their three smallest crowds since moving to Camden Yards and club officials say the presence of the Nationals is costing them five to six thousand fans a night."

So, let me get this straight, the Oriole fans - whose team is in 1st place over the Yanks and Red Sox, play in Camden Yards, and have attendance-draw Sosa - are excused for low attendance because of the presence of a team 40 miles away? But the Sox fans - who share the SAME CITY with an over-the-top hype machine called the Cubs - get a "yo, where are you?" when they draw only 30k on a Thursday night that will have temps in the 30s? :kukoo: Sure, makes perfect sense to me!the orioles are using the nationals as an excuse to get more money from darth selig....
Gene

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 09:24 AM
I haven't done this, but the way I understand, I can send the White Sox my season tickets anytime with a request for free upper deck tickets or half off lower deck tickets. I plan to do this for the Boston series for which I'll be on vacation. My guess is that those tickets go right back into the pool of tickets that can be bought. Not sure though, I'll ask my rep when I talk to him.exchage tickets are for games already played.....you're better off selling your tickets for the boston series.....

Gene

ewokpelts
05-12-2005, 09:25 AM

It's too bad the weather stinks for this whole weekend. It'll keep alot of people from going. As of yesterday, 26K were sold for Thursday, 25K for Friday, 31K for Saturday, and 25K for Sunday...probably alot more today. If the weather was nice, I would've predicted huge walkups and over 33K for each game. I wonder how many Cubs fans will be noshows. Probably a majority...which is a good thing. :cool: for those that didnt buy tix yet...BUYER'S MARKET!
Gene

batmanZoSo
05-12-2005, 08:17 PM
The damn weather blew it for this series. It's not brutal, but it's pretty chilly at night. I think it might be 70 one of the days, but 50 the rest. It's still a very solid crowd tonight, the lower deck is about full and the the upper deck is pretty full behind the infield.

Hitmen77
05-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Any word on the number of tickets sold so far for tonight's (Friday's) game?

ChiSoxGirl
05-13-2005, 01:54 PM
Any word on the number of tickets sold so far for tonight's (Friday's) game?

From what Rooney said on Wednesday afternoon's broadcast, there were 110,000+ tickets pre-sold for the series, 27,000 of which were for tonight's game. Though I'd be willing to bet that number has since increased after last night's awesome game! :bandance:

daveeym
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
The news last night said it was. See now the media is trying to hurt attendance by telling us the games are sold out when they're not so people won't go after tickets. (Semi-Teal?)

maurice
05-13-2005, 02:46 PM
It's not unusual for fairly large blocks of very good tix to be released from group sales within 48-hours of game time. I got very good seats this way many times.