PDA

View Full Version : How many Sox pitchers...

mike squires
05-11-2005, 04:24 PM
In the all star game this year? You figure if Hermanson keeps it up, Garland, Mark...I hate to jinx them but you gotta figure all three will be there if they keep it up.

MIgrenade
05-11-2005, 04:27 PM
Well Torre won't be there to take his own guys so that might help. Don't get your hopes too high though. Not that they aren't deserving but the general public doesn't vote for White Sox.

santo=dorf
05-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Well Torre won't be there to take his own guys so that might help. Don't get your hopes too high though. Not that they aren't deserving but the general public doesn't vote for White Sox.

True, but you better believe that Francona and the rest of Red Sox nation will be stuffing the boxes for chumps like Millar, Bellhorn, and Renteria.

Jurr
05-11-2005, 05:16 PM
You're looking at Garland and Buehrle. Hermanson won't get a sniff unless he has a great run until the All-Star break. It's just hard to get an invite to the All-Star game when you became the man a month or so into the season.

The media and players are taking notice of Buehrle and Garland. If they keep up the good work, they'll both get invites. Hell, El Duque might get the nod as well, if he keeps it up and one of the other two slip.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2005, 05:22 PM
Well Torre won't be there to take his own guys so that might help. Don't get your hopes too high though. Not that they aren't deserving but the general public doesn't vote for White Sox.The public doesn't vote on pitchers. They're all selected by the managers. Right now there are any number of Sox pitchers who would might be selected: Garland and Hermanson would be locks if they selected today. But they don't select today. A lot can happen between now and then.

chaerulez
05-11-2005, 05:39 PM
True, but you better believe that Francona and the rest of Red Sox nation will be stuffing the boxes for chumps like Millar, Bellhorn, and Renteria.

If Mark "I hit .230 and strike out almost as much" Bellhorn goes to an all star game, I think every fan should boycott baseball.

downstairs
05-11-2005, 05:45 PM
If they keep this up, I'd take:

Buehrle
Contreras
Garcia
Garland
Hernandez
Hermanson
Politte

But, then, I'm silly.

balke
05-11-2005, 05:50 PM
If they keep this up, I'd take:

Buehrle
Contreras
Garcia
Garland
Hernandez
Hermanson
Politte

But, then, I'm silly.

Hey, who do you think we are taking 6 players to the all star game (I know you listed 7 wait for my joke) The Yankees? Remember how Cleveland had 4 last season? LMAO! Remember how Giambi went last year over Paulie? UGH! THat's when you should boycott the All-Star game.

Dolanski
05-11-2005, 06:03 PM
Iguchi shouldn't have a hard time getting elected. He's having a solid year and he's Japanese, so he has a whole country full of voters. My guess is it will be Iguchi, Garland (if he keeps it up) and Buerhle.

MIgrenade
05-11-2005, 06:08 PM
The public doesn't vote on pitchers. They're all selected by the managers. Right now there are any number of Sox pitchers who would might be selected: Garland and Hermanson would be locks if they selected today. But they don't select today. A lot can happen between now and then.

Ah touche