PDA

View Full Version : international sox fans

chisox
05-11-2005, 02:32 PM
i'm currently studying law in buenos aires (i finally registered for this site so i could stay informed down here in the southern hemisphere).

as i've been traveling through south america i'm amazed at how many sox hats i've seen. i can honestly say that i've seen more sox hats than yankees, or any other baseball team for that matter.
i just thought that it was representative of the sox following in the states, at school in new york i never saw sox hats. peru, bolivia, chile, they're all wearing sox hats!
obviously, the majority of the people i see don't even know who the sox are, but whenever i see the pale hose on a cap i can't help but smile.

daveeym
05-11-2005, 05:31 PM
i'm currently studying law in buenos aires (i finally registered for this site so i could stay informed down here in the southern hemisphere).

as i've been traveling through south america i'm amazed at how many sox hats i've seen. i can honestly say that i've seen more sox hats than yankees, or any other baseball team for that matter.
i just thought that it was representative of the sox following in the states, at school in new york i never saw sox hats. peru, bolivia, chile, they're all wearing sox hats!
obviously, the majority of the people i see don't even know who the sox are, but whenever i see the pale hose on a cap i can't help but smile. It's all the unsold caps from up here given away down there.

Shoeless Joe
05-11-2005, 05:34 PM

obviously, the majority of the people i see don't even know who the sox are, but whenever i see the pale hose on a cap i can't help but smile.

Well we do have one of the coolest looking hats...:cool:

Infallible
05-11-2005, 06:11 PM
when I was stationed in Germany I still followed the Sox as much as I could, until that 1 year deployment to the big sandbox......where I lost touch with the outside world......and thought I was I was the lizard king reincarnate....

Ron Karkovice
05-11-2005, 06:37 PM
my only guess is these dudes are somehow seeing old dr. dre videos

ilsox7
05-11-2005, 06:38 PM
Having Ozzie as our manager helps. And Magglio is big down there and was with the Sox for a long time.