1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
SS Uribe
3B Crede
LF Ozuna

DaleJRFan
05-11-2005, 01:49 PM
exactly where ARow should be hitting. Good to see Ozuna back in the lineup.

shaunburnette
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
exactly where ARow should be hitting. Good to see Ozuna back in the lineup.

agreed. i think it will light a fire under him and get him going.

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
RF Perez
2B Iguchi
CF Rowand
1B Konerko
DH Dye
C Pierzynski
SS Uribe
3B Crede
LF Ozuna

Let's hope it works. It smells a bit like a Jerry Manuel getaway day special with two backups starting in the outfield. OTOH, it's interesting to see Rowand batting third. Perhaps with a legitimate power threat behind him, Rowand will see some good pitches and drive in some runs. I'd like it more if Podsednik was leading off.

DaveIsHere
05-11-2005, 01:53 PM
I thought I heard Uribe was batting third, huh guess i was wrong

mweflen
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
they ought to bat ARow and Uribe 3 and 4, the way Dye and K-onerko are hitting.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Let's hope it works. It smells a bit like a Jerry Manuel getaway day special with two backups starting in the outfield. OTOH, it's interesting to see Rowand batting third. Perhaps with a legitimate power threat behind him, Rowand will see some good pitches and drive in some runs. I'd like it more if Podsednik was leading off.It's a LOT like a JM getaway day special. But JM didn't have a patent on that. Other teams do it, too. What I don't understand is having the two best LH bats on the bench against a RHP who's been struggling with control.

mweflen
05-11-2005, 02:11 PM
What I don't understand is having the two best LH bats on the bench against a RHP who's been struggling with control.

Megadittos there. It's Timo-riffic!

LauraJ14
05-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I heard Ozzie on the pregame show say that Scott P was not feeling well today, thats why he is not playing.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
I heard Ozzie on the pregame show say that Scott P was not feeling well today, thats why he is not playing.After last night, none of us are feeling well. Suck it up, Scotty!

batmanZoSo
05-11-2005, 02:15 PM
It's a LOT like a JM getaway day special. But JM didn't have a patent on that. Other teams do it, too. What I don't understand is having the two best LH bats on the bench against a RHP who's been struggling with control.

I don't understand throwing a B lineup out there when you're trying to avoid a sweep.

kittle42
05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
I don't understand throwing a B lineup out there when you're trying to avoid a sweep.

Rooney just said: Pods out with stomach problem; Carl has cramps in his leg.

Ol' No. 2
05-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I don't understand throwing a B lineup out there when you're trying to avoid a sweep.Do you know the difference between a sweep and just losing 2 out of 3? One game. The same as the difference between winning 2 out of 3 and winning 1 out of 3. It's just the same as any other game. With no off-days for another week, he needs to get his starters some rest.

mweflen
05-11-2005, 02:20 PM
Turns out Pods has flu-like symptoms, per Rooney on 1000.

I'd prefer Willie in the lineup to Perez. I can't believe I just typed that.

maurice
05-11-2005, 04:20 PM
I'd prefer Willie in the lineup to Perez.

I agree. In today's papers, KW admitted that the Sox acquired Perez to make Uribe more comfortable and help him realize his potential. Mission accomplished. Now go far, far away, Timo.

kevingrt
05-11-2005, 04:25 PM
Very interesting line up I have no problems with it either, we are winning.

I do like Rowand in the three hole too. Should give him some fire and maybe a couple hits.

Good tinkering, wait did I just say that, I thought the tinker left?