PDA

View Full Version : El Duque as the Stopper

BRDSR
05-11-2005, 01:18 PM
When we picked up El Duque WSI was very excited about El Duque's ability to step up for the big games. I think this afternoons game with the DRays is one of them.

I don't think anyone would have thought that a mid-May game with the Devil Rays would be big, but I think its important for the Sox to win it. Going into a four game series with the second best team in the league, you don't want to get swept by the worst. I think the team, like us, know that they're good but are wondering if they're record is exagerating their talent slightly. Getting swept by the Devil Rays wouldn't help.

I want to see(or rather, want to see the replay as I'll be taking a final on American Literature at the time) El Duque bring his solid A game. None of these two hit, three hit innings where he has to get the last two outs and we all breathe a sigh of relief. I just want to see the White Sox dominate today, and if they do it'll be a great thing. I saw a stat where El Duque's ERA is 2.92 and Brazelton's is 6.03. That seems good until you see that El Duque's OBA is .288 and Brazelton's is .282. That OBA is way to high for that ERA, and sooner or later they're going to come into harmony, hopefully for the better.

Lets go El Duque! Go Sox!

SOXSINCE'70
05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
He did it time and again for the Yankmees.
Time to do it for the Sox!!! And please,dear God,
limit the walks.I fell asleep twice last night with the
9 walks.You should lose when your staff walks 9.:angry: :angry:

CHISOXFAN13
05-11-2005, 01:24 PM
He did it time and again for the Yankmees.
Time to do it for the Sox!!! And please,dear God,
limit the walks.I fell asleep twice last night with the
9 walks.You should lose when your staff walks 9.:angry: :angry:

Brazelton loves to nibble with the zone and is among the league leaduers in walks, so I see the tables being turned today.

balke
05-11-2005, 01:37 PM
I'm very glad this is El Duque going tonight, and not Garland. I get the sick feeling the poor pitching would be infectious if it were Jon going tonight El Duque is someone who makes a good stopper. He's tough on the mound, and will do whatever it takes to dominate these young batters. Hopefully he gets the bat support he needs.

mweflen
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
Duque as stopper is why I made him my pick tonight. Did anyone read the story in the trib today about him?

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-050510rogers,1,302627.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility

In an April start in Cleveland, Hernandez and Indians catcher Victor Martinez exchanged words, with Hernandez screaming at him from the mound. He stormed off the field after the inning and screamed he just needed the White Sox to score one run, breaking a tie, and that it would be "my game."

That's the kind of fire we need to wake up the (dare I say) corpse-like Sox of the past 2 games!