PDA

View Full Version : No Sosa

I want Mags back
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
If u have tiks to the o's series are u upset that sosa isnt playing, and we cant boo him

CHISOXFAN13
05-11-2005, 11:17 AM
If u have tiks to the o's series are u upset that sosa isnt playing, and we cant boo him

Nope. My mindset is Im getting a chance to see the Sox play the team with the second best record in the AL. I could care less who suits up for Baltimore.

SoxFan78
05-11-2005, 11:18 AM

True Sox fans probably won't care because we are excited the Sox are playing the 2nd best team in the AL. Who cares if Sosa won't be there.

tschneid83
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
i want him there so that we dont hear any excuses, like we were missing sosa so that is why we lost, cause im thinking we are bringing the brooms out against the O's.

SWEEP

BRDSR
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM

I was looking forward to doing a little heckling, but I'm sure his replacement won't be as good, and we'll have a better shot at winning the series. However, I am a little worried about sitting in right field with my little sister. The fans were gonna be rowdy out there anyway, but when hey don't have their player to heckle, they may be even rowdier. We'll see. My sister hasn't been to a game in half a decade so I hope its not a bad experience.

Palehose13
05-11-2005, 11:21 AM

No. I can only imagine the media reaction if we booed Sosa mercilessly when he came to our park. However, I am having fun imagining all the money the Sox made in ticket sales from Flub fans that wanted to come and boo Sosa. :D:

Sad
05-11-2005, 11:21 AM
not disappointed... but not surprised either

looking forward to seeing a matchup of 2 first place clubs :smile:

Tekijawa
05-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Not upset, but I'm supprised that he isn't traveling with the team... I thought he'd come back to ham it up with the media here?!?!?!

Johnny Mostil
05-11-2005, 11:49 AM
i want him there so that we dont hear any excuses, like we were missing sosa so that is why we lost

Yup. I always want to see the best a team has. If Sosa is part of it, then I want to see him.

maurice
05-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I'm glad he's out. One less distraction for the media to use to downplay our record. Plus, maybe some of the idiot cub fans who already bought tix to boo Sosa will stay home. I bought LF tix to avoid them.

soxfan26
05-11-2005, 12:12 PM
No. I can only imagine the media reaction if we booed Sosa mercilessly when he came to our park. However, I am having fun imagining all the money the Sox made in ticket sales from Flub fans that wanted to come and boo Sosa. :D:

That was my first thought as well. Maybe if we send Brooks an e-mail we can get a Sammy look alike to wander around the park!

jdm2662
05-11-2005, 12:21 PM
It's not a bad thing that he's not playing. The reasons where already mentioned. It will make things a little easier on the White Sox, and the media circus/Cubbie fest, etc won't be present. It doesn't matter if such people that bought tickets to the game won't show. It will still show in the attendance... Besides, you know the media is going to say because the Cubbie fans came to see Sosa is why they got a good crowd...
________
VERMONT MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES (http://vermont.dispensaries.org/)

Dolly
05-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that his timing with this supposed "injury" is a little too coincidental? He wanted to avoid coming to Chicago, now that he's hated by both sides of town. His fragile little ago couldn't handle it. BOO-HOO!!!!

I want Mags back
05-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Damn. If he was there, he would of overthrown the cut off on Tadahitos triple and he would have score