PDA

View Full Version : worst stadiums

wsbaseball9
05-11-2005, 09:17 AM
pretty strait forward...whats the worst stadium in the mlb?

The Racehorse
05-11-2005, 09:21 AM
The Humpty Dump is nothing more than an over-sized rec-room... why the national media types don't continually crack on the Twins for that is beyond me.

rdwj
05-11-2005, 09:29 AM
Can't get worse than the Dome

jdm2662
05-11-2005, 09:44 AM
I voted for the Hump Dome. I was there in '92, and that place is down right awful.
________
Blowjob vids (http://www.****tube.com/categories/13/blowjob/videos/1)

nasox
05-11-2005, 10:03 AM
NO matter how crappy the urinal is, it still is cool to see a stadium that old being used today. No matter how much I hate the cubs, I will always think highly of the Urinal. Not well of the fans there, or the cubs, but Wrigley is cool, as far as a baseball landmark is concerned. Don't get me wrong, it sucks to see a game there due to smell, small seats, bad food, the fact that you're surrounded by the Johnson's from Iowa and a frat boys, and cub fans, but it's sweet to see a stadium that old, imagine what it used to look like many years ago.

Therefore, you thread sucks, because of the stupid choices in your poll.

SSN721
05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
The Big O doesnt get a vote?

maurice
05-11-2005, 12:01 PM
The Urinal blows, but the Hump is even worse. At least the Urinal was designed for baseball.

CHISOXFAN13
05-11-2005, 12:08 PM
The Urinal blows, but the Hump is even worse. At least the Urinal was designed for baseball.

I just got back from Tampa and have been to games at the Hump Dome as well.

Tropicana Field is worse. Maybe it was the atmosphere, but any buidling that has four rings hanging from the roof that are in play, is unacceptable.

Those are the two worst stadiums hands down. Anybody voting for Wrigley hasn't been to games at these two debacles.

Palehose13
05-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I just got back from Tampa and have been to games at the Hump Dome as well.

Tropicana Field is worse. Maybe it was the atmosphere, but any buidling that has four rings hanging from the roof that are in play, is unacceptable.

Those are the two worst stadiums hands down. Anybody voting for Wrigley hasn't been to games at these two debacles.

Agreed. I've never been to the Hump, but I have been to Wrigley and was at Tropicana last year. The two domes have to be worse than Wrigley.

For me the worst part was that when I walked in, I felt like I was at a hockey game.

kittle42
05-11-2005, 01:51 PM
Anyone who actually votes for Wrigley as *the* worst stadium is ridiculous.

Hangar18
05-11-2005, 02:17 PM
The Upper Deck is the only redeeming quality of The Urinal. Its still close
enough to the field to see everything. It still doesnt pass the overall
comfortableness factor for me. Everything is a hassle in that place,
from the Poor Quality of Food (everything is bad), to the warm beer, to the poor sightlines, to the lack of facilities bathroom and food, to the bad smell
that permeates the place after the 3rd inning. The Fans certainly do NOTHING
to help the atmosphere. For a party atmosphere, sure its a great place.
To see a ballgame ....... awful. People in the way, puking, not paying attention to the game or surroundings, cell-phone talking, numerous conversations going on in front of, next to, and behind you and having nothing
to do with the baseball game (guy behind me talking about how their party after a league softball game would be great, some of the girls chiming in with suggestions, definitely interesting, but not at a ballgame)

CHISOXFAN13
05-11-2005, 02:23 PM
The Upper Deck is the only redeeming quality of The Urinal. Its still close
enough to the field to see everything. It still doesnt pass the overall
comfortableness factor for me. Everything is a hassle in that place,
from the Poor Quality of Food (everything is bad), to the warm beer, to the poor sightlines, to the lack of facilities bathroom and food, to the bad smell
that permeates the place after the 3rd inning. The Fans certainly do NOTHING
to help the atmosphere. For a party atmosphere, sure its a great place.
To see a ballgame ....... awful. People in the way, puking, not paying attention to the game or surroundings, cell-phone talking, numerous conversations going on in front of, next to, and behind you and having nothing
to do with the baseball game (guy behind me talking about how their party after a league softball game would be great, some of the girls chiming in with suggestions, definitely interesting, but not at a ballgame)

Well if Wrigley has one redeeming quality, that's one more than the aforementioned domes.

Rooney and Farmer are currently ripping on the Trop.

Tekijawa
05-11-2005, 05:40 PM
It mkes me want to puke every time I flash back to the game I saw In Minnesota... I hope there is no other place on earth where they play baseball in a place like that!!!

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Definitely Tropicana Field. Although, I may be a bit biased because we drove about 2000 miles there and back in 2003 to see Billy Koch blow a game in the 9th....:angry:

Palehose13
05-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Definitely Tropicana Field. Although, I may be a bit biased because we drove about 2000 miles there and back in 2003 to see Billy Koch blow a game in the 9th....:angry:

The infamous July 4th game by chance?

ChiWhiteSox1337
05-11-2005, 05:59 PM
The infamous July 4th game by chance?
Yep...my dad took the week off for vacation and we didn't know where to go. We decided to take a roadtrip to see the sox because we were so excited over the acquistions of Everett and Alomar. We also saw the Tigers beat Loaiza 1-0 in Detroit that week..:whiner:

ilsox7
05-11-2005, 06:01 PM
It's not the worst, but Miller Park in Milwaukee was designed horribly.

bridgeportcopper
05-11-2005, 06:55 PM
I honestly think Miller Park is the best I've been to - Now Fenway absolutely sucks! Every seat on lower level is a "box" seat - way overpriced, terrible sightlines, not enough facilities and to top it off, their fenway frank is a hot dog but with not a bun but a folded piece of bread.....Yuck!

ilsox7
05-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I honestly think Miller Park is the best I've been to - Now Fenway absolutely sucks! Every seat on lower level is a "box" seat - way overpriced, terrible sightlines, not enough facilities and to top it off, their fenway frank is a hot dog but with not a bun but a folded piece of bread.....Yuck!

Miller is easily the worst of the new stadiums I have been to. I sat a few rows up on the cut of the infield grass on the 3rd base side and my seat faced directly towards right field. Absolutely horrid. Sad thing is, those were actually Miller Brewing Company seats too.

nasox
05-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Miller is easily the worst of the new stadiums I have been to. I sat a few rows up on the cut of the infield grass on the 3rd base side and my seat faced directly towards right field. Absolutely horrid. Sad thing is, those were actually Miller Brewing Company seats too.

I would say that many new stadiums are grossly overrated. Like Coors Field.

I vote for the trop. Its ceiling is too damn low. Balls can hit off its roof and still be in play. That in itself makes it worse the the doggybag up in twinkytown.

Irishsox1
05-11-2005, 07:52 PM
My top five worst:

1. Tropacana - Nasty dome in Florida with astroturf and beams in play.
2. Hump Dome - Nasty dome with white roof and astroturf.
3. Sky Dome - Nasty retractable dome with astroturf and in canada.
4. Miller Park - Retactable roof with almost every homerun hitting a beam and bounching back on the field. At least they have grass.
5. Busch - Ugly from the outside, better with grass, but you might as well be in the old Vet, three rivers or Cinci. This is it's last year, so goodbye!

As for Wrigley, it has worts, but its a great place to see a Sox game. I like the feel of the place. You can take the bandwagon fans and send them back to Iowa, but I enjoy going to games there.

As for the Cell, I've never really warmed up to it, but I like watching games there, it has great sight lines. As for the exterior, it would be nice if every piece of gray concrete was covered with brick. That would make the exterior look nice and warm.

TomC727
05-11-2005, 08:12 PM

I did.
Wrigley Sucks. It is a giant bar with grass in the middle. Seats suck, fans suck, you can't even keep score because the team is stuck in 1908, it's time to update the wooden manual scoreboard. Seriously, it is 2005, even fenway (which I have been to) has an electric scoreboard. The view sucks. And by the way, I have been to the baggy dome it is by far a lot better than the urinal.

ilsox7
05-11-2005, 08:34 PM
I would say that many new stadiums are grossly overrated. Like Coors Field.

I think Coors is easily one of the nicest. I've been there several times and each time really enjoyed all aspects of the park, from food to seating. Pac Bell is still the best though.

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2005, 09:25 PM
I voted for the Urinal. I've never been to the Trop or the Hump, but they have to be better than the Urinal's food, restroom situation, lines, fans, etc. Heck, roadside gas station bathrooms are cleaner than the Urinal (and they usually don't need netting to avoid crumbling...)

C-Dawg
05-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Outside, the Twinkdome is an eyesore and inside it seems too much like it should be a hockey rink. I really appreciated the open, airy concourse we have at the Cell when I saw how you have to go through a narrow little doorway to gain access to the long stairway down to my seats at the Dome. There is no way to see anything of the field if you get up and go out for some food there. And the whole right-field wall is ugly; nothing but folded-up seats like its a high-school gymnasium.

I don't particularly like Wrigley but that has more to do with their annoying fans, and the tiny, narrow seats they have there than anything else.

Sox Blue 69-70
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
Has to be the Twinkie Dome. The Sox only come here a couple times a season, but I have to look at the thing every day sitting at my desk!

I remember reading a quote about the time the thing was being built (Baseball Hall of Shame book?), when one of the planners involved flatly stated that basically the idea was to get the public in to see the game, accomodate them while they're there, and get them out. That they accomplished, and little else.

wsbaseball9
05-12-2005, 09:14 AM
I did.
Wrigley Sucks. It is a giant bar with grass in the middle. Seats suck, fans suck, you can't even keep score because the team is stuck in 1908, it's time to update the wooden manual scoreboard. Seriously, it is 2005, even fenway (which I have been to) has an electric scoreboard. The view sucks. And by the way, I have been to the baggy dome it is by far a lot better than the urinal.

wheres the guy with the sig that quotes lance berkman saying how crappy wrigley is

bestkosher
05-12-2005, 09:48 AM
the other...choice Petco park in San diego is horrible. The seating anles are bad and the food is god awful. It is like they took sections from all the different newer ballparks slammed them toghter to make a frakenpark

nasox
05-12-2005, 10:28 AM
I think Coors is easily one of the nicest. I've been there several times and each time really enjoyed all aspects of the park, from food to seating. Pac Bell is still the best though.

Pac Bell is great in almost all areas. Remember, we're talking about the ballpark itself, not the experience, so fans on their cellphones yapping away doesn't make the ballpark crappy. Just the experience crappy.

THe problem with pac Bell is that the seating bowl is so friggin steep. YOu can really get vertigo there, especially due to the proximity of the park to the ocean. This is due to the confined space that the park is in. The seating isn't the best as far as how it angles to the infield, but it is acceptable.

Pac Bell was built with all private money, always a good thing.

Palehose13
05-12-2005, 10:35 AM
the other...choice Petco park in San diego is horrible. The seating anles are bad and the food is god awful. It is like they took sections from all the different newer ballparks slammed them toghter to make a frakenpark

I liked Petco park and thought it had a lot of character. The whole premise when building the park was to expand upon that bulding that along LF. They were able to get a permit to build a completely new facility in that distrcit, so they went around that and "expanded' that building by adding a ballpark to it. There is a lot of "standing room" areas including a floor of that building (I wish I coud remember what it was). There is also a city park that is adjacent to the back of the ballpark and it has a small ballfield. Sometimes the pitchers in the pen go out in the early innings of a game and play with the kids. So yeah..I kinda liked it. :cool:

Sox-on-TV44
05-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Wrigley Field

Enough said.

Dan H
05-12-2005, 10:53 AM
I voted for Wrigley mainly because it is so overrated. Not to mention it doesn't look so beautiful in the spring when the vines are still brown. And of course the Cubs play there.

nccwsfan
05-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Wrigley Field is NOT the worst ballpark in the majors. It's not the holy grail either, but it is outdoor baseball played on grass. And whether we like it or not there is a semblance of an atmosphere- maybe a bunch of drunks, but there is a pulse.

Tropicana Field wins this going away- a dome stadium, artificial turf, dreary, drab, no life inside whatsoever. The PA announcer is monotone, the ushers are rude, and the few fans that are there want you to be quiet so as not to....cheer or anything. That place is a dive.

nasox
05-12-2005, 08:51 PM
I liked Petco park and thought it had a lot of character. The whole premise when building the park was to expand upon that bulding that along LF. They were able to get a permit to build a completely new facility in that distrcit, so they went around that and "expanded' that building by adding a ballpark to it. There is a lot of "standing room" areas including a floor of that building (I wish I coud remember what it was). There is also a city park that is adjacent to the back of the ballpark and it has a small ballfield. Sometimes the pitchers in the pen go out in the early innings of a game and play with the kids. So yeah..I kinda liked it. :cool:

Give it time and it will get its own air. Right now its like a parentless kid. No heritage to go by.

Flames24Rulz
05-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Tropicana hands down.

Wrigley wouldn't be so bad if the fans would actually pay attention to the game...but the food there is terrible.

i've never been in Busch Stadium, but i've seen it on the outside when i went down to St. Louis for a school field trip 2 years ago...very ugly.

Stroker Ace
05-13-2005, 03:36 AM
No all of the above choice?

Wsoxmike59
05-13-2005, 07:07 AM
I voted for Tropicana Field because that is the field the state of Fla. built trying to lure the Sox away from Chicago.

I also dislike the Humpdome up in MN, that has to be the FUGLIEST facility in all of professional sports. Its' only redeeming quality is that the fans won't freeze to death while attending a sporting event. (In June) :D:

Gimme beautiful U.S. Cellular Field anyday over those two dumps.

SOXSINCE'70
05-14-2005, 10:00 PM
The piss Urinal to the North!!:angry:

SOXSINCE'70
05-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Wrigley Field

Enough said.

Love your sig!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

buehrle4cy05
05-14-2005, 10:07 PM
I've been to the HHH, it's a pretty bad stadium (I hate sitting under giant bags) but the absolute worst stadium I have been to is the McAfee Center (formerly Network Associates Coleseium) in Oakland. The inside is like a dungeon, and there's no scenic view of the mountains with Mt. Davis out in center field. The foul ground puts fans too far away from the game. Just an all-out brutal stadium.

thepaulbowski
05-16-2005, 08:32 AM
Dolphins Stadium/Pro Player Stadium/Joe Robbie...whatever they are calling that place the Marlins play now. The place is TERRIBLE for a baseball game. It's OK for a football game.

doublem23
05-16-2005, 09:09 AM

Agreed. Fenway Park is worse.

Never been to Minnesota or Tampa, so I can't talk about those.

mccoydp
05-20-2005, 12:41 PM
Wrigley Field

Enough said.

Ditto.

WhiteSox16K
05-20-2005, 01:09 PM
This is a tough one, but I chose other. I would say that the Oakland Collusium, the Hump Dome are equal disasters (I've never been to the 'Juice Box'), but my worst would probably be a surprise to most. Wrigley didn't seem as bad after I was to Yankee stadium for a Red Sox/Yankee game 3 years ago. The UD is terrible and by far the steepest I've ever been in. The outside/inside aisles and walkways are grungy and also very steep. The facad - in my opinion - is ugly and not appealing. The stadium IS in a terrible neighborhood and if your from out of town is tough to get to. So my choice would definitely be Yankee Stadium.

WhiteSox16K
05-20-2005, 01:14 PM
I've been to the HHH, it's a pretty bad stadium (I hate sitting under giant bags) but the absolute worst stadium I have been to is the McAfee Center (formerly Network Associates Coleseium) in Oakland. The inside is like a dungeon, and there's no scenic view of the mountains with Mt. Davis out in center field. The foul ground puts fans too far away from the game. Just an all-out brutal stadium.

That's the same opinion I had of Oakland. I was to HHH and Oakland within 2 months of each other last year and Oakland was a prison! Concrete, concrete, and more concrete. And people thought the Cell had too much concrete showing. Both are still disasters though.

rookieroy
05-20-2005, 01:24 PM
Fenway Park and here is why. I was hospitalized with a severely sprained ankle after I tripped on a crack in the foundation walking in the first aisle just above first base back in 1999. No joke...there was a huge piece of concrete raised about 5-6 inches above the rest. I never saw it as I was talking to my wife who was behind me. I certainly saw it after I fell. The aisles are very narrow there. The whole trip was ruined, but, the Red Sox did pay for almost everything. They wanted me to sign paperwork to release their liability so I wouldn't sue them. Never signed it.

Forget the historic garbage...that place is a crap hole if I have ever seen one! :angry: :angry: :angry:

ilsox7
05-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Fenway Park and here is why. I was hospitalized with a severely sprained ankle after I tripped on a crack in the foundation walking in the first aisle just above first base back in 1999. No joke...there was a huge piece of concrete raised about 5-6 inches above the rest. I never saw it as I was talking to my wife who was behind me. I certainly saw it after I fell. The aisles are very narrow there. The whole trip was ruined, but, the Red Sox did pay for almost everything. They wanted me to sign paperwork to release their liability so I wouldn't sue them. Never signed it.

Forget the historic garbage...that place is a crap hole if I have ever seen one! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Hey, if you sue now you just may end up with a Red Sox World Series ring.

No teal needed.

rookieroy
05-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Hey, if you sue now you just may end up with a Red Sox World Series ring.

No teal needed.

You know something.....my ankle is feeling a little sore right now! :D:

twins1991
05-21-2005, 02:55 AM
pretty strait forward...whats the worst stadium in the mlb?

Definitely, the metrodome is the worst. Best organization in baseball, worst stadium.

TheOldRoman
05-21-2005, 04:16 AM
Definitely, the metrodome is the worst. Best organization in baseball, worst stadium.
:dtroll:
Two words: David Ortiz.

bunnybrief
05-21-2005, 03:03 PM
Wrigley Field is NOT the worst ballpark in the majors. It's not the holy grail either, but it is outdoor baseball played on grass. And whether we like it or not there is a semblance of an atmosphere- maybe a bunch of drunks, but there is a pulse.

Tropicana Field wins this going away- a dome stadium, artificial turf, dreary, drab, no life inside whatsoever. The PA announcer is monotone, the ushers are rude, and the few fans that are there want you to be quiet so as not to....cheer or anything. That place is a dive.

Well said! My sentimints exactly. :gulp:

CallMeNuts
05-21-2005, 08:00 PM
Each of the 3 parks listed has some reason for being the way that it is:

Wrigley is a historic dump.
The HHH Dome is a dump that is warm in April.
The Tropicana Dome is a dump that will keep you from getting too hot in the worst of the summer.

But SHEA STADIUM in NYC is a dump with absolutely no redeeming value.