PDA

View Full Version : Jon Garland interview on Mike & Mike

mccombe_35
05-11-2005, 09:08 AM
in about 15 minutes. (8:20)

daveeym
05-11-2005, 10:11 AM
in about 15 minutes. (8:20) Edit: i don't trust this group and want to hear what Garland has to say.

petekat
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
nice interview...Garland sounded a little groggy and reluctant to buy into the hype, but nice to see more national adulation for what he and Sox have accomplished. Liked Garland's response to the question about whether pitchers play off of each other's accomplishments, and build up momentum that carries over into the next outing...Garland said it was the hitters that actually benefit... knowing that the starters will keep the team in the game.

Mike and Mike couldnt get over how young Garland still is- and that while it seems like he's been around forever, he was a tender 20 when he got brought up in 2000 and that most of Garland's up and down experiences occured in the Bigs (while most prospects his age would be toiling in the minors). Like the fact that Mike + Mike kept referring to Garland and the Sox as baseball's happier stories...and how Greenie stated his admiration for ozzie- who he interviewed as a player and was appreciated by members of the media for always wanting to yap

Mark
05-11-2005, 01:48 PM
I liked when Golic asked him about possibly winning the Cy Young if he kept up his pace and he responded, "I'd rather be in the playoffs."

Nice.