PDA

View Full Version : Carrie Woods Commericial

Cowhead418
05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
I was watching a Sox game, and commercials were on. I wasn't really paying attention but there was a commericial featuring Carrie Woods striking out someone. I don't remember what the commercial was promoting, but Wood said something along the lines of "I compete to win. That is all I want to do. I'm a winner.":roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling: I couldn't stop laughing for minutes. Anyone else see this commercial? It had to be one of the funniest commercials I've seen in a long time. I can't think of a word more wrong to describe Woods then "winner".

I want Mags back
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Its For Lincoln/mercury

Hangar18
05-11-2005, 11:51 AM
Thats as hilarious as the Chevy Dealership commercial with Flim-Flam Baker.
The commercial gratuitiously says "cub fans are the most loyal in baseball" and
"speaking of loyalty, heres Dusty Baker" Flim-Flam Man then goes on to
say that Cub fans and Chevy cars are the same (???????? what one has to do
with the other, I still dont know) and he loves his Chevy.

I remember the Chevy commercial with Media Hero, Marble-Mouthed Ron Santo. His commercial appeared last spring, he said he feels a Championship
is just a matter of time (hahahahahaha) and that Chevy and Championships
go together and he likes Chevy. What that had to do with the price of
tea in china I dont know either. Those commercials were pulled quickly
in Mid april and May though when the flubbies began stumbling.

mccoydp
05-11-2005, 12:12 PM
...The commercial gratuitiously says "cub fans are the most loyal in baseball" and
"speaking of loyalty, heres Dusty Baker"
I personally think that Cubs fans just believe it's cool to be a Cubs fan, and could really care less about the team. They have a love affair with their crumbling ballpark. They're loyal to the image that being a Cubs fan promises.

I actually went to two Cubs games from '92-'92: night game in the fall of '92 against the Colorado Rockies, and the second game of the '93 season (the one-hitter against Atlanta). I thought I was wallowing in a urinal. What a disgusting place...couldn't wait to get back to the (at that time) brand-new New Comiskey Park.

Hangar18
05-11-2005, 12:24 PM
Heres another commercial that was "funny". ATA airlines, did a radio spot
before the 2004 season. In it, they BLATANTLY are asking for Greg Maddux to please please please sign with the Chicago National League Corporation. ATA pompously pretends to speak for the entire City of Chicago, by saying
the City wants him back badly. (speak for yourself ATA jackasses)
They go on about how things are different now, and that winning is the order of the day, and that if he signs there, ATA will gladly fly him to wherever he wants (no wonder theyre on the verge of bankruptcy). ATA was so pee-your-pants gratuitous in their "love" for the Big Blue Corporation in these commercials and they ran numerous times. Best part was how ATA implied that if he signed, they would fly him anywhere come October, because they were surely going to be playing October baseball .........HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
who says the gods dont have a sense of humor?

Foulke You
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
I find those Dusty/Santo/Wood Chevy ads annoying too. What I find even more annoying is that they run them during Sox games! ***?! Do they think Sox fans give a rats ass about Kerry Wood and Dusty?

DumpJerry
05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
I think it ran very briefly since I saw it only once, but last year in September (I think, it was late in the season), a certain White Sox right fielder who was on the DL was in a Chevy ad where he states "I love Chicago and want to play here for the rest of my life..." before extolling the virtues of a Chevy SUV.

I guess SUV's are more comfortable than cars when trying to find a comfortable position for your bum knee and hernia.....

Cowhead418
05-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Thats as hilarious as the Chevy Dealership commercial with Flim-Flam Baker.
The commercial gratuitiously says "cub fans are the most loyal in baseball" and
"speaking of loyalty, heres Dusty Baker" Flim-Flam Man then goes on to
say that Cub fans and Chevy cars are the same (???????? what one has to do
with the other, I still dont know) and he loves his Chevy.

I remember the Chevy commercial with Media Hero, Marble-Mouthed Ron Santo. His commercial appeared last spring, he said he feels a Championship
is just a matter of time (hahahahahaha) and that Chevy and Championships
go together and he likes Chevy. What that had to do with the price of
tea in china I dont know either. Those commercials were pulled quickly
in Mid april and May though when the flubbies began stumbling.
I remember that commercial. Dusty was saying that Chevy and the Cubs are alike that they both concentrate wholly on putting out a championship winning product. And it worked too. The Cubs won the World Series against the Red Sox without even playing a game. They decided not to play because everyone thought the Cubs would dominate so much that it would embarass the Red Sox. They didn't want Red Sox fans to have to experience a 146-0 game with all the pain they've suffered. In fact, they gave the World Series Rings to all the Cub players right after they won the pennant.

GiveMeSox
05-11-2005, 09:03 PM
Heres another commercial that was "funny". ATA airlines, did a radio spot
before the 2004 season. In it, they BLATANTLY are asking for Greg Maddux to please please please sign with the Chicago National League Corporation. ATA pompously pretends to speak for the entire City of Chicago, by saying
the City wants him back badly. (speak for yourself ATA jackasses)
They go on about how things are different now, and that winning is the order of the day, and that if he signs there, ATA will gladly fly him to wherever he wants (no wonder theyre on the verge of bankruptcy). ATA was so pee-your-pants gratuitous in their "love" for the Big Blue Corporation in these commercials and they ran numerous times. Best part was how ATA implied that if he signed, they would fly him anywhere come October, because they were surely going to be playing October baseball .........HAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH
who says the gods dont have a sense of humor?

Kind of ironic since now ATA filed for bankruptcy and essential sold 80% of its company to southwest to stay in operation. ATA jump on cubbie bandwagon = file for bankruptcy, hahaha!!

gosox41
05-12-2005, 12:04 PM
Its For Lincoln/mercury

Hard to associate winning wiht Lincoln/Mercury.
Also hard to associate Wood with winning.

So it's a perfect match.:D:

Bob

Hangar18
05-12-2005, 05:12 PM
Hard to associate winning wiht Lincoln/Mercury.
Also hard to associate Wood with winning.

So it's a perfect match.:D:

Bob

heheh heheh heheheh:cool: