PDA

View Full Version : Travel help please!

StuckinWisconsin
05-10-2005, 04:10 PM
Hey guys (and gals)

I am an Os fan that lives in Wisconsin. I am heading down to the game this Saturday with a couple buddies and am curious which is the best way to get there. Train? Drive all the way down there?

I have had some nightmarish experiences on the Dan Ryan and was worried that it would be jammed as hell after a Sox game.

Quickest way possible is appreciated! I gotta get back to hopefully run into a bartender before closing time.....

Fenway
05-10-2005, 04:17 PM
You might want to consider grabbing the CTA in Evanston or Wilmette where there is parking and change at Howard to the Red Line all the way to 35th.

http://www.yourcta.com/maps/rail/rail.html

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2005, 04:21 PM
depends on where u live in 'sconsin. if you live near kenosha there's a metra line that goes all the way downtown. cost about 5 per person. Not bad since the ride is nice, good view along the way. You could take the amtrak from milwaukee but that costs $$$.

If you take either of those ways you'll end up at Ogilvie (not sure if i spelled that right) station downtown. From there its a short walk to the redline and you can take that right to the game (1.75 per).

DumpJerry
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM
I usually drive to a Red Line stop and take the train from there. You can try parking near the Fullerton or North/Clybourne stops on the street and grab the subway.

BTW, :welcome: even if you're cheering for the wrong team this weekend....:smile:

itsnotrequired
05-10-2005, 04:27 PM
depends on where u live in 'sconsin. if you live near kenosha there's a metra line that goes all the way downtown. cost about 5 per person. Not bad since the ride is nice, good view along the way. You could take the amtrak from milwaukee but that costs $$$.

If you take either of those ways you'll end up at Ogilvie (not sure if i spelled that right) station downtown. From there its a short walk to the redline and you can take that right to the game (1.75 per).

Let it be know that the last Metra train into Kenosha leaves downtown Chicago at 9:35 PM. Well, there is a 12:35 AM as well but if you're in some type of hurry to get back, this probably wouldn't be your best bet. I'm betting you wouldn't make the 9:30 train.

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Let it be know that the last Metra train into Kenosha leaves downtown Chicago at 9:35 PM. Well, there is a 12:35 AM as well but if you're in some type of hurry to get back, this probably wouldn't be your best bet. I'm betting you wouldn't make the 9:30 train.

forgot about that. nice catch

Ol' No. 2
05-10-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey guys (and gals)

I am an Os fan that lives in Wisconsin. I am heading down to the game this Saturday with a couple buddies and am curious which is the best way to get there. Train? Drive all the way down there?

I have had some nightmarish experiences on the Dan Ryan and was worried that it would be jammed as hell after a Sox game.

Quickest way possible is appreciated! I gotta get back to hopefully run into a bartender before closing time.....Saturday traffic shouldn't a problem.

itsnotrequired
05-10-2005, 04:31 PM
If you are in a hurry to get back, best bet is to drive all the way to the game. Park on State St. near 35th (only a couple blocks from the park). Its free and no one parks over there. You save money plus avoid the traffic headaches around the parking lots after the game. Expressways should be just fine heading back but getting there might be a little busy.

StuckinWisconsin
05-10-2005, 04:34 PM
I live in Fort Atkinson, which is just off 90 near Janesville going towards Madison.

Anymore help is greatly appreciated.

Can't wait to the weekend! Should be a great series between two very hot teams.

itsnotrequired
05-10-2005, 04:40 PM
I live in Fort Atkinson, which is just off 90 near Janesville going towards Madison.

Anymore help is greatly appreciated.

Can't wait to the weekend! Should be a great series between two very hot teams.

Ft. Atkinson? Well that settles it: Take I-90 to Chicago, get off at 35th St. exit, hang a left at the top of the ramp, drive two blocks to State St. and park.

FYI, that area has a "reputation" for being rough. I've never had any problems but you probably don't want to leave a sack of money in the passenger seat...