PDA

View Full Version : first-time poster, long-time browser

chisox
05-10-2005, 11:15 AM
hey, first of all i just wanted to say hi. it's my first post, though i feel like i've been a part of this community forever. when i was in high school i interned at the tribune where a prominant staff member recomended this site after i was bitching to him about joe crede.

itsnotrequired
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
:welcome:

Baby Fisk
05-10-2005, 11:17 AM
Hey, welcome aboard! :cheers:

nebraskasox
05-10-2005, 11:27 AM
hey, first of all i just wanted to say hi. it's my first post, though i feel like i've been a part of this community forever. when i was in high school i interned at the tribune where a prominant staff member recomended this site after i was bitching to him about joe crede.

Welcome. Did anyone else get a laugh from chisox' last comment?

"...staff member recomended this site after i was bitching to him about joe crede".

I haven't been on this site very long myself but I'd say this poster came to the right place.

Stroker Ace
05-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Welcome Aboard!:D:

joe_tansey2004
05-10-2005, 11:36 AM
Good to have ya here. Im new too. Just started here a few days ago.

BaseballTonyght
05-10-2005, 11:36 AM
I can't believe the user name "chisox" was still available...

ondafarm
05-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Heck, I was still shocked that "Ondafarm" was available when I got it.

Kuzman
05-10-2005, 11:43 AM

I said that same exact thing! Nice name and Welcome Aboard!!

patbooyah
05-10-2005, 11:46 AM
I said that same exact thing! Nice name and Welcome Aboard!!

i know- when i saw that he was a long time lurker i thought: with a name like chisox he must have signed up years ago!

ma_deuce
05-10-2005, 11:51 AM
i know- when i saw that he was a long time lurker i thought: with a name like chisox he must have signed up years ago!

Who are the "ChiSox?" I thought we were just the "Sox?" Oh, I forgot... the "Sox" are the Boston Red Sox... My bad. Thank you ESPN!

:wink:

Welcome to WSI. Home of the militant White Sox fans!

Clembasbal
05-10-2005, 12:07 PM

Welcome aboard.

And I can't wait until some posters stay saying that "We should never be the ChiSox" and bla bla bla. I will agree with them, but the old MLB Sox site was and still can be accessed by www.chisox.com (http://www.chisox.com). I hate the ChiSox tag name, but what are you going to do? Complain?

Brian26
05-10-2005, 12:08 PM
I'm just stunned that nobody before you took "chisox" as their screenname. :D:

Uncle_Patrick
05-10-2005, 01:07 PM
I'm just stunned that nobody before you took "chisox" as their screenname. :D:

Tell me about it. I picked this stupid name because I figured that anything White Sox related was either already taken, or have to numbers to it or something, like "SoxFan12983".

This is like that old line about the pretty girl who never gets a date because all the guys already think someone else has asked her out.

mweflen
05-10-2005, 01:57 PM
:lurkers

I just wanted to use this smiley. I've always thought it is neat.

Tekijawa
05-10-2005, 02:19 PM
Hating on Joe Crede has gone the way of Aaron Rownd and his bad Routes!

PAPChiSox729
05-10-2005, 03:22 PM

Yeah, seeing that 'chisox' is just now taken is kind of surprising. There are so many names with 'chisox' in it (ahem), you would've thought that the original thing was taken a long time ago.

JoseCanseco6969
05-10-2005, 03:40 PM

Yeah, seeing that 'chisox' is just now taken is kind of surprising. There are so many names with 'chisox' in it (ahem), you would've thought that the original thing was taken a long time ago.

we all cant forget the infamous ChiSoxTony!

did a little digging... :roflmao:
from 12-14-2004
"A friend of mine noticed KW at the airport in Phoenix. He was rushing to pick up his luggage while talking on his cell phone. My friend tried to get close enough to hear the discussion. He managed to get within three feet of him. He tried evesdropping on his and managed to hear the following, "Konerko and Garland, thats right". KW then walked into an airline club room when he noticed that people were recognizing him. I don't know what any of this means , but I thought I'd pass it along."

mrzerofan
05-10-2005, 03:47 PM
:drunken: :drunken:

ExpoPuddingHead
05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
Dude, you might wanna watch out. I got banned for a week after making some crack about Shingo trying Steroids. Be Careful.

samram
05-10-2005, 06:07 PM
we all cant forget the infamous ChiSoxTony!

No, but I was getting close. Thanks for reminding me!:D:

chisox
05-10-2005, 08:56 PM
i thought you guys were gonna give me a hard time about working at the trib, or at the very least, for taking the advice from someone who works for the trib, not my user name. i was shocked that it was available too.
i tried josecanseco6969 but it was already taken.

anyway, the sox just blew the lead in the bottom of the 7th, so i gotta get back to the edge of my seat.

chisoxfanatic
05-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Welcome to the greatest White Sox site around! The posters here are rabid, intelligent Sox fans who hate the northside minor league team as a hobby.

joe_tansey2004
05-10-2005, 11:44 PM
:lurkers

I just wanted to use this smiley. I've always thought it is neat.

Thats classic mweflen! LOL

JoseCanseco6969
05-11-2005, 07:53 AM
i tried josecanseco6969 but it was already taken.

I think you meant that to be in teal.

Very funny chisox...I guess you'll fit right in here with the other blokes that always take shots at my name. Maybe you can convince the Mods for me to let me change it.:D:

chisox
05-11-2005, 01:22 PM
i lived in berkeley for a while when i was younger, jose was my favorite ballplayer 'til i came to chicago.

i wasn't that surprised when josecanseco6969 was taken, but who took carneylansford420?

thanks for the welcome guys.

Frater Perdurabo
05-11-2005, 01:40 PM
i lived in berkeley for a while when i was younger, jose was my favorite ballplayer 'til i came to chicago.

i wasn't that surprised when josecanseco6969 was taken, but who took carneylansford420?

thanks for the welcome guys.

And we don't even have to call the teal police on you!

:supernana:

brewcrew/chisox
05-11-2005, 02:44 PM

Yeah, seeing that 'chisox' is just now taken is kind of surprising. There are so many names with 'chisox' in it (ahem).

What other names?

chisox

mccoydp
05-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the site...but you'll have to learn how to complain about a bunch of other players as well.

Willie Harris used to be a good target last year, but he doesn't play as much this year...

The new favorites are Paulie, Dye, Vizcaino, Shingo, and Contreras.

I was the same as you -- viewer for many years, but I decided to start venting just recently.

kevingrt
05-11-2005, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the site...but you'll have to learn how to complain about a bunch of other players as well.

Willie Harris used to be a good target last year, but he doesn't play as much this year...

The new favorites are Paulie, Dye, Vizcaino, Shingo, and Contreras.

I was the same as you -- viewer for many years, but I decided to start venting just recently.

Dye and Vizcanio have been main targets, Dye has stepped it up recently but still a main target. To add to that, Rowand and Crede used to be big targets to but it has seemed to help them