PDA

View Full Version : Add XM Radio show to the media bias

nccwsfan
05-10-2005, 07:39 AM
XM Radio's Baseball This Morning show:

Mark Patrick (paraphrasing)- the White Sox will fall back to the pack and I don't see them being as good as they're playing.....once the AL gets to see the pitchers a second time around they won't be nearly as effective as they have been :?: ...I don't see why Ozzie keeps opening his mouth.

Larry Bowa (paraphrasing)- when things are going good you're not as good as you think you are, and when things are going bad you're not as bad as you think you are. I also think they'll fall back to the pack.

Some heavy paraphrasing here- if you have XM tune in to Channel 175 around 10:25-10:30 Central Time to hear the comments firsthand.

JRIG
05-10-2005, 07:45 AM

Mark Patrick (paraphrasing)- the White Sox will fall back to the pack and I don't see them being as good as they're playing.....once the AL gets to see the pitchers a second time around they won't be nearly as effective as they have been :?: ...I don't see why Ozzie keeps opening his mouth.

Larry Bowa (paraphrasing)- when things are going good you're not as good as you think you are, and when things are going bad you're not as bad as you think you are. I also think they'll fall back to the pack.

Some heavy paraphrasing here- if you have XM tune in to Channel 175 around 10:25-10:30 Central Time to hear the comments firsthand. Bottom line is that it's yet another example of the media showing zero respect to the White Sox. I just don't get it and I know I'm not alone....

It's not exactly bias to have an opinion. These guys think the White Sox will fall back. It's no different than your opinion that Patrick and Bowa are wrong. Are you biased against XM Satellite radio, or do you just have an opinion?

Viva Medias B's
05-10-2005, 07:51 AM
It's not exactly bias to have an opinion. These guys think the White Sox will fall back. It's no different than your opinion that Patrick and Bowa are wrong. Are you biased against XM Satellite radio, or do you just have an opinion?

It's probably more a case of wishful thinking among the national mediots than sound opinion.

nccwsfan
05-10-2005, 07:54 AM

Good point JRIG, and I've corrected my original post. I do not agree with their assessment of the White Sox, and like many others on WSI found this to be another example of how this team is not getting the respect it deserves. For those who care it will be replayed at 10:30am Central Time....

JRIG
05-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Good point JRIG, and I've corrected my original post. I do not agree with their assessment of the White Sox, and like many others on WSI found this to be another example of how this team is not getting the respect it deserves. For those who care it will be replayed at 10:30am Central Time....

Don't mean to call you out, but we should reserve bias claims for where the shoe really fits.

{cough cough}Cubune{cough cough}

nccwsfan
05-10-2005, 08:32 AM
Don't mean to call you out, but we should reserve bias claims for where the shoe really fits.

{cough cough}Cubune{cough cough}

It's all good- we're all on the same team anyway.
:gulp:

gosox41
05-10-2005, 08:42 AM

Some heavy paraphrasing here- if you have XM tune in to Channel 175 around 10:25-10:30 Central Time to hear the comments firsthand.

Not too sound negative here because I don't know exactly what is meant by 'falling back to the pack'. Does that mean we'll be a .500 team and struggle along with Det. or Cle?

I take it to mean that the Sox won't keep up this .750 winning percentage and they also won't maintain a 3.00 ERA as a team. So they may fall back to the pack. They are playing over their heads.

As much as I'd love to see the Sox win 122 games or what ever it is, if I knew some of you guys in person I'd take action that the Sox at the end of the 2005 season have a lower winning % and higher ERA then they do now.

Now also keep in mind, that if the Sox should only play .500 the rest of the way (and for the record I think they'll be better then .500 over the remaining 130 games) they'll win 89 games.

Bob

NonetheLoaiza
05-10-2005, 08:53 AM
It's kind of hard not to fall back in the pack when you are winning at a .750 clip. You lose one game, and technically that's falling back. If the Sox won at a .600 clip, that's falling back too, but is still pretty damn good. I'll take the flying under that radar approach still, anyways...

ChiFabulous1
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I donít know if you guys caught this but yesterday around noon the xm home plate host introduced the twins broadcast announcer as the announcer for the AL Centrals 1st place Minnesota twins. He then quickly corrected himself and laughed about how he is so use to the twins being in front. XM Home plate sucks.

:happybday Miami Heat

shoota
05-10-2005, 10:23 AM
I donít know if you guys caught this but yesterday around noon the xm home plate host introduced the twins broadcast announcer as the announcer for the AL Centrals 1st place Minnesota twins. He then quickly corrected himself and laughed about how he is so use to the twins being in front. XM Home plate sucks.

Booooo. :angry:

:happybday Miami Heat

:o: hahahha.

TDog
05-10-2005, 11:43 AM

Mark Patrick (paraphrasing)- the White Sox will fall back to the pack and I don't see them being as good as they're playing.....once the AL gets to see the pitchers a second time around they won't be nearly as effective as they have been :?: ....

Am I missing something? Do the Sox have a rookie rotation surprising people? Even Garland is a veteran, although he's been inconsistent before 2005.

Sports commentators have a right to their opinions. Their opinions keep them from having to work for a living. And I don't expect the Sox to play .750 baseball for the season, but the comment about the starters doesn't sound insightful.

bayzbol44
05-10-2005, 12:27 PM
I am a big Sox fan. However, do you blame any of these "experts" for not picking the White Sox or for not believing in them? Do we have any history of a lot of division championships??? Have we come through in the past when it counted??? Have we sizzled or fizzled in September? Therefore, who cares what XM, FM or AM says. As long as the fans stand behind them and go to the games thats all that matters to the team. I believe in this team. I will believe in the 2005 team until they are eliminated from postseason play.

mikehuff
05-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Am I missing something? Do the Sox have a rookie rotation surprising people? Even Garland is a veteran, although he's been inconsistent before 2005.

Exactly what I was going to say. You would think we have a rotation of 18 year old Japanese pitchers that have never been seen before.

Buehrle, Garland, Contreras, Hernandez and Garcia have plenty of experience and have been seen in the same league for years.

nccwsfan
05-10-2005, 04:33 PM
I don't think anyone here expects the White Sox to continue to play .750 ball, myself included. However, I also don't think there's a chance that they'll fall down to the middle of the division.....and to suggest that our starting rotation will suffer by being seen a 2nd/3rd time is a ridiculous argument. Why is it that our staff would suffer but others will be just fine? Lack of respect.

But to clarify, I don't expect the White Sox to go .750 for the season.

daveeym
05-10-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't think anyone here expects the White Sox to continue to play .750 ball, myself included. However, I also don't think there's a chance that they'll fall down to the middle of the division.....and to suggest that our starting rotation will suffer by being seen a 2nd/3rd time is a ridiculous argument. Why is it that our staff would suffer but others will be just fine? Lack of respect.

But to clarify, I don't expect the White Sox to go .750 for the season. And many of them have been seen a second time already by KC, Detroit, Cleveland and Minnesota.