PDA

View Full Version : Sox weather forecaster?

oharewx
05-09-2005, 09:52 PM
does anybody know if the white sox hire their own meteorologist, or do they rely on the national weather service?

Daver
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Roger Bossard does it.

NonetheLoaiza
05-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if The Sodfather handles everything regarding that nature. I'd assume he gets his info from the NWS, though.

dickallen15
05-10-2005, 07:23 AM
I believe they have a Doppler radar at the park, and Bossard is the guy who keeps an eye on it. For hairier situations they put a call into WGN.

daveeym
05-10-2005, 08:07 AM
I believe they have a Doppler radar at the park, and Bossard is the guy who keeps an eye on it. For hairier situations they put a call into WGN. I know this is correct but I wonder if they even use em anymore and just don't use a laptop down in the dugout nowadays. A lot of colleges even had/have dopplers for sporting events but I'd imagine they can just hop online now.

havelj
05-10-2005, 08:36 AM
I believe Bossard "Sodfather", was the first ground's chief to employ the use of doppler radar.

Nobody better.

Clembasbal
05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
does anybody know if the white sox hire their own meteorologist, or do they rely on the national weather service?

Hey buddy! Looking to get out of Twins territory?

I know nothing about this, but it is good to see you on this site...though you might have been there long enough to go the other way.

No response for my wedding yet? You coming?

Try calling up a Sox represenative or something and asking them. If they want to know why either say you are interested or you are doing a school project.