PDA

View Full Version : Honel Injured? ***?

Vsahajpal
11-08-2001, 12:01 PM
I don't recall ever hearing about this:

Schneider said 2001 first-round pick and former Providence Catholic High School standout Kris Honel was examined and put on a throwing program because of several flare-ups in his right elbow this summer.

"The law of averages just caught up with us," Schneider said when asked about the rash of injuries that hit the South Side. "For 10 years we didn't have much. All of a sudden, when it rained it poured."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/081sd6.htm

Joel Perez
11-08-2001, 12:28 PM
Story on Honel at Chisox.com (http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20011107_minicam p_news&team_id=cws)

scroll to the final paragraphs below...

Vsahajpal
11-08-2001, 12:54 PM
Thanks Joel.

I know Dr. James Boscardin, went to grammar school with his son. His father and mine practice at the same hospitals.

Some of my dad's famous "clientele" include former White Sox 1b Greg Walker, Bulls center Robert Parish, and flubs 2b Ryne Sandberg.

that's my interesting story of the day.

fuzzy_patters
11-08-2001, 01:00 PM
This is bad news considering that Honel had shoulder problems in high school. I hope this isn't going to be a chronic problem.

Vsahajpal
11-08-2001, 01:02 PM
I think Honel was hampered by a wrist problem his senior year, I'm not aware of any shoulder problems he had. He missed his first few starts with a sprained wrist last March.

cheeses_h_rice
11-08-2001, 01:05 PM
A new rule has been instituted, that if you're going to pitch for the White Sox, you have to have a minimum of one season-ending shoulder problem.

fuzzy_patters
11-08-2001, 01:08 PM
I could be wrong, but I thought he had a shoulder problem in either his sophomore or junior year. Maybe I'm thinking of somebody else.

CredeFan
11-08-2001, 03:16 PM
This doesn't sound good. They'll cut him open next year and still insist that they are teaching the right mechanics.

Then just wait till Nari gets a hold of him. Might as well get him a wheel chair.

Daver
11-08-2001, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Vsahajpal
I think Honel was hampered by a wrist problem his senior year, I'm not aware of any shoulder problems he had. He missed his first few starts with a sprained wrist last March.

You are correct vic,it was a wrist injury that was not pitching related.

idseer
11-09-2001, 09:00 AM
trade him to toronto!