PDA

View Full Version : "Buy or Sell" The White Sox Winning the American League!

swanson24
05-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Today on Around the Horn the foursome debated whether to "buy or sell" the Chicago White Sox winning the American League Pennant. Three members on the foursome named Jay Mariotti (shocking!), J.A. Adande, and Woody Paige said they were selling the White Sox. Their reasons were that the White Sox did not have enough offense but could if they made a trade, Adande brought up the fact that Frank Thomas might never come back (genius!), and another said that they don't have any big names in the lineup to make a run for the World Series.

None of this is shocking until you hear that one national media member believes that the 2005 Chicago White Sox are good enough to win a World Series!!!:o: :o:
Who would say such a thing well it was our newest friend at WSI named Tim Cowlishaw! He believes this for the following reasons: 1) The White Sox have a strong rotation, 2) The team can still win 90 games and make the playoffs and 3) Most emphatic point he was trying to make is that there is no dominating team in the American League this year because and here is a shocker out of ESPN the Yankees are struggling!

I don't know if I agree with everything he said but it is great to have a member of the national media jump onto the 2005 Chicago White Sox bandwagon! Some people may hate this thread but it is positive publicity from a national media source!

rwcescato
05-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Today on Around the Horn the foursome debated whether to "buy or sell" the Chicago White Sox winning the American League Pennant. Three members on the foursome named Jay Mariotti (shocking!), J.A. Adande, and Woody Paige said they were selling the White Sox. Their reasons were that the White Sox did not have enough offense but could if they made a trade, Adande brought up the fact that Frank Thomas might never come back (genius!), and another said that they don't have any big names in the lineup to make a run for the World Series.

None of this is shocking until you hear that one national media member believes that the 2005 Chicago White Sox are good enough to win a World Series!!!:o: :o:
Who would say such a thing well it was our newest friend at WSI named Tim Cowlishaw! He believes this for the following reasons: 1) The White Sox have a strong rotation, 2) The team can still win 90 games and make the playoffs and 3) Most emphatic point he was trying to make is that there is no dominating team in the American League this year because and here is a shocker out of ESPN the Yankees are struggling!

I don't know if I agree with everything he said but it is great to have a member of the national media jump onto the 2005 Chicago White Sox bandwagon! Some people may hate this thread but it is positive publicity from a national media source!

Don't worry Marriotti still thinks wood and prior are going to win 30 games a piece and the flubs will win the ws chamionship.

swanson24
05-09-2005, 08:13 PM
No kidding I can't stand Moroniotti!

ChiSoxBobette
05-10-2005, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE=swanson24]Today on Around the Horn the foursome debated whether to "buy or sell" the Chicago White Sox winning the American League Pennant. Three members on the foursome named Jay Mariotti (shocking!), J.A. Adande, and Woody Paige said they were selling the White Sox. Their reasons were that the White Sox did not have enough offense but could if they made a trade, Adande brought up the fact that Frank Thomas might never come back (genius!), and another said that they don't have any big names in the lineup to make a run for the World Series.

I don't know if I agree with everything he said but it is great to have a member of the national media jump onto the 2005 Chicago White Sox bandwagon! Some people may hate this thread but it is positive publicity from a national media source![/QUOTE

All anyone needs to remember is that solid sarting pitching & a solid bullpen and good defense wins , but because this year its the White Sox doing this not one baseball expert has said this. Someone should ask them if they remember the Earl Weaver Orioles - Good/Great Starting Pitching & Defense would get the O's to the playoffs almost every time.

GO WHITE SOX!