PDA

View Full Version : Stern?

rmusacch
11-08-2001, 12:14 PM
Did anyone hear what David Wells had to say on the Howard Stern show today? I was kinda listening but I was working and my radio reception is kinda crappy in my office. From what I did hear, I did not hear anything about where he might be playing next year and for all I know they did not discuss that because Howard is not into that ****.

GASHWOUND
11-08-2001, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Did anyone hear what David Wells had to say on the Howard Stern show today? I was kinda listening but I was working and my radio reception is kinda crappy in my office. From what I did hear, I did not hear anything about where he might be playing next year and for all I know they did not discuss that because Howard is not into that ****.

I heard most in the car radio going to work. All he said about basball s that he'll love to come back to the Spanks cause he wants to retire a Spank. But the tone of his voice kinda put it that the Spanks have not contacted him or anything, or if their even interested. But he did say he loves Chicago, "Great town"

Paulwny
11-09-2001, 11:37 AM
Friday, November 9, 2001

Boomer eyes Bronx return
By MIKE RUTSEY -- Toronto Sun
There is something about David Wells and being a Yankee that goes deeper than the slimming pinstripes.

Wells, unemployed and a free agent since the White Sox declined to pick up his $10 million US option for 2002, is chomping at the bit over the prospects of becoming a Yankee next season.

"Do I want to play for the Yankees? Who (bleeping) wouldn't?" Wells told the New York Post when spotted at a midtown Hooter's.

Greg Clifton, Wells' agent, said the Yankees have not contacted him about a second coming of Wells but admitted that "New York is at the top of his (Wells) list."

After being traded to the White Sox from the Blue Jays, Wells suffered an injury plagued season and his back problems resulted in season-ending surgery. Wells season was restricted to 16 appearances where the left-hander went 5-7 with a 4.47 ERA.

Wells, who said he has had one offer from the Phillies, could receive an invite to the Yankees spring training camp.