PDA

View Full Version : sox on around the horn

pearso66
05-09-2005, 04:11 PM
they're getting ready to say something about the sox on around the horn on espn

Tragg
05-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Predictable - Moronotti trashes the Sox. Says we've won 4 games against teams with winning records.

Well, Toronto had a winning record until we played them.

He's ridiculous.

koch44
05-09-2005, 04:20 PM
Moronnoti says they need to pick up another bat. I guess Frank is out for the season.

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 04:21 PM
what did the other guys say??

EDIT: Just heard the stat boy say HE GONE in regard to Woody Paige

pearso66
05-09-2005, 04:22 PM
it was buy or sell the white sox going to the world series. one of four said buy, two said sell, and moronotti didnt say buy or sell. woody paige said not one hitter is hitting over .300, has he heard of iguchi? and he's a sports analyst, didnt even take into account that konerko, rowand, and dye are struggling, and it looks as if atleast konerko might be busting out of his slump

Tragg
05-09-2005, 04:22 PM
what did the other guys say??

The guy with the beard said buy.

The two other guys said sell.

MIgrenade
05-09-2005, 04:25 PM
That show sucks, but for some reason I'm the only one who thinks that. I'm not a big fan of PTI either.

pearso66
05-09-2005, 04:26 PM
the sox will probably be on pti also

jeremydavid
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
Why do you have to have one guy be your closer for it to be considered "solid". I think our closer situation is pretty solid right now. The other team can't count on who they will see and that probably makes it harder on them.

koch44
05-09-2005, 04:27 PM
it was buy or sell the white sox going to the world series. one of four said buy, two said sell, and moronotti didnt say buy or sell. woody paige said not one hitter is hitting over .300, has he heard of iguchi? and he's a sports analyst, didnt even take into account that konerko, rowand, and dye are struggling, and it looks as if atleast konerko might be busting out of his slump

He also didn't say that Dye might be busting out either with the two home runs he had over the weekend. I don't really care since these shows are full of dopes anyways such as, Moronnoti, Clueless, and Paige.

chisoxfan64
05-09-2005, 04:28 PM
That show sucks, but for some reason I'm the only one who thinks that. I'm not a big fan of PTI either.

I agree with you 100%. I can`t stand that show. Makes no sense at all.

Ol' No. 2
05-09-2005, 04:29 PM
That show sucks, but for some reason I'm the only one who thinks that. I'm not a big fan of PTI either.This is the absolute worst sports show there is. And that's saying a lot.

SoxSpeed22
05-09-2005, 04:31 PM
This is the absolute worst sports show there is. And that's saying a lot."Cold Pizza's 1st and 10". Clueless and Paige are F*&^in' horrible!

forkball
05-09-2005, 04:35 PM
If we keep winning they will have to take notice eventually. Also, I agree: Around the Horn sucks!!!!!!!

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 04:37 PM
yes there is a PTI topic on us coming up soon...it just says White Sox

NonetheLoaiza
05-09-2005, 04:38 PM
Sox are going to be a topic on PTI in a minute or two

shaunburnette
05-09-2005, 04:51 PM

horrible just horrible

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 04:51 PM

Well that was enough to make me vomit

:chunks

The_Floridian
05-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Everything EOE (ESPN Original Entertainment) puts out is garbage...nothing but CNN/FOX News style sniping fests where people yell at each other for no apparent reason (Around the Horn, 1st and Ten), exploitative TV series (Playmakers), or bad, bad movies (Hustle, 3, etc.)

I actually heard one of the guys on First and Ten make a reference to how Latino players should have to learnd English if "they want to come to OUR country and play OUR game."

Yikes.

ESPN was a good network at one time, wasn't it?

SoxWillWin
05-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Anything opinion of moronotti's is pure garbage

NorthlakeTom
05-09-2005, 05:23 PM
I actually heard one of the guys on First and Ten make a reference to how Latino players should have to learnd English if "they want to come to OUR country and play OUR game."
What an idiot. Does he realize Latino players have been coming to "our" country to play in the bigs since the early '50s? I'd say he's 50 years too late with his "demand." Where does he think Chico Carrasquel is from?

Palehose Pete
05-09-2005, 06:11 PM
What really chapped my butt was the ATH idiots saying that the real reason the Sox will win the American this year is because the Yankees and Red Sox aren't standing in the way.

Morons. Friggin' morons.

soxfan43
05-09-2005, 06:42 PM
Around the horn has always been a dumb show. Now they are just proving it to everyone. ESPN and cubs fans will never realize that white sox fans don't care about media coverage, we don't care the cubs sellout more often, we care about good, enteraining and most importantly winning baseball. i for one, could care less about the media coverage or lack there of, I watch pretty much every game and can make my own conclusion that the sox are not a fluke, yes they aren't hitting great, but they are winning and that's all that matters.

row18
05-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Why do you have to have one guy be your closer for it to be considered "solid". I think our closer situation is pretty solid right now. The other team can't count on who they will see and that probably makes it harder on them.

I agree 100%

swanson24
05-09-2005, 06:58 PM
Today on Around the Horn the foursome debated whether to "buy or sell" the Chicago White Sox winning the American League Pennant. Three members on the foursome named Jay Mariotti (shocking!), J.A. Adande, and Woody Paige said they were selling the White Sox. Their reasons were that the White Sox did not have enough offense but could if they made a trade, Adande brought up the fact that Frank Thomas might never come back (genius!), and another said that they don't have any big names in the lineup to make a run for the World Series.

None of this is shocking until you hear that one national media member believes that the 2005 Chicago White Sox are good enough to win a World Series!!!:o: :o:
Who would say such a thing well it was our newest friend at WSI named Tim Cowlishaw! He believes this for the following reasons: 1) The White Sox have a strong rotation, 2) The team can still win 90 games and make the playoffs and 3) Most emphatic point he was trying to make is that there is no dominating team in the American League this year because and here is a shocker out of ESPN the Yankees are struggling!

I don't know if I agree with everything he said but it is great to have a member of the national media jump onto the 2005 Chicago White Sox bandwagon! Some people may hate this thread but it is positive publicity from a national media source!

swanson24
05-09-2005, 07:01 PM
Sorry I made a thread with the poll question, and after it was posted I realized you were well ahead of me with the information.
I apologize for the inconvenience to all of those on this thread.

seanpmurphy
05-10-2005, 01:53 AM

PTI is the same show with less people. Half to 3/4 of the topics are the exact same, just with different titles off to the side.

AnkleSox
05-10-2005, 09:45 AM
There's a few main things here the media either doesn't understand or just completely ignores so that their fourth place predictions look better.

First, as has already been mentioned, the blue jays were above .500 before the sox swept them. The tigers are just one game below .500, if not for 4 losses to the sox, they'd be above it.

They also didn't mention that the sox went 4-1 against the twins during this run, and the twins are one of the best teams in baseball right now.Not to mention being 18-4 against the central division. Handing 18 losses to your divisional opponents is a surefire way to keep a few times under .500.

The one major thing i think here though, is that the media makes no mention of how beating up on the crappy teams is the one thing the sox have failed to do in the last few years, and if they played this kind of ball last year against these teams, they would have run away with the central division.

Guess i shouldn't expect that much from ESPN, though.

ChiSoxRowand
05-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Which guy on ATH bought the Sox?

elrod
05-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Cowlishaw is from Dallas, right? I think he writes for the Dallas Morning News. He's the big Dallas Cowboys columnists, I believe.