PDA

View Full Version : Cheering for the first time since 1993

gosox83
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Tonight will mark the first time I have ever cheered for Sammy Sosa since we traded him for George Bell back in 1993.

Who is with me?

Has anyone ever cheered for him between now and then?

GO SOX!!! :bandance: :dtroll:

skottyj242
05-09-2005, 12:48 PM
Why, what's going on tonight?

Uncle_Patrick
05-09-2005, 12:48 PM

No. I'll never cheer for him, and it has nothing to do with him being a Cub. I think he's a piece of trash. I hope the O's beat the Twins, and if Sammy does good (although I thought he was out hurt or something), then great, I won't root against him, but I won't root for him, either.

Uncle_Patrick
05-09-2005, 12:49 PM
Why, what's going on tonight?

Twins are playing the Orioles.

DaveIsHere
05-09-2005, 12:50 PM
I believe Sosa has a foot injury last I heard....could be wrong

skottyj242
05-09-2005, 12:52 PM
Twins are playing the Orioles.

Thanks, I figured that out when I looked in the paper, I probably should check those things before I open my mouth.

As far as this mysterious foot abscess he has, do you think he might be getting the jitters about coming back here this weekend? And if he plays will he wear the ear plugs again?

Lip Man 1
05-09-2005, 12:57 PM
Sosa has missed the past few days with what was called on ESPN as an 'abscess' in his foot. Doesn't sound pleasent.

Lip

skottyj242
05-09-2005, 12:58 PM
Sosa has missed the past few days with what was called on ESPN as an 'abscess' in his foot. Doesn't sound pleasent.

Lip

I had an abcessed tooth once and had to get a root canal, that sucked.

owensmouth
05-09-2005, 12:59 PM

LipHe sneezed without removing it from his mouth

mweflen
05-09-2005, 01:00 PM
I hope Sosa plays and hits 4 HR per game with 30 RBI against the Twinkies.

Then I hope he goes 0-12 against us, and goes down for the rest of the year, with the possible exception of one more series against the Twinkies.

swanson24
05-09-2005, 01:03 PM
The best reason not to cheer Sammy Sosa is for the simple fact that he was involved in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend while playing as a member of the Chicago White Sox. I'm sure somebody else on this website has heard the story before but while playing for the White Sox in the early stages of his career 1990 - 1991 he was involved in some inappropriate behavior. My logic is simple cheering for Sosa is like cheering for Wil Cordero, who was also involved in a domestic dispute! That may seem like a Jim Rome Rant but that is just how I feel! :angry: :angry: :angry:

SpammySosa
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Tonight will mark the first time I have ever cheered for Sammy Sosa since we traded him for George Bell back in 1993.

Who is with me?

GO SOX!!! :bandance: :dtroll:

The trade was actually in 1992. Anyhow,Iwon't be cheering for him,but will definitely be rooting for the Twins to lose.Sosa is a selfish,false humility-filled jackass and I would still call him out even if he played his whole career with the Sox.When Albert Belle had his brief tenure with the Sox,I never cut him any slack.If he helped the team win,I was happy with the results,but I still couldn't stand him as a person.

cheeses_h_rice
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
The best reason not to cheer Sammy Sosa is for the simple fact that he was involved in a domestic dispute with his girlfriend while playing as a member of the Chicago White Sox. I'm sure somebody else on this website has heard the story before but while playing for the White Sox in the early stages of his career 1990 - 1991 he was involved in some inappropriate behavior.

Huh.

Got any news about President Kennedy's visit to Dallas, too?

:rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
05-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Sammy might be going to the DL:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2056684

Lip

I want Mags back
05-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Are u guys trying to tell me when the Cubs play the Twins in interleague, u rooted against the Flubs. Come on

BRDSR
05-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Are u guys trying to tell me when the Cubs play the Twins in interleague, u rooted against the Flubs. Come on

Are you trying to tell me when the Cubs play the Twins in interleague, you rooted for the Twins? Come on.

swanson24
05-10-2005, 05:47 PM
In response to what I said earlier I simply meant that Sammy is not a great role model and I am tired of the media portraying him as the lovable warm and friendly guy. He does have a shaded past and just because Sammy hops skips and jumps after a home run does not make him a good guy. Sorry Cubs Fans / Oriole Fans / Baseball Fans.

fquaye149
05-10-2005, 07:11 PM
Are you trying to tell me when the Cubs play the Twins in interleague, you rooted for the Twins? Come on.

when did the cubs play the twins in interleague? If i'm not mistaken AL Central teams only get one set of serieses against one NL Central opponent - The Sox get the Cubs, the Twins get the Brew Crew.