PDA

View Full Version : ESPN.com's Daily Quickie

skottyj242
05-09-2005, 12:30 PM
I don't know if anybody has seen this yet but a good little clip of our beloved Good Guys:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/quickie

SOXSINCE'70
05-09-2005, 12:43 PM
I would appreciate it if the idiots at the Eastern Seaboard
Putz Network would drop the term "ChiSox".Pale Hose is much
better,at least to my ear.If I ever hear a White Sox fan
call them the "ChiSox",every blood vessel in my head would
burst.Hey ESPN!!Let's cut the cute sCrUBbie crap!! :angry:

MIgrenade
05-09-2005, 12:44 PM
That's good, but were also the reverse lock of the day as we are everyday. I think one of the Page 2 guys is a Sox fan so we get some good pub there.

mikehuff
05-09-2005, 12:47 PM
ChiSox Roll On
The line of doubters resembles the line for Star Wars tickets -- long and eager. But at some point, they'll come around that Chicago is having one of "those years."

"They can't keep this up!"
News flash: They are.

The latest: 8th straight win on Sunday, tying the best start in franchise history (24-7). Mark Buehrle pitches again into the eighth and improves to 5-1.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little by little the Sox will get more positive press this year, but I expect the trend to continue throughout the season no matter what happens.

Baby Fisk
05-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Chicago is having one of "those years."

Is that good or bad? Does it mean one of those years eg. 1984 Tigers, or one of those years eg. 2001 Mariners? :?:

MUScholar21
05-09-2005, 01:58 PM
I generally read Shanoff's Quickie every day, and he has been one of the few over in Bristol who is aware of who the best team in Chicago is. As far as Olney goes, he is very good at being unbiased-doesn't spend nearly as much time on the Red Sox or Yankees (which isn't saying much). I think he is one of those guys who just tries to find the story that is being unreported.