"Uh Oh.....Bye Bye"

"Thats Deep.....2-0"

"Uh Oh....Come On...See Ya"

Get well soon Hawk!

My favorite:

"Offense! Instant!!"

HebrewHammer
05-09-2005, 08:37 AM
I'm sure I'll get this one partly wrong, but its time this classic from last year was dusted off:

"'It's like Brian Roberts is just some kind of alien and we are just earthly beings at his mercy."

:hawk

"..."

itsnotrequired
05-09-2005, 08:52 AM
I'm sure I'll get this one partly wrong, but its time this classic from last year was dusted off:

"'It's like Brian Roberts is just some kind of alien and we are just earthly beings at his mercy."

"..."

That is one of my all time favorites. Ever since I first saw it.:wink:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=398789&postcount=9

BaseballTonyght
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Found this quote from the booth online...

Hawk: There's Russell Crowe. Gladiator was a great movie.
DJ: So was Mystery Alaska, I told you about that movie.
Hawk: Yeah. I haven't seen it.
DJ: Well those are my two favorite Russell Crowe movies
Hawk: My all-time favorite is still.... ET
DJ: He wasn't in that!
Hawk: So? It's still my favorite.
DJ: Can you do an ET impression?
Hawk: No.
DJ: I can.
Hawk: Okay.
DJ: ET Phone Home, ET Phone Home
Hawk: (silence)
DJ: Did you see my finger light up?
Hawk: I'll show you a finger.

NonetheLoaiza
05-09-2005, 11:22 AM
The 'If Aaron doesn't get this guy in, I'm gonna eat this paper' line was great...

mmm, that's good paper.

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 11:39 AM
DJ; "It seems like Dye has someone doing voodoo on him"
--during Dye's horrible streak period

Yesterday he referred to something that shouldve been called "old school" as "old style"....mustve had the booze on the mind.

Yerterday Mr Jinx in the 9th up 5-4
"well Rios wants his first homer of the season right now"

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
The 'If Aaron doesn't get this guy in, I'm gonna eat this paper' line was great...

mmm, that's good paper.

Yeah that one was great and it started with an idiotic comment by DJ.
:DJ
"Well hawk this is an easy RBI situation for Aaron(guy on third with 1 out)"

-laughing "Easy RBI??? theres no such thing as an easy RBI DJ"

"Well I'm so sure he will pick up this RBI that if he doesnt, I'll eat this paper"

---Aaron doesnt pick him up

crunch sound---"mmm thats good paper."

SOXSINCE'70
05-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Perhaps a better title might be:

Darrin Jackson's greatest misses.:D:

Hawk,don't ever leave the booth again!!!Ever!!!:whiner: :whiner:

SOXSINCE'70
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Found this quote from the booth online...

That "I'll show you a finger" line almost brought back memories
of Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall.:cool: :cool:

Shorty1983
05-09-2005, 11:50 AM
My favorite:

"Offense! Instant!!"

:kneeslap:
Hawk we miss you dearly, come back!

irish rover
05-09-2005, 12:15 PM
this is sorta off topic but it is related to bad announcers

Bors and Burnsey had played audio on a guy filling in for the sports anchor on the news

His "bomb goes the dynamite" for a shot during an NBA game highlight is pretty funny audio

mweflen
05-09-2005, 12:17 PM
you know, i'm starting to like DJ more and more. I never disliked him, and I appreciate that he's just kind of a goofball. And it's always fun when Hawk picks on him.

jake27
05-09-2005, 04:09 PM
for me DJ is so bad hes good. i dont mind him now

BaseballTonyght
05-09-2005, 04:25 PM
you know, i'm starting to like DJ more and more. I never disliked him, and I appreciate that he's just kind of a goofball. And it's always fun when Hawk picks on him.

I agree completely. He's a goofy bastard, but he's our goofy bastard.

MIgrenade
05-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I dont mind him until he has to call a homerun or really any type of hit. He seems confused. The "UH OH" has to go unless its followed by something that doesn't suck.

My favorite, firs game in Toronto he said Cory Koskie was from Manitinoba, Canadia. Never heard of it.

ChicagoHoosier
05-09-2005, 06:27 PM
Wonder if DJ would ever read this or catch wind of this thread? He just did the "Uh Oh" when Rowand was up and hit it to the warning track. Like someone else mentioned... Is "Uh Oh" a good thing or bad thing for the Sox?

soltrain21
05-10-2005, 11:58 AM
I think DJ has been really funny as of late. Just some of the things he says in normal conversation during the game has had me on the floor.

The Wonder Twins thing was easily the best, though.

bayzbol44
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I think some people have seen some of my posts before. I think Hawk is horrible and DJ is bad too. However, DJ has been good on Fox. I think a lot of fans just get used to him. However, having horrible announcers like this makes us a joke in this town, in my opinion. Either way, they are good to laugh at.

spongyfungy
05-10-2005, 12:19 PM
I think DJ has been really funny as of late. Just some of the things he says in normal conversation during the game has had me on the floor.

The Wonder Twins thing was easily the best, though.

I was laughing pretty hard when he said that. That just solidified him as the ultimate nerd. You think Hawk would put up with that?

jenmcm76
05-10-2005, 12:34 PM
My favorite, firs game in Toronto he said Cory Koskie was from Manitinoba, Canadia. Never heard of it.

Yeah, I liked the Manitinoba comment too, but my vote goes to the Russel Crowe/ET/middle finger dialogue.

Another good one from last night's game, regarding Neal Cotts's delivery:
"He's got a little funky funky"

daveeym
05-10-2005, 12:39 PM
I was laughing pretty hard when he said that. That just solidified him as the ultimate nerd. You think Hawk would put up with that?Thats exactly it, DJ is a huge NERD. So some of his jokes miss the mark entirely and some require too much thought or are rather obscure.

Palehose13
05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
I agree completely. He's a goofy bastard, but he's our goofy bastard.

Yep. I've grown to love him.

And for thsoe of you that don't like the Sox broadcasting duo or think they mkes us a laughing stock...pffft. I listen for entertainment, and they sure do entertain. I have to watch the game son the MLB package and many of the out of town announcers...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....

FoulTerritory
05-10-2005, 12:58 PM
Don't forget the call on Dye's homerun in Toronto:

"Uh Oh! Bye Bye, Jermaine Dye!"

GregoryEtc
05-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Last night when that ball got by Jermaine in right and then he threw it to Iguchi and he bobbled it. Just a bad play all around but to top it off, the PBP on that play was dreadful. He stumbled over the name of everyone involved. I turned to my wife and said, "including the play by play, there were 7 errors on that play."

I'd have really liked to hear more of Robin last night. He really seemed to have a lot of insight but DJ wouldn't shut up long enough for him to say anything. It was Robin's first regular season game in the booth and he sounded more comfortable than DJ after how many years of it?

"Robin took the red eye to get here and then slept alldangday and then came here and ate everydangthing in sight."

JohnBasedowYoda
05-10-2005, 04:31 PM

mmm, that's good paper.

i remember that....a little bit of everyone died when that happened.

petekat
05-11-2005, 12:15 PM
on the contrary, Robin was brutal, that is, when he spoke at all. There were plenty of opportunities for him to contribue, DJ had to go on because Robin wouldnt say anything. To be fair, it must be a lot harder to do color ... given Robin and the Pope's challenges with the microphone, despite being personable guys...maybe we oughta give DJ some props--the job is a lot harder than it looks. DJ certainly has improved considerably since his first few years

Last night when that ball got by Jermaine in right and then he threw it to Iguchi and he bobbled it. Just a bad play all around but to top it off, the PBP on that play was dreadful. He stumbled over the name of everyone involved. I turned to my wife and said, "including the play by play, there were 7 errors on that play."

I'd have really liked to hear more of Robin last night. He really seemed to have a lot of insight but DJ wouldn't shut up long enough for him to say anything. It was Robin's first regular season game in the booth and he sounded more comfortable than DJ after how many years of it?

"Robin took the red eye to get here and then slept alldangday and then came here and ate everydangthing in sight."

skottyj242
05-11-2005, 12:38 PM
For the life of me I can't remember what they said but DJ and the Pope were absolutely killing me on Saturday, I was actually laughing out loud. Oh that's right they were talking about Ozzie hitting a ball in Toronto that never came down and Ozzie telling the story. It was hilarious.

DaleJRFan
05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
Wonder if DJ would ever read this or catch wind of this thread? He just did the "Uh Oh" when Rowand was up and hit it to the warning track. Like someone else mentioned... Is "Uh Oh" a good thing or bad thing for the Sox?

For what its worth, I thought that was a homer off the bat too... whether or not he overreacts to routine flyballs is irrelevant. Hawk does the same thing. "Stretch stretch..."

Chisox003
05-11-2005, 06:14 PM
This thread has me rollin! DJ is awesome....Add Hawk, what a duo....

My favorite DJ moment, I didnt see it mentioned, was last year, and I KNOW you guys remember it...

Arnie Munoz, getting ROCKED by the Expos in Montreal....At this point, the Sox were down big, so DJ tries changing the mood....

DJ: Hey, you wanna hear a joke?
Hawk: (Silence)
DJ: What did the snail say when he was riding on the turtle's back?
Hawk: (silence)
DJ: WEEEEEEEEEE! WEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

:threadrules:

SoxxoS
05-11-2005, 07:21 PM
I had MLB TV on, but I wasn't watching because I was studying for finals. Therefore, I just had the audio from the game, from DJ and Robin. Well, I had to stop studying b/c if you weren't watching the video, I was freaking out every time the D'Rays touched the bat with the ball..."Uh oh!!!" And caught by Rowand.

Don't look at the screen next time DJ is doing color. Whoa.

Sorry, he needs to go.

batmanZoSo
05-11-2005, 07:39 PM

Robin's a delightful guy who doesn't try too hard to be clever (cough, DJ, cough). I think he could be good with Hawk.

Rocklive99
05-11-2005, 09:42 PM
"Next thing you know, tomorow we're gonna walk into the clubhouse and see a bunch of IVs hanging around"

*silence*