PDA

View Full Version : CBS' Scott Miller on Sox

Spicoli
05-09-2005, 07:40 AM
Here's the link:

http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8456057

WikdChiSoxFan
05-09-2005, 08:54 AM
Hey let's start out an article praising the Sox with....a reference to Cub history!!!

Kinda ridiculous eh? Your thoughts Hangar?

elrod
05-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Man, read through the message board. What a bunch of idiots. I love the troll who whines that the Sox haven't played anybody good. And the Cubs played the mighty Pirates, Astros, Reds and Brewers.

DrCrawdad
05-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Man, read through the message board. What a bunch of idiots. I love the troll who whines that the Sox haven't played anybody good. And the Cubs played the mighty Pirates, Astros, Reds and Brewers.

Yeah, two series against those lousy Twins...

Banix12
05-09-2005, 10:23 AM

I love how everybody has been going on about how the sox haven't played anybody good but most of these people were the same group that picked them to finish behind Cleveland and Detroit. So at least by their preseason judgements they are both better than the sox. There are teams out there who literally haven't faced anybody good and they have worse records than the sox. 24-7, no matter what teams you face, is an incredible feat.

Goose
05-09-2005, 11:05 AM

Well, they have a point, even though we played the Royals a few times, we have not played the Yankees or Cubs at all yet this year.

EDIT: Teal is appropriate...sorry!

MUScholar21
05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
The worst part of the "didn't play anyone good" argument is the fact that they have done all their damage on teams in their division-teams that the White Sox GAVE the losing records. Look at this:
vs. White Sox Overall
Tigers 1-4 14-16
Indians 2-4 12-18
Royals 0-6 8-23
Twins 1-4 19-11
Mariners 1-2 13-18
Blue Jays 0-3 16-16
Oakland 2-1 14-17

How many people were telling the world how great the Tigers were before the season, or the Indians, Twins, Mariners, and even Oakland to some extent? These teams listed have a total of 119 losses this season, and 23 of those come courtesy of the White Sox-that means the White Sox account for almost 20% of those losses. So the next time someone tells you they haven't played anyone good, gently explain to them this fact and tell them they can shove it up their....

MUsoxfan
05-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Well, they have a point, even though we played the Royals a few times, we have not played the Yankees or Cubs at all yet this year.

:?: Are you serious, or are you unaware of the sarcasm font on this board?

jcw218
05-09-2005, 11:28 AM
How about these numbers in the midst of Chicago's best-in-baseball start: Slugger Paul Konerko has nine home runs, one of which allowed him to snap a horrific 0-for-26 slump in Saturday's victory against Toronto Just another case of a reproter not doing his homework. Paul broke out of the 0-for-25 slump with a bloop hit during Friday's win in Toronto.

MIgrenade
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM

EDIT: Teal is appropriate...sorry!

I hear sirens...

kojak
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
Just another case of a reproter not doing his homework. Paul broke out of the 0-for-25 slump with a bloop hit during Friday's win in Toronto.

It is more convenient for this writer that the slump be broken Saturday instead

FarWestChicago
05-09-2005, 12:46 PM

EDIT: Teal is appropriate...sorry!Not Teal!!

:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

Goose
05-09-2005, 01:24 PM
Not Teal!!

:tealpolice:

:tealtutor:

I feel shame...:anon:

fox2
05-09-2005, 02:44 PM
Of course what Twins' fans fail to mention is that they also have only played two above-.500 teams this year. They're 2-1 against the Angels and 1-4 against you-know-who. And while the Sox were sweeping the Jays they were up against the all-powerful D-Rays!