PDA

View Full Version : David Wells gives Burly mad props

SoxxoS
05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
It's possible he has a little brain under that haze of beer and whatever else (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2055896)

"When are people going to realize that Mark Buehrle (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6525) is one of the best pitchers in baseball?" asks David Wells. "He is my pick to win the Cy Young with 22 or 23 wins."

Brian26
05-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Generally, I like to say there's plenty of room on the bandwagon. However, with Wells flirting with 400 lbs lately, I'm not really sure there is.

SouthSide4Life
05-08-2005, 08:57 PM
when are people going to realize that David Wells is a fat mess?

MarkZ35
05-08-2005, 08:57 PM
It's possible he has a little brain under that haze of beer and whatever else (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2055896) It's nice to see other players realizing what the Sox and their pitchers are doing now but I don't think there flying under the radar anymore.

batmanZoSo
05-08-2005, 08:58 PM
It's possible he has a little brain under that haze of beer and whatever else (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=2055896)

The numbers all back that up, plain and simple. Didn't he have the second best road ERA in baseball last year? I'm glad Buehrle is having things go his way this year and not losing games where he pitches well. Of course that's happening for every pitcher so far. He just might reach 20 games.

MUsoxfan
05-08-2005, 09:03 PM
David Wells has always been one of my favorite players. (Possibly because he's a fat drunk like myself :rolleyes:) I've always appreciated his honesty and his openness.

CubKilla
05-08-2005, 09:31 PM
Alot of people seem to forget that MB has credited "fatass" when he was a member of the White Sox on helping him become the pitcher he has become through the years.

slavko
05-08-2005, 09:32 PM
Wells was Buehrle's unofficial mentor during his short time here. And the admiration between HIM and Buehrle is mutual.

White Sox Josh
05-08-2005, 09:36 PM
There pitching styles are similar.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-08-2005, 09:44 PM
There pitching styles are similar.
That's fine with me, as long as their physiques aren't.

shoota
05-08-2005, 09:46 PM
David Wells has always been one of my favorite players. (Possibly because he's a fat drunk like myself :rolleyes:) I've always appreciated his honesty and his openness.

I'm a David Wells fan too.

soxtalker
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Wells was Buehrle's unofficial mentor during his short time here. And the admiration between HIM and Buehrle is mutual.

While most Sox fans seem to have nothing good to say about David Wells, I've always remembered his stay here as being quite positive because he had a good effect on the young pitchers -- particularly Buerhle.

doublem23
05-08-2005, 10:41 PM
Alot of people seem to forget that MB has credited "fatass" when he was a member of the White Sox on helping him become the pitcher he has become through the years.

Agreed. A lot of people seem down on that Wells trade, and while David was never the pitcher we hoped he'd be, it payed huge dividends in the growth of Mark Buehrle.

soltrain21
05-08-2005, 10:49 PM
It's nice to see other players realizing what the Sox and their pitchers are doing now but I don't think there flying under the radar anymore.

Impossible to fly under the radar when you are the best team in baseball.

owensmouth
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
While most Sox fans seem to have nothing good to say about David Wells, I've always remembered his stay here as being quite positive because he had a good effect on the young pitchers -- particularly Buerhle.That, plus the simple fact that since KW paid him 2 million to take a hike he has had a better record than any pitcher on the Sox staff.

mrwag
05-09-2005, 07:54 AM
MB's a good pitcher, but I don't think that Garland can be overlooked either. The way he's pitching, I think he has a better chance of hitting 22-23 wins.

wdelaney72
05-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Wells was a complete tool the year he was here. You know it's bad when KW was very eager to publicly say "I think it's safe to assume he'll never wear a White Sox uniform again".

If MB and Wells hit it off and it helped MB become the pitcher he is today, that's great. I still think Wells is a complete turd.

chuckn98229
05-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Say what you want about Boomer, but to his everlasting credit, he called Moronotti 'Kotex Boy' on his radio show back then.

wdelaney72
05-09-2005, 10:20 AM
Say what you want about Boomer, but to his everlasting credit, he called Moronotti 'Kotex Boy' on his radio show back then.

While that's prettty funny, he also had the nerve to call out Frank Thomas when the reality was he had a torn triceps... then he got injured himself. Why was he injured? Becuase he showed up for the season overweight, out of shape, and completely unprepared for baseball. He let us down and was a jagoff in the process. It's also been publicly stated that he had one of his own buddies call up MJH to stir stuff up.

He's a turd. Plain and simple.

jackbrohamer
05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I can't get past the rest of the column, with Gammons acting as a mouthpiece for MLB and basically saying there's no way to show any big names were on steroids in the past. What a tool.

JoseCanseco6969
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
To look on the plus side of having Wells from that trade is that Siro never pitched again after that, we got was a few wins, some trash talk against Moron, and most importantly a veteran mentor for our ace pitcher....Good job KW! I'm glad you made that trade.