PDA

View Full Version : are you as excited ?

soxwon
05-08-2005, 07:55 PM
Are you as excited now at 24-7 then when we first started hot?

When will we lose?

its weird when we lost 3 in a row and started this streak, it seemed more exciting.
we are allways winning now, im not used to it.

im sure someone will post This Thread Sucks

soltrain21
05-08-2005, 07:57 PM
I get a little more excited after each game. Every game we win right now is one less we have to worry about later in the year.

It is hard to believe that this team could go in any extended slump outside of losing 2 or 3 in a row..and that is a GREAT thing!

mealfred13
05-08-2005, 08:02 PM
I kinda know what you mean. It's gotten to the point where I EXPECT us to win, so when we don't I get EXTREMELY angry...

In a way it's not as exciting as when we win some and lose some, but overall, it's freaking awesome that we have such a solid team for the first time in years. I love it!:supernana:

bayzbol44
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
As excited as can be!!! :dtroll:

I have been in a great mood for weeks now. I love this!!!!:D: :D:

I will just prepare myself for some losses. It will happen. However, no matter what these negative Chicago thinking people say, I am going to enjoy it. I am tired of the negative thinking. I am not going to cheer for my team like that anymore. IF they disappoint me at the end or in the middle of the season, I will live with it. I would rather feel the way I do now, than trying to watch this team with only 7 wins.

elrod
05-08-2005, 08:42 PM
Well, I have to say that the players are keeping some perspective at least. They keep saying they're taking it one game at a time. That's good. The Twins are only 4.5 behind us so we can't let up.

PAPChiSox729
05-08-2005, 08:46 PM
As excited as can be!!! :dtroll:

Just a note:

:dtroll: means the poster is a troll. It doesn't express excitement or enjoyment. That is why we have these guys,

:bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance:

MiamiSpartan
05-08-2005, 08:54 PM
This thread sucks.

No just kidding...I'm getting really excited. Reminds me of 83. Just ordered a Sox magnet for my car.

MeanFish
05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, I have to say that the players are keeping some perspective at least. They keep saying they're taking it one game at a time. That's good. The Twins are only 4.5 behind us so we can't let up.

I think that's part of what's fueling this team -- the constant threat of the Twins behind them. I'd go so far as to say that the White Sox and Twins are making each other much better teams than they would be without each other putting the pressure on.

4.5 games up...and we've got a 5-1 record against them this year. That six game series is essentially the difference between the two teams so far.

gobears1987
05-08-2005, 09:54 PM
The Twins, by the way have been playing great ball, too...and not gaining any ground. How'd you like to be 19-11 and still 4.5 games back?
I'd be ****ing pissed if that happened. THe Twins would be only .5 back if they had swept the Sox thus far. Either way, it's great for the Central. The Wildcard team will come from this division and Gammons will drop a load on BBTN.

swanson24
05-08-2005, 10:53 PM
The season is a marathon but I have got to say I am excited! At the college I'm at right now I am driving everybody (mostly Cardinals and Cubs fans) nuts by pointing out how well the White Sox are doing. I try to wear my Swanson 24 jersey after every win but if they keep this up that jersey is going to smell rank! So yeah I'm excited!

White Sox Josh
05-08-2005, 10:54 PM
I expect nothing less than 155-7. Anything less is a failure.

Dub25
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
I expect nothing less than 155-7. Anything less is a failure.

Whatever, the law of averages are going to turn this winning into a rest of season losing streak. They will finish 24-138.

Seriously it is May 8th and they have already had two 8 game winning streaks. I'm very excited.

balke
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
Just a note:

:dtroll: means the poster is a troll. It doesn't express excitement or enjoyment. That is why we have these guys,

:bandance: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance:

It took me forever to figure that out when I first came here.

SoxBoy14
05-08-2005, 11:15 PM
The '83 Sox were - I seem to recall - 4 games out at the All-Star break and won the division by 20 games. What made that team great though is what makes this team great - solid starting pitching 1-5! They have a starting staff that will not allow a long losing streak. 94 wins and the first World Series appearance since 1959. After that, I don't know. I need to go back to my White Sox prayer group.

rwcescato
05-08-2005, 11:27 PM
I kinda know what you mean. It's gotten to the point where I EXPECT us to win, so when we don't I get EXTREMELY angry...

In a way it's not as exciting as when we win some and lose some, but overall, it's freaking awesome that we have such a solid team for the first time in years. I love it!:supernana:

Talk about getting upset when we lose. Now I am getting upset when we give up 3 or more runs. I do expect us to win now and the rest of baseball expects us to lose 100 games in a row. Its ok the rest of baseball is happy, the flubbies won today

Foulke You
05-08-2005, 11:39 PM
I am very excited about this club. It is nice to see this team come together exactly as I hoped it would coming into the season. The 2005 club reminds me more of the 2000 team because that team jumped out to a lead in the division with a hot start and lead wire to wire. I'm hoping that happens again. However, this club can do more damage in the postseason than the 2000 team because it is built around deep starting pitching and a run manufactering type offense.

This team is just absolutely rolling right now. This is the type of run we were dreaming about in '03 and '04 but never materialized. As a previous poster pointed out, with our pitching staff, it doesn't seem likely that a huge losing streak could be upon us. I'm just praying the injury bug doesn't bite us more than it already has.

The Racehorse
05-09-2005, 09:57 AM
Are you as excited now at 24-7 then when we first started hot?

When will we lose?

its weird when we lost 3 in a row and started this streak, it seemed more exciting.
we are allways winning now, im not used to it.

Am I excited? Is pig pork?

When will we lose? I dunno, but when we do lose a game, hopefully it will be as discernable as Refrigerator Perry dropping 15lbs.

Maybe it's just me, but when the SOX lost 3 in a row, it seemed like it was 10 in a row... and that was after the first 8 game winning streak.

Go SOX! :bandance:

Harry Chappas
05-09-2005, 11:58 AM
Of course! The Sox are hot and the Yankees and Cubs are cold. It's shaping up to be a great year!

I'm more optimistic this year than any time in recent memory. This is due mainly to my belief that we have the best pitching staff, top to bottom, in the the American League. Buerhle and Garcia are legit #1s, Contreras is a #2 (when he's focused), and Hernandez and Garland are #3s (who are pitching like #1s). There's really no drop-off in our bullpen. Plus, these guys seem to genuinely like one another. Add a solid middle infield and greatly improved team speed and it adds up to a very entertaining Summer that hopefully doesn't end until October.

05-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Whn will we lose? It will be VERY hard to take 4 in a rown from Baltimore, there club is no joke, and sweeping the Rays is never easy...if we can take 2 out of 3 from Tampa and at least split with Baltimore, then it's a successful week...The big test wil be the set against the California Los Angeles OC Angels...that damn West Coast Hex