PDA

View Full Version : Tony Pena - Royals WILL be better

Fenway
05-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Walking down, appropriately, Rush Street in Chicago the morning after another one-run loss to the Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Royals manager Tony Pena was thinking of ways he could remedy his team's tough start.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/05/08/pena_wont_be_detoured/

MeanFish
05-08-2005, 05:00 PM
Walking down, appropriately, Rush Street in Chicago the morning after another one-run loss to the Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Royals manager Tony Pena was thinking of ways he could remedy his team's tough start.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/articles/2005/05/08/pena_wont_be_detoured/

He's lowered his standards a bit from last year, when right about this time after his team started out playing horribly he exclaimed, "This team WILL make the playoffs!"

WinningUgly!
05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
He's lowered his standards a bit from last year, when right about this time after his team started out playing horribly he exclaimed, "This team WILL make the playoffs!"

Yep. I just dug up the quote...

“We are going to win the Central,” he said.

Um, excuse me? “We are going to win it.”

Is that a guarantee?

“Look into my eyes,” he said. His eyes looked quite serious or at least as serious as eyes get. “We are going to win it,” he said again

Daver
05-08-2005, 05:25 PM
I like the new sig WU.

You should make me a new one.

:redneck

RKMeibalane
05-08-2005, 06:21 PM
I think Pena's probably gone if the Royals don't show improvement this season. He had a nice run between 02-03 after taking over for Tony Muser, but people are running out of patience in Royals land. If you ask me, though, I think that David Glass is the one who should be leaving town. He has more than enough money to compete with New York and Boston, but he doesn't care enough to spend it.

I suppose Glass has the right to spend his money as he sees fit, but I've never understood why some people get into the ownership business, and then they sit on their money while their fanbase erodes.

:reinsy

"Yeah, I don't understand that, either."

ExpoPuddingHead
05-08-2005, 09:35 PM
I only have one thing to say about this.

I don't doubt Pena because it is pretty obvious that the Royals will be better than they are now. The only reason i think so is because they really can't get any worse.

voodoochile
05-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I only have one thing to say about this.

I don't doubt Pena because it is pretty obvious that the Royals will be better than they are now. The only reason i think so is because they really can't get any worse.

Yes, just as it is doubtful that the Sox will win 125 games this regular season, it is equally unlikely the Royals will lose that many, so they will probably improve somewhat between now and October...

doublem23
05-08-2005, 10:38 PM
:roflmao:

Finally snapped.