PDA

View Full Version : i suggest that anyone who isn't watching...

soltrain21
05-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Zambrano is trying to go for a complete game...currently has 120 pitches.

Guy on 2nd, 0 outs. Cubs are up 2-1

You may want to tune in...it could get hilarious.

patbooyah
05-08-2005, 03:16 PM
... turn on the cubs game.

soltrain21
05-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Chrimady...Zambrano's strike zone is huge.

patbooyah
05-08-2005, 03:20 PM
come on!

it sucks watching teams like the phillies try to win when i'm so used to the sox magic. they can't even hit a ball out of the infield.

good to see dusty isn't afraid to blow out another pitcher's arm

patbooyah
05-08-2005, 03:21 PM
also- the shaved head thing only works when the whole team does it. not when 20% participate.

soltrain21
05-08-2005, 03:21 PM
come on!

it sucks watching teams like the phillies try to win when i'm so used to the sox magic. they can't even hit a ball out of the infield.

I was thinking the same thing. He ended up throwing around 130 pitches. Zambrano sure is pumped for ending a 7 game losing streak. That guy needs to chill the hell out.

TDog
05-08-2005, 03:39 PM
I was thinking the same thing. He ended up throwing around 130 pitches. Zambrano sure is pumped for ending a 7 game losing streak. That guy needs to chill the hell out.

ESPN reported 135 pitches. But what choice does Dusty have? Put in a reliever and Cubs lose, apparently.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-08-2005, 03:40 PM
I guess he learned nothing from the public flogging the media gave him this spring, when someone pointed out how many 125-135 pitch games Wood and Prior had thrown in the last two years.

Seriously, if this were Ozzie doing the same to Buehrle and Garland, they'd all be pointing to his inexperience handling a pitching staff, and accusing him of jeopardizing their careers. Dusty, for some reason, is awarded a free pass.

Anyway, it's more likely Zambrano will blow out his arm during one of his patented "fist-pumps" after striking out a .190 hitter.

Kogs35
05-08-2005, 03:41 PM
during the 7th inning stretch on wgn they had a shot of a sign in the crowd that said "my son is a sox fan". if ur wondering how i know that my sis's future bro in law is over watching the game since he is from philly.

PAPChiSox729
05-08-2005, 03:44 PM
ESPN reported 135 pitches. But what choice does Dusty have? Put in a reliever and Cubs lose, apparently.

Their bullpen is that pathetic. No way I would trust anyone in that pen with a one run lead. Zambrano is going to get tired out eventually, but I can't really blame Dusty for leaving him in there. Besides, they aren't going anywhere this year anyways...

C-Dawg
05-08-2005, 03:57 PM
Chrimady...Zambrano's strike zone is huge.

Ha ha, Pat Hughes on the radio was saying that the umpires were squeezing Zambrano with an ever-shrinking strike zone. Its not possible Hughes could be biased in favor of the Cubs, is it?

JRIG
05-08-2005, 04:03 PM
Ha ha, Pat Hughes on the radio was saying that the umpires were squeezing Zambrano with an ever-shrinking strike zone. Its not possible Hughes could be biased in favor of the Cubs, is it?

At the same time, the TV guys were commenting on how the home plate umpire was calling anything close a strike. And he was.

peeonwrigley
05-08-2005, 04:18 PM
At the same time, the TV guys were commenting on how the home plate umpire was calling anything close a strike. And he was.

Therein lies the power of radio... just tell the minions what they want to hear, chances are they can't see it for themselves so they'll be taking your word for it.

Jjav829
05-08-2005, 05:11 PM
Someone might want to alert Charlie Manuel to the fact that he has a player named Pat Burrell on his bench who: A.)has had a good start to his season B.)would have been much more likely to hit a sac fly or HR than Ryan Howard and C.)is not Jose Offerman.

Really, I don't care that Offerman and Howard are lefties. Burrell has been the Phillies best hitter thus far, and with a chance to at least tie and possibly win the game, he leaves Burrell standing in the on deck circle as Ryan Howard and Jose Offerman bat. Very bad move.

JUribe1989
05-08-2005, 05:41 PM
LOL, those north side skinheads really make me laugh. Michael Barrett looks like such an idiot.

shoota
05-09-2005, 01:44 AM
LOL, those north side skinheads really make me laugh. Michael Barrett looks like such an idiot.

I missed the game, but I did see a recap of it on Comcast. As Barrett met Zambrano at the mound after the game, Z took off his hat, waited for Barrett to do the same, and then they leaned their bald heads together, showing affection for the Cubs win like they were a couple of Coneheads. How ****ing Fruity. The North Side saps eat that kind of thing up. Just makes me want to hurl.

I was pleased to see the last good Cubbie arm throw 135 today.

shoota
05-09-2005, 01:46 AM
my sis's future bro in law

:?:

:tongue:

irish rover
05-09-2005, 08:44 AM
I like his enthus, but I wouldn't be suprised the next time he bats he gets put on his ass.