PDA

View Full Version : Sportcenter on Buerhle

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 11:51 AM
Sportscenter is doing a piece on Buerhle right now!

White Sox Josh
05-08-2005, 11:55 AM
Could you give us the highlites of it.

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 11:58 AM
They talked about how quickly he works. Plenty of interviews with teammates (AJ, Paulie, A Row) and Don Cooper. The teammates said it is great because they don't get distracted between pitches and helps them stay focused on the game. Cooper compared him to Michael Jordan (as a basketball player, not a baseball player) in terms of getting into a "zone" working it. Mark seems amused by how batters try to slow him by pretending to have dust in their eyes, etc. He says it does not mess with him at all.

They finished with a review the starting rotation and could not be more complimentary.

Overall, it sounded like a WSI posting!:D:

I'm starting to like this national recognition.

firejauron
05-08-2005, 12:26 PM
Yeah, that was some good stuff on Sportscenter. I'm not a Sox fan who gets too wrapped up in hating on the Cubs or who get's PO'd at all of the attention they get, but it is funny to hear ESPN talking about the two streaking Chicago teams (our winning, Cubs losing streak) heading in opposite directions.

jabrch
05-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Overall, it sounded like a WSI posting!:D:

Except it didn't have the group of negative mopes waiting to chime in and pee on everyone elses parade by having to find something negative when nothing negative actually exists.

FarWestChicago
05-08-2005, 12:58 PM
Except it didn't have the group of negative mopes waiting to chime in and pee on everyone elses parade by having to find something negative when nothing negative actually exists.Damnit, they are FOLIP free. :o:

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 01:06 PM
Damnit, they are FOLIP free. :o:
What is FOLIP? Someone asked that the other day on another thread, did not see an answer.....

FarWestChicago
05-08-2005, 01:18 PM
What is FOLIP? Someone asked that the other day on another thread, did not see an answer.....Look it up.

BearSox
05-08-2005, 01:31 PM
Look it up.

The dictionary page isn't working right now, I'm guessing it means Friends of Lip?

Like FOBB Friends of Billy Beane...

FarWestChicago
05-08-2005, 02:06 PM
The dictionary page isn't working right nowIt works fine.

WhteSox725
05-08-2005, 02:56 PM
The dictionary page isn't working right now, I'm guessing it means Friends of Lip?

Like FOBB Friends of Billy Beane...

It's probably right under my nose but I can't find it. Where is the dictionary page?

BearSox
05-08-2005, 04:08 PM
It works fine.

I was using the link on the users guide page, that wasn't working, all the other dictionary links are working.

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 04:25 PM
It's probably right under my nose but I can't find it. Where is the dictionary page?
Look in the upper right-hand corner next to the banner.

chisoxfanatic
05-08-2005, 04:26 PM
SC & BB2N BETTER give this team some recognition...They're doing a whole lot right and very little wrong, which is apparent by their 24-7 record!!!

:supernana: Sox!!!

kevingrt
05-08-2005, 05:17 PM
Previewing the afternoon addition of Baseball Tonight, Jay Harris said something like and Karl Ravech and Harold Reynolds will discuss "why the White Sox are the best team in baseball." I thought it was an awesome compliment. All this media praise is crazy. One week we are complaining about no respect, and now the respect is coming from every corner. I can't wait till Jim Hendry says we should have built the Cubs like KW did to the Sox.

Wait, that will come in two weeks. :D:

Ol' No. 2
05-08-2005, 08:44 PM
Previewing the afternoon addition of Baseball Tonight, Jay Harris said something like and Karl Ravech and Harold Reynolds will discuss "why the White Sox are the best team in baseball." I thought it was an awesome compliment. All this media praise is crazy. One week we are complaining about no respect, and now the respect is coming from every corner. I can't wait till Jim Hendry says we should have built the Cubs like KW did to the Sox.

Wait, that will come in two weeks. :D:It had to come sooner or later. It was pretty funny watching them twist themselves into knots trying to ignore the elephant in their living room.

PAPChiSox729
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM

Wait, that will come in two weeks. :D:

Well, we technically are the best team in baseball, so they got it right. But coming from ESPN, that is quite an achievement since we aren't on the East coast. Reynolds ruined it though; he said the Yankees are primed for a strong run because they have won 2 straight.:rolleyes: