PDA

View Full Version : Gustavo Chacin??

GiveMeSox
05-08-2005, 03:21 AM
Is anyone else kind of worried about this guy. He has been pretty darn nasty all year and has some great numbers. He still reminds me though of a guy the league just hasn't seen yet and the second time around everyone will adjust. But so far the advantage is his since there probably aren''t much scouting reports on him. Anyway I think he is going to be really tought on our guys tomorrow and hope we can pull off a victory with whatever we get.

DaleJRFan
05-08-2005, 03:29 AM
As much as I want the Sox to sweep every team, two outa three is awesome on the road. I'm not really worried. Look at it this way: Jon Garland was unhittable prior to today. Someone's gotta get to Chacin, eventually. Why can't it be us?? Plus, we HAMMER lefties.

seanpmurphy
05-08-2005, 03:37 AM
Chacin will give up 2-4 runs a game depending on the offense. Also only one of his wins have come in close games. (8-2 vs. Tampa...8-0 vs. Texas...10-3 vs. Oakland) Win against Tampa 6-3, loss to New York 4-3.

If Buehrle can calm down and pitch like he normally does, Chacin won't have the run support he is used to, and maybe that'll make his confidence wane just enough for a riled up Sox offense to go to work. Plus, when the Sox are clicking offensively (i.e. today!) there's no stopping them.

Point is, Buehrle needs to come out throwing and this tidal wave offense needs to wash over into tomorrow. Let's not over-react to a rookie pitcher.

WikdChiSoxFan
05-08-2005, 04:31 AM
aside from my own personal worries about the white sox losing due to the law of averages, history, other certain inherent pessimisms of being a sox fan,...(actually, with this good a record i've more on edge than ever before)...but all I can add to the comment about Chacin....

Buerhle rules and Chacin sucks...

Down, Down, Down, Chacin is goin' down!!

JoseCanseco6969
05-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Buerhle rules and Chacin sucks...

Now while Buehrle does rule....I highly doubt Chacin sucks. I hope you were joking. He has some really nasty stuff so i hope Mark can hold the Black Jays down till maybe we can squeeze out a couple versus this young man.

Jurr
05-08-2005, 11:09 AM
I have watched him pitch a couple of games this year, and the thing about Chacin is his funky delivery. Yes, I think the league could catch up to him once they get used to his hesitant delivery. People are starting to do that more nowadays...putting a little extra hitch on the windup. If you watch Carlos Silva now, he's doing the same thing. Silva will wind up, then take a little extra nod before he delivers the ball.

Chacin's stuff has been very good so far, though I don't know how long it'll last after the league gets used to his delivery. Hopefully we score a couple of runs and win another 3-2 or 2-1 ballgame.

kevingrt
05-08-2005, 11:23 AM
We have usually in the past been absolutely terrible versus starters we see for the first time. Now we are going to see a pretty talented young guy, but then again we are a whole new team! I think Chacin will pitch well, but I still think we can pull this one out this afternoon. Especially with Burly on the mound and our bullpen isn't taxed, I think we can score three runs today and pull out a nice victory.

na_na_na_na
05-09-2005, 04:05 PM
The Sox looked good against him yesterday. Maybe this will end our tendancy to not hit pitchers we haven't seen before.