PDA

View Full Version : New York Media is acknowledging the WS

FanofBill
05-07-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi all, newbies here. Been trolling this site for a few months and finally posted. Found a good article on the white Sox. Thought you all might enjoy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/08/sports/baseball/08whitesox.html?ex=1116129600&en=de878c59fe5af42e&ei=5099&partner=TOPIX

"The White Sox are winning, winning often, in dramatic and even ugly fashion, because their pitching has been outstanding. Jon Garland is 6-0 and has been as impressive as any pitcher in baseball. Their defense is reliable and their hitters have showed up on time, which is the nicest thing to say about their soft-as-a-sponge lineup."

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 11:31 PM
"The White Sox are winning, winning often, in dramatic and even ugly fashion, because their pitching has been outstanding. Jon Garland is 6-0 and has been as impressive as any pitcher in baseball. Their defense is reliable and their hitters have showed up on time, which is the nicest thing to say about their soft-as-a-sponge lineup."

You suck. That is the nicest thing I could say about your soft-as-a-sponge baseball analysis.

jake27
05-07-2005, 11:32 PM
thanks for the link and :welcome:

Realist
05-07-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the link.

:welcome:

WikdChiSoxFan
05-08-2005, 03:37 AM
I like the PK qoute:

First baseman Paul Konerko addressed a question about searching for respect while never lifting his eyes from the carpet.

"To answer that means I actually care what people think," he said. "I really don't have an answer for that."

You tell 'em paulie! We don't give a rat's ass what the media thinks!

elrod
05-08-2005, 07:11 AM
That's a great article because it praises Ozzie for his managerial work and doesn't dwell, Moronotti-style, on the Maggs incident.

TornLabrum
05-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I like the PK qoute:

You tell 'em paulie! We don't give a rat's ass what the media thinks!

Sounds like KW's attitude is rubbing off: "WE...DON'T...CARE."

hose
05-08-2005, 08:45 AM
The NY media was falling all over themselves when the Yankees picked up Loiaza last season.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-08-2005, 08:50 AM
The NY media was falling all over themselves when the Yankees picked up Loiaza last season.

I seem to recall they had similar sentiments 25 years ago when they got catcher Rick Cerrone from Toronto. He was allegedly the missing piece to the Yankees' championship puzzle (following Munson's plane crash). Dumbasses...

The NY media is full of **** every bit as much as any place else. The only difference is the magnitude of their arrogance.

rwcescato
05-08-2005, 08:58 AM
Sounds like KW's attitude is rubbing off: "WE...DON'T...CARE."

It is a great article. It lets the players tell it like it is.
Thanks for the link.

hose
05-08-2005, 09:03 AM
I seem to recall they had similar sentiments 25 years ago when they got catcher Rick Cerrone from Toronto. He was allegedly the missing piece to the Yankees' championship puzzle (following Munson's plane crash). Dumbasses...

The NY media is full of **** every bit as much as any place else. The only difference is the magnitude of their arrogance.

George that sums it all up.:gulp:

A.T. Money
05-08-2005, 09:10 AM
They seem annoyed by us too. Good!

zach074
05-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Maybe we should change our saying this year from under the radar to We Don't Care!

MeanFish
05-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Maybe we should change our saying this year from under the radar to We Don't Care!

I was watching Major League the other day and had a great idea for a White Sox slogan:

White Sox Baseball: We've Got Uniforms and Everything.

guillen4life13
05-08-2005, 12:04 PM
Been trolling this site for a few months and finally posted.

Lurking, not trolling.

Lurking - reading the content of the boards but never actually posting. This is alright and not looked down upon.

Trolling - posting information on this site that is totally biased in the wrong direction, and putting down the White Sox and showing your obnoxious support for another team without having any substance to back up your claims or the level-headedness to read and contemplate what the other posters have to say. Generally the trolls are either cub fans or twins fans, though there are a couple fans of each team who contribute substance to these boards worth reading.

FanofBill
05-08-2005, 01:30 PM
Lurking, not trolling.

Lurking - reading the content of the boards but never actually posting. This is alright and not looked down upon.

Trolling - posting information on this site that is totally biased in the wrong direction, and putting down the White Sox and showing your obnoxious support for another team without having any substance to back up your claims or the level-headedness to read and contemplate what the other posters have to say. Generally the trolls are either cub fans or twins fans, though there are a couple fans of each team who contribute substance to these boards worth reading.

thanks for the definition, I am definitely lurking then. And no cub fans either.

swanson24
05-08-2005, 01:34 PM
Great first post! Welcome to White Sox Interactive!

:welcome:

For a New York article on the White Sox it seemed positive!

Fenway
05-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Bill Madden in the NY Daily News says on Sunday

One person who deserves much credit for the White Sox's record-setting start is pitching coach Don Cooper whose "work fast, throw strikes" philosophy is being adhered to with a vigiliance by the Sox pitchers. Even that notorious nibbler Jose Contreras walked only one batter Thursday night. Not surprisingly, the White Sox, at 2:34, are playing the fastest games of any team in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. They lead the AL in ERA (2.75) by more than one run per game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/307451p-263063c.html

nasox
05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Lurking, not trolling.

Beat me to it. I was a little confused :unsure: .

Here are some visuals: :lurkers: OK

:dtroll: BAD

thepaulbowski
05-08-2005, 06:13 PM

Chad Pennington is that you? :cool:

ode to veeck
05-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Fan of Bill, Welcome to WSI!, thanks for the link too

kojak
05-09-2005, 02:35 AM
Bill Madden in the NY Daily News says on Sunday

One person who deserves much credit for the White Sox's record-setting start is pitching coach Don Cooper whose "work fast, throw strikes" philosophy is being adhered to with a vigiliance by the Sox pitchers. Even that notorious nibbler Jose Contreras walked only one batter Thursday night. Not surprisingly, the White Sox, at 2:34, are playing the fastest games of any team in the majors, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. They lead the AL in ERA (2.75) by more than one run per game.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/story/307451p-263063c.html

That brings to mind another potential slogan:

"Fast or half-fast, Sox win again"