PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Moment of the season

CubsSuckSoBad
05-07-2005, 08:15 PM
Whats your favorite moment of the season so far?

I know with things going well right now, some may take these moments for granted....

Mine is when Garland pitched the 4 hit shutout in Oakland this year with all the trouble that we have had there in recent years....

9 inning GEM...

Great to watch.....if Garland remains confident and hits his spots like this all year, we're gonna go a LONG way fellas....

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

I want Mags back
05-07-2005, 08:18 PM
Game 2 vs. the Tribe. Those homers by Konerko then Dye, and then we load'em for Uribe who gets the game winning Sac. Fly, Unbelievable

chisoxfanatic
05-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Mine was Buehrle's 1:39 game. Konerko hit 2 solo bombs to provide all the offense needed, and gaining me some fantasy points.

I was at the game and felt like I just had taken my seat, and then all of a sudden, I was walking back home again...I LOVED Buehrle's performance!

Stroker Ace
05-07-2005, 08:34 PM
Mine was Buehrle's 1:39 game. Konerko hit 2 solo bombs to provide all the offense needed, and gaining me some fantasy points.

I was at the game and felt like I just had taken my seat, and then all of a sudden, I was walking back home again...I LOVED Buehrle's performance!That's my choice.

Wsoxmike59
05-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Mine has to be Jon Garland's back to back 4 hit ShO's of the Oakland A's and Detroit Tigers. I was at the Sunday Tigers gem with Soxwon.

I went to the Home Opener as well....so in the two games that I've attended at the Cell, the oposition has yet to score a run!!

To borrow a phrase from Tom Paciorek..."that's pretty good!"
:o:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Favorite game has to be Buehrle's 99-minute masterpiece, since I was there too! But favorite moment? Definitely in the 7th inning of the second game in Minny. Pods got on base with an RBI fielder's choice, flew (almost literally) to third when a pickoff attempt got away, and scored on a wild pitch. Iguchi didn't have to so much as swing the bat!

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 09:16 PM
For me it's the second game of the year where we staged the comeback against Wickman. Right then you got the distinct feeling that something special was happening, especially after the first game in which we managed to eek out 2 winning runs with really nothing going offensively. You could tell this team was different, that they knew how to win games.

MRKARNO
05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
That's my choice.

Ditto.

Garlandfan33
05-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Mine would have to be when Crede came in looking like he was going to tackle the Twins backup catcher. Showed that we had aggresivness.

Brian26
05-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Favorite game has to be Buehrle's 99-minute masterpiece, since I was there too!

I was also there...that's probably my favorite, with Buehrle's opening day gem a close second.

mike squires
05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Game 2 vs. the Tribe. Those homers by Konerko then Dye, and then we load'em for Uribe who gets the game winning Sac. Fly, Unbelievable

Thta's mine too. My little girl had just started her nap and put her down. Not long after I had the volume blaring Hawks calls with little tears in my eyes. Brooklynne didn't budge...

JGarlandrules20
05-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Mine would have to be when Crede came in looking like he was going to tackle the Twins backup catcher. Showed that we had aggresivness.
Backup? That was Mauer if I'm thinking about the same game.

My favorite game would have to be that game Garland started against Seattle. Perfect through six.

kevingrt
05-08-2005, 10:29 AM
The Widger home run versus Oakland was awesome too, but this whole season is a great moment

Banix12
05-08-2005, 10:35 AM
Strangely, pick just about any of the comebacks against Kansas City. In particular I liked the one where Ozuna drove in the winning run with the hit down the 1st base line.

surfdudes
05-08-2005, 10:37 AM
Mine definetly was the 2 runs scored in the eighth inning without a hit against KC to win. That never happens for us. Usually only happens against us. This year, things are different.

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 10:39 AM
My favorite "moment" of the season is still ongoing and has not ended yet. Coincidentally, it started right around the day C. Lee was traded. Check back with me around October 30th when it ends!:D:

TommyJohn
05-08-2005, 03:38 PM
I was at the second game of the season, the comeback against Cleveland.
I cheered with the rest of the peons, while our friend Jay busted his
considerable gut in the pressbox.

I have the 9 game plan, and I took a gamble and bought tix for the last home
game of the season. I sneered while I ordered it, basically disliking myself for
even doing so. Now, I'm hoping that it is a significant game. (crosses fingers)

whtsx1959
05-08-2005, 03:46 PM
My favorite moment would have to be from this weekend, when Konerko brike out of his slump and Buehrle asked for the ball back.

Konerkoholic
05-09-2005, 12:29 AM
Marte tagging out Matt Diaz at the plate in Kansas City to save the game.

jabrch
05-09-2005, 12:36 AM
I don't think I have had mine yet. I hope I have it in late October!

Nard
05-09-2005, 01:01 AM
Marte tagging out Matt Diaz at the plate in Kansas City to save the game.

SOXintheBURGH
05-09-2005, 01:10 AM
Since I see so few games in my location.. the best Sox game I've seen is going to be one of my most memorabal for a long time, which l'd like to annoint with the title of "Mark Buehrle's Masterpiece."

schmitty9800
05-09-2005, 01:48 AM
For me, it was the one on April 30th where I watched the Sox get three runs in the 7th to come back and win. Even better, it has launched the current 8 game winning streak.

Bruck35
05-09-2005, 02:02 AM
My favorite moment wasn't during a game, but rather when Ozzie layed the smack down on Maggs after Maggs picked a fight against the wrong guy. I love to see that kind of fire in a manager, especially after a former player calls out his former team. How refreshing!

SOX ADDICT '73
05-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Mods:

I know dredging up old threads for no good reason is frowned upon, but hear me out. I think this would be an excellent thread to "sticky" in the Clubhouse all season long. That way, WSIers could post new "favorite moments" as they happen. How cool would it be to reflect on a World Championship season with a thread that highlighted all the greatest plays?

Anyways, something for you guys to consider.