PDA

View Full Version : Seven and counting....

MarkZ35
05-07-2005, 04:55 PM
The scrubs are horrible. They just cant win but im not going to complain

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 05:03 PM
A perfect day:

1.THE SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!

2.Twinkies,'Toons,Tiggers and Royals lose
(doesn't happen often,but a fan can dream).

3. THE SCRUBBIES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

slavko
05-07-2005, 07:45 PM
Phillies 8th:ducksnortin', ground ball bootin', seein' eye hittin', fans booin', people leavin', Ronnie whinin'...ya can't beat fun at the old ballpark.

peeonwrigley
05-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Living on the North Side will be even more fun than I anticipated if this keeps up!

Stroker Ace
05-07-2005, 09:43 PM
A perfect day:

1.THE SOX WIN!!!!!!!!!

2.Twinkies,'Toons,Tiggers and Royals lose
(doesn't happen often,but a fan can dream).

3. THE SCRUBBIES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!

:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

You said it!!:D:

C-Dawg
05-07-2005, 11:14 PM
I was at that game today! It was only my second visit to the Crumbling Confines as an adult (saw a few games as a kid in the late-70s). It was cold but seeing the Cubs drop their 7th straight, and watching the scoreboard try to keep up with the Sox score in Toronto made it 100% enjoyable. I decided to go in "under the radar" wearing my faded blue Sox "c" 1987-1990 hat, figuring no one there had been a fan long enough to remember when the hated Sox wore that uniform. A saw a very few other Sox fans there, but probably the 2nd most popular hat I saw there, after the Cubs, was Boston Red Sox.

I have just a few observations about the experience:

1. They really need to upgrade the PA system. It may be loud at the Cell, but at least its crystal clear. The announcements and music are all garbled at Wrigley.

2. Ditto for the replay screens. They have normal-size TV screens positioned at places along the roof so fans can see the replays, etc. However they are much too small to see, and too dim for day games. Yes I know we had them at Old Comiskey, but hey that was 15 years ago. Its the 21st century now, get a real scoreboard guys.

3. Fans in attendance outside the ages of about 20-25 were extremely rare. Rarer still were the families we see everywhere at the Cell. I suppose the old stereotype of Wrigley Field being packed with college kids, all of whom bought tickets using daddy's credit card, is correct.

Well I guess that's all for now. I'm hoarse now from heckling the Cubs all afternoon ("Send in Latroy! We want Latroy!" "Hey Dusty where's your intern?" etc.).

batmanZoSo
05-08-2005, 12:15 AM
America's team, huh? Packed house, ivy, Will Ferrell...oh, but the team is horse ****.

DumpJerry
05-08-2005, 11:35 AM
Part of me says I can ignore the Flubs and their loser fan base because the records of the Flubs and God's Team (a/k/a the White Sox) speak for themselves.

However, a bigger part of me says this is the season I've waited all of my 43 years for, enjoy it and take full advantage of the fact that they have nothing to say in retort!:D:

So far, I've been real good about asking Flub fans how their team did "last night" or "yesterday" and casually mentioning that the Sox "won again, ho hum."

shoota
05-09-2005, 03:13 AM
So far, I've been real good about asking Flub fans how their team did "last night" or "yesterday" and casually mentioning that the Sox "won again, ho hum."

I hear you. I do the same thing by playing dumb. "Hey man, did the Cubbies win yesterday? Oh they didn't, I had no idea." Or, "No, I didn't hear about LaTroy's 9th inning speedbump. Please describe it to me. In great detail." :smile:

The best example is when a Cub friend conveniently called me in the 9th inning of the game LaTroy threw the ball into the stands. He didn't call me when the Cubs were losing 1-0 the entire day, but called only after the Cubs took a 2-1 lead off Billy Wagner. He started talking about the Cubbie losing streak and asked me if I was watching the game. I lied and told him I wasn't watching (I had the tv on mute). And then I got to hear him cry again from another heartbreaking LaTroy blown save and Cub loss.

Serves him right though. He was about to talk up how great of a pitcher Prior is for ending the Cubbie losing streak. Fortunately, I didn't have to hear it.

Even though the Cubs most recent losing streak ended at 7, I took extra pleasure in the Sox's winning streak matching their losing streak.

seanpmurphy
05-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Unfortunately the Phillies couldn't get into the soft bullpen and win today. I was at Applebee's watching the Sox game today, the waiter was kind of upset I asked for the Sox game to be put on, but he wisely did so. I mean, the Cubs game was already on three other tvs. Since the Sox got their W early, I had him put the Cubs game on and this couple sat down next to us and were obvious Cubs fans so my calls for LaTroy to come in were matched by "no! no, latroy!"

After the Cubs won the people kind of gave me a dirty look, in my Sox t-shirt and hat, and I thought to myself "one win in your last 8 games and you want to give me a look?"

i seriously dislike these Cubs fans type people

C-Dawg
05-09-2005, 06:38 AM
After the Cubs won the people kind of gave me a dirty look, in my Sox t-shirt and hat, and I thought to myself "one win in your last 8 games and you want to give me a look?"

Well what did you expect? The losing streak is gone and now they're going to the World Series.