PDA

View Full Version : I saw Cubs fans thought process today

Fenway
05-07-2005, 03:05 PM
I happened to be on the Red Line today (Saturday) and was waiting for a train going south to Jackson. I was waiting at Clark/Division and there may have been 50 Cubs fans there. A train coming south was marked HOWARD and somebody yelled that is the train.

When I departed at Jackson, at least 10 Cubs fans in full battle attire were still heading south.

My gawd they are stupid

NSSoxFan
05-07-2005, 03:29 PM
I happened to be on the Red Line today (Saturday) and was waiting for a train going south to Jackson. I was waiting at Clark/Division and there may have been 50 Cubs fans there. A train coming south was marked HOWARD and somebody yelled that is the train.

When I departed at Jackson, at least 10 Cubs fans in full battle attire were still heading south.

My gawd they are stupid

I would pay to see the expression on their faces once they saw USCF.

itsnotrequired
05-07-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm watching the game right now and Lee just stuck out swinging to end the 8th. You could hear a lot of boos from the crowd. Yeah, nothing like booing your .430 hitter on an 18-game hitting streak. Easily the hottest hitter on the team if not the entire NL.

What a joke...

Jjav829
05-07-2005, 03:34 PM
LMAO Len Kasper!

The crowd breaks into a chant of "Dusty sucks" and Kasper says, "The crowd in the bleachers is certainly into it today." Good stuff. :D:

Cellview22
05-07-2005, 03:43 PM
HA HA :D:

Whatever happened to "In Dusty we Trusty"?

Honestly, even though I know very little about the Cubs, I would bet the players are subconsciously sabotaging themselves since they know fully well that the fans love their "lovable losers" just the way they are. LOSERS! :redneck

JRIG
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
A lot of Cubs fans dressed up as green seats today. I'm sure that will be mentioned in every game recap.

What do you think Kasper and Brenly are thinking. Their first year and they walk into this ****storm? Wow.

itsnotrequired
05-07-2005, 03:49 PM
A lot of Cubs fans dressed up as green seats today. I'm sure that will be mentioned in every game recap.

What do you think Kasper and Brenly are thinking. Their first year and they walk into this ****storm? Wow.

I think they dress up in Cubs gear but then put on green seat shirts after beer sales end.:rolleyes:

DumpJerry
05-07-2005, 03:58 PM

My gawd they are stupid
At least they were spared the trauma of watching the Flubs play today (and lose!!!).

StillMissOzzie
05-07-2005, 04:17 PM
I would pay to see the expression on their faces once they saw USCF.

Where's the ivy? Where's Ronnie Woo-Woo?

SMO
:D:

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 04:35 PM
Where's the ivy? Where's Ronnie Woo-Woo?

SMO
:D:

Why can't we have underage drinking and pee on the
houses surrounding the park?? :neener: :neener: :roflmao: :roflmao:

GiveMeSox
05-07-2005, 06:07 PM

My gawd they are stupid

Must have been the standard bussed in cubs fans from Iowa

peeonwrigley
05-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Must have been the standard bussed in cubs fans from Iowa

Nah, the Iowans are spared seeing any part of the city -- the buses drop them off right behind the bleachers. This was probably the surburban park & ride crowd.

Brian26
05-07-2005, 07:47 PM

My gawd they are stupid

LOL! I love it.

I was at the Jewel on State and Grand around 6pm. There's NOTHING in the world like watching scrub fans coming up out of the Red Line tunnel after a tough loss. The buzz is usually worn off by that point, and the agony on their faces is just priceless. Truly pathetic.

DrCrawdad
05-07-2005, 07:57 PM

No kidding. I've seen the "announced crowd and probably no more than _____ were actually there..." comments in so many Cubune Sox game recaps, but I don't know if I've seen it once in a Cubbie game recap in the Cubune. And hence the reason why.

Ol' No. 2
05-07-2005, 08:19 PM

They're all at the end of the Red line at 95th St. :roflmao:

hsnterprize
05-07-2005, 09:39 PM
LOL! I love it.

I was at the Jewel on State and Grand around 6pm. There's NOTHING in the world like watching scrub fans coming up out of the Red Line tunnel after a tough loss. The buzz is usually worn off by that point, and the agony on their faces is just priceless. Truly pathetic.I saw some Cub fans at the Midway train stop yesterday after LaTroy threw away the game (literally). The looks on their faces explained it all. I was tempted to rub it in as I was driving by them, but I decided not to. Their upset looks despite all their Cubbie attire was enough satisfaction for me.

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 11:20 PM
I'm watching the game right now and Lee just stuck out swinging to end the 8th. You could hear a lot of boos from the crowd. Yeah, nothing like booing your .430 hitter on an 18-game hitting streak. Easily the hottest hitter on the team if not the entire NL.

What a joke...

Hey, cub fans will boo ya, that means they're really passionate about winning and won't accept mediocrity! (yeah, uh, too bad they obviously have no clue about the game or booing etiquette)

Ha! What a joke indeed. I am reveling in this north side mess like it's going out of style. Those a-holes and their fans all deserve this and more. Still have no closer, trade away your greatest slugger and get Jerry Hairston in return (LMAO)...

Brian26
05-07-2005, 11:38 PM
Ha! What a joke indeed. I am reveling in this north side mess like it's going out of style. Those a-holes and their fans all deserve this and more. Still have no closer, trade away your greatest slugger and get Jerry Hairston in return (LMAO)...

Karma. It's a good thing. :D:

mcfish
05-08-2005, 01:34 AM
Ha! What a joke indeed. I am reveling in this north side mess like it's going out of style. Those a-holes and their fans all deserve this and more. Still have no closer, trade away your greatest slugger and get Jerry Hairston in return (LMAO)...Trading Sosa wasn't really the problem - he really was a distraction for the team and that was probably a good move. Letting Clement walk, letting Alou walk, not getting a closer, not getting ANYONE AT ALL to help the bullpen, not getting a corner outfielder to replace the 2 that they got rid of, etc. were the major problems. Mostly Clement - how could you let that good of a pitcher walk when you know that the rest of your rotation has injury problems?

Whitesox029
05-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Hahaha they'll all stop showing up just like Sox fans but then realize, "Hey guys...we're Cubs fans...we don't care about baseball, remember? They still serve beer til the 9th at Wrigley, right? Let's go!"

chuckn98229
05-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Those a-holes and their fans all deserve this and more. Still have no closer, trade away your greatest slugger and get Jerry Hairston in return (LMAO)...

Couldn't agree with you more!