PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 5/7/05 15th Win in Last 18 Games Postgame Thread

Brian26
05-07-2005, 02:59 PM
Doesn't matter what the final score is as long as the Sox have the higher number.

What a grab by Dye in the 9th!

chisoxmike
05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Can you say 23-7?!?
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

itsnotrequired
05-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Nice to see the offense clicking today. Great game for Widger and Pods.

SoxFan48
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Can you say 23-7?!?
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

And I can say it because HRs as are nice to have as well as great pitching and an some stolen bases.

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:02 PM
Great game Pauly! Hey he only had two home runs tonight he must be slumping! I love this team!

cwsfannick
05-07-2005, 03:03 PM
Another White Sox Win. Big day for Paulie. Hopefully this is a springboard for Paulie. 23-7 YES!!!:smile:

cwsox
it was a great catch by Dye

I am hoping PK is rolling now for 2005

we wasted a lot of the lead, but we had enough for the W and that is what counts

PicktoCLick72
My fantasy teeam has Paulie, Pods, and Guuchi. Needless to say a big day. Might not have been his best day but big Jon is 6-0.:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Cowch44
05-07-2005, 03:04 PM
Pods stealing on a walk was great.:D:

SoxFan48
05-07-2005, 03:05 PM
When we lose this board fills up so quickly and when we win folks take there time posting. Are we more happy to get online when are not happy?:rolleyes: :(:

Stroker Ace
SOX WIN!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Not the best outing by JG, but the O. picked it up.:D:

swanson24
The Key stat for Jon is that he is 6 and 0. Wins are the only stat that truly matter. That a boy Jon! I just read Sox Fan 48's point and it made a lot of sense! I will be there Friday night to welcome Shammy Sosa!

itsnotrequired

Pods had only 1 hit today but managed 3 runs and 4 SBs. Awesome.

Evman5
05-07-2005, 03:06 PM
Great game all-around for the offense.

I absolutely love what Pods does for this team.

NorthlakeTom
05-07-2005, 03:07 PM
Great win. Homers are nice, and they're easier on the heart.

But...but...the Sox have no offense!

Cotts was great, but I have my doubts about Vizcaino.

SoxWillWin
05-07-2005, 03:07 PM
YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
this team sucks, they can't manufacture a run.....:D::D::D::D::bandance::bandance::bandance:

FarWestChicago
05-07-2005, 03:09 PM
When we lose this board fills up so quickly and when we win folks take there time posting. Are we more happy to get online when are not happy?:rolleyes: :(:It's always been that way. The FOLIP's are much more vocal than those without depression problems.

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:10 PM
The Home Runs took me back to all the blasts we hit last year! The biggest difference is that now we are winning! I have a question for FarWest Chicago what is a FOLIP just curious because I never heard it before?

ilsox7
It's always been that way. The FOLIP's are much more vocal than those without depression problems.

Exactly. When there isn't much to complain about, they cannot come here fabricate as much BS. And those of us enjoying the victory are probably breaking out a few cold ones.

Brian26
It's always been that way. The FOLIP's are much more vocal than those without depression problems.

LOL. FOLIP's! Nice!

HomeFish
05-07-2005, 03:13 PM
Neal Cotts was absolutely incredible today. He went in there and shut the Blue Jays down as if he wasn't Neal Cotts. It's nice to finally see that from him.

Had Konerko hit perhaps only one homer, I think a very, very strong case could be made for Cotts as PTC. Perhaps that case can even be made now.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Someone refresh my memory. When did we lose our last game?
:wink:

:iron
"Monday night in Miami."

SoxFan48
05-07-2005, 03:14 PM
Pods had only 1 hit today but managed 3 runs and 4 SBs. Awesome.

But I have to admire what he is accomplished so far. The .381 OBP is approaching the .400 level where a lead off hitter becomes an All-Star because he is drawing walks (16 in 24 games) at a higher rate than his career rate.

And, yes, I cannot deny the financial flexibility the trade gave permitted the signing of Iguchi and AJ (can never spell his last name). The one negative--Vizcaino has moved down to the end of the bullpen--hope Luis turns it around.

eastchicagosoxfan
05-07-2005, 03:16 PM
This is absilutely amazing!!! :cheers: Way to go!! So, who predicted 23 victories after 30 games?

Brian26
05-07-2005, 03:17 PM

You know what's great? Those two losses in Oakland, especially the way they went down, gave this team every reason in the world to go on slide and lose their momentum. Did it happen? No ****ing way. They've rolled off another 7 game winning streak. That's the biggest statement this team could ever make. We got a team this year!

PAPChiSox729
05-07-2005, 03:18 PM

He did look pretty shaky today, but I still think he will be very solid. Great game today though. Our pitching faltered a little but the offense picked up the slack.

23-7!!!

Dub25
05-07-2005, 03:19 PM

:iron
"Monday night in Miami."

I think the last time the Cubs won a game. HAHAHAHAHA :gulp:

sullythered
05-07-2005, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=PaleHoseGeorge]Someone refresh my memory. When did we lose our last game?

all the way back when Contreras pitched in the first game of the Detroit series at home.

SoxWillWin
I think it's quite possible we could get to 30 wins before we hit our 10th loss. Keep the line moving boys.

Dub25

Vizcaino hasn't pitched in a while due to the great starting pitching. He will be fine.

owensmouth
05-07-2005, 03:21 PM
Good to see Vizcaino get Dye involved in the game. Sort of an ugly game, but a win is a win. Tomorrow figures to be a scrap. I Just hope Buhrle reverts to form.

Brian26
05-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Vizcaino hasn't pitched in a while due to the great starting pitching. He will be fine.

If our biggest worry is our 6th guy in the bullpen, I think we're going to be ok :D:

bayzbol44
05-07-2005, 03:25 PM
At least they won ANOTHER series!!! :bandance:

itsnotrequired
05-07-2005, 03:26 PM
But I have to admire what he is accomplished so far. The .381 OBP is approaching the .400 level where a lead off hitter becomes an All-Star because he is drawing walks (16 in 24 games) at a higher rate than his career rate.

Pods was down 0-2 in the 4th yet worked an 8-pitch walk. Pods really had an impact on Whitefield as he pitched to Iguchi. Iguchi ended up popping out but not before pitchouts and whatnot resulted in another 8-pitch at-bat. Pods then steals second and makes Whitefield so nervous that he ends up walking Everett. Pods then steals third. Paulie walks up and pops a three-run homer. Whitefield was totally rattled and ended up giving up a solo blast to Rowand. Whitefield finally gets the hook.

Pods was a huge factor in making all this possible. A terrific start to the season.

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:33 PM
:winner

I love winning baseball!

TheOldRoman
05-07-2005, 03:39 PM
I had to leave after the top of the third, and I didnt see the rest of the game. What is the deal with Garland? Did he just get lazy with such a big lead? He still got the win, but you hate to see his ERA balloon like it did. Hopefully he will be on again come Thursday against Baltimore.

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Can you believe this is the same team that won a game on 4 BB and a HB two days ago? Talk about schizophrenia!

Honestly, the offense seems to be doing what it's always done (putting up lots of runs one game, and very few for the next couple), with the addition of more speed. The big difference this year is obviously the pitching. Instead of losing games 6-2, we're winning them 2-1.

BigEdWalsh
05-07-2005, 03:40 PM
NICE game for Pods!! And how great to see Paulie hitting with authority.
WOOOO HOOOO!
:supernana: :) :supernana:

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 03:42 PM
What a grab by Dye in the 9th!

Hope he didn't hurt himself.I thought that ball was gone.
I'll take a pretty win or a "fugly" one.Doesn't matter.
Like Al Davis says,JUST WIN BABY!!:cool:

swanson24
05-07-2005, 03:44 PM
Man just a week ago everyone hated Dye I'm glad people are starting to come around and realize that Dye is a good player! Thank you SoxSince 70 for giving Dye props!

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Tomorrow figures to be a scrap.

Chacin (tomorrow's pitcher) has 4 wins and a low ERA.
The Sox have their work cut out for them tomorrow.
Time to revert to smallball.
And please,Mark,keep the ball down!!

jdm2662
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Wow, keep it up. That's all...
________
Fetish Beach (http://www.****tube.com/categories/506/beach/videos/1)

SOXSINCE'70
05-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Man just a week ago everyone hated Dye I'm glad people are starting to come around and realize that Dye is a good player! Thank you SoxSince 70 for giving Dye props!

I'll bet any amount of money that THE FORMER RIGHT FIELDER
NOW ON THE TIGERS' DL would not have made that catch.

Dye's bat is coming around as well.The Sox will need it!!

Cellview22
05-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Great day! Sox win their 7th in a row, and cubs about to lose their 7th in a row. Am I dreaming?

Nice to see Paulie breakout. And Iguchi seems to be more comfortable every game. I'd love to be able to understand a conversation between Guch and Shingo these days. :smile:

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 03:51 PM
I had to leave after the top of the third, and I didnt see the rest of the game. What is the deal with Garland? Did he just get lazy with such a big lead? He still got the win, but you hate to see his ERA balloon like it did. Hopefully he will be on again come Thursday against Baltimore.
DJ and the Pope (new NBC sitcom?) said the same thing when the lead was only 6-2. I thought there might be something to that, a sort of letdown when the lead is huge. But then I remembered he won his last start 8-0. :dunno:

BTW, another difference this year is that, even though Garland had his obligatory "Big Inning" (his first of the year), it was only 3 runs instead of his standard 4 or 5 of the past few years.

Chisox003
05-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Woo Hoo!

23-7

S05X

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 03:57 PM
Even though it will most likely revert back to 4.5 in just a few hours, I sure to like looking at the standings and seeing the Sox with a full 5-game lead again! :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

MRKARNO
05-07-2005, 04:11 PM
5 homers? Awesome. Especially good to see from Tadahito who seems to be finally finding his power stroke.

It's great to see PK back in the groove, but I think he needs to start trying to get hits in the park because even though he hit 2 out of the park today, he K'ed three times, which demonstrates that he still wants to go all or nothing. Gotta love the 2 HRs, but you also hope that he doesnt repeat what he was doing earlier. If he's not hitting well, the value of having Iguchi and Podsednik on base a lot decreases.

Speaking of which, Podsednik's newfound selectivity is a big plus. He's walking more than he has in the past and striking out less. His OBP is near that of his rookie season, even though his average is far lower. This will help him to be of as much value this year as he was offensively in 2003. Also, his speed definitely got the hitters some good pitches to hit and I think the threat of a double steal might have given Pauly a good pitch for that three run shot.

As far as JG is concerned, I dont care about his bad outing today. It was going to happen. Let him get it out of his system and learn from it. He got the win anyways and I hope he realizes what he did wrong for when he doesnt get 10 runs of support. He probably will.

The best part of it all is:

23-7

:D::D::D:

SoxSpeed22
05-07-2005, 04:15 PM
The only thing that worried me about today was how Garland acts when he has a huge lead. Konerko may be pitched outside a lot more later because he was hooking the ball, so he has to know what to do. If this continues, I have nothing to complain about.
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

voodoochile
05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
:):):):):)

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana: :supernana:

Can you tell I am happy?

mdep524
05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I'm going to let the 'nana speak for me today:

:bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance:

Feels good.

Bobbo35
05-07-2005, 04:21 PM
That's what i'm talking about! Great day Paulie, Pods is kickin on those base paths and the bats are coming around! AWESOME!!! 23-7 and not looking back.

GO SOX!!!

fox2
05-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I believe Jon Garland now has as many wins as Mark Prior, Kerry Wood and Carlos Zambrano combined.:tongue:

JoseCanseco6969
05-07-2005, 04:54 PM
My fantasy teeam has Paulie, Pods, and Guuchi. Needless to say a big day. Might not have been his best day but big Jon is 6-0.:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

figures PK hits 2 homers after i just benched him! Oh well...more importantly 7 in a row!!!

flo-B-flo
05-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Other than some less than stellar work by Garland the Sox played a good game today. Garland waited out a couple long innings early. They would then chip at what was once a 10-2 lead. Konerko looks to pick it up but, there's still the all or nothing at bats. Pods was creating havoc when he got on base. Dye seems to be heating up. This is a TEAM. 8 in a row. This is getting to fun. :D:

TDog
05-07-2005, 05:10 PM
I believe Jon Garland now has as many wins as Mark Prior, Kerry Wood and Carlos Zambrano combined.:tongue:

Do former Cubs farmhands Garland and Willis have as many wins as, well, the Cubs right now?

seanpmurphy
05-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Such an exciting game. I think after today a lot of pitchers are going to be real worried about having Pod on base. Man that guy can run. The worst part of the game, despite Paulie's 2 home runs and 5 RBIs was that for a split second I thought I was watching the Cubs and Sammy Sosa was at the plate. 2 home runs and 3 K. Still needs some work.

Also I'm not too worried about Garland, you can't expect a complete game shutout every time, and everyone has a bad day. Hopefully Garland has had his and will put it behind him.

Go Sox. Keep expanding on that record, and continue driving hard through the season!

nasox
05-07-2005, 05:53 PM
And ESPN and the AP have the score of our game wrong. That is pretty bad. In the box score and in the recap.

http://http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=250507114 recap

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gameLog?gameId=250507114 box score

Realist
05-07-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm having a blast this season. I don't know how long it's gonna last but I'll enjoy it while I can.

We deserve this.

[not that it's about deserving or anything like that]

Iguana775
05-07-2005, 06:01 PM
Great game Pauly! Hey he only had two home runs tonight he must be slumping! I love this team!

damnit. the moment i take him out of my line up, he has a awesome day. crap!

oh well.

Sox of White
05-07-2005, 06:16 PM

4 stolen bases in one game! And one of them was third. Isn't Podsednik great!?

TheBull19
05-07-2005, 06:19 PM
Garland- 45.2 IP 7 BB

Garland run support - 7.83
Rest of staff - 3.85

Twins steals -20
Indians -15
Podsednik -14
Tigers - 12
Cubs -12
Royals -12

Konerko's RBI Pace - 119 - not bad for a guy who's spent about 75% of the season in a horrid slump

Dinosaur bones discredited by Crazy Carl - 168

SOX ADDICT '73
05-07-2005, 06:48 PM
4 stolen bases in one game! And one of them was third. Isn't Podsednik great!?
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2675

tebman
05-07-2005, 06:55 PM
I think it's quite possible we could get to 30 wins before we hit our 10th loss. Keep the line moving boys.
I like that image!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :gulp:

krohnjw
05-07-2005, 07:09 PM
Great catch by dye and he does seem to be hitting better. I am glad Garland picked today to have a bad day and go back to his "big inning" pitching. If we keep winning I will take it any way we can get it :smile: 23-7 sounds awful good, so does taking the series from Toronto who has won 6 or 7 straight before meeting up with the Sox :cool:

batmanZoSo
05-07-2005, 07:27 PM
I'm having a blast this season. I don't know how long it's gonna last but I'll enjoy it while I can.

:schueler
Don't worry, we're way ahead of schedule. In addition to the talent on the big league club, we have a plethora of top prospects such as Corwin Malone, Brian West, Jon Rauch and Joe Borchard in the organization. This year will prove to be the norm as we expect several AL pennants and multiple World Series in the coming years. Even if we go three and out, this will still be looked back on as a great season.

elrod
05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
Once again, this team shows it knows how to win. The pitching suffers, but the bats carry the day.

:bandance::supernana::supernana::supernana::supern ana::supernana::supernana::supernana::bandance:

Ol' No. 2
05-07-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm enjoying this as much as anyone, but this is starting to feel wierd. Some days they look like they won't lose another game all season. Who ARE these guys? :thud:

seanpmurphy
05-08-2005, 02:00 AM
I'm enjoying this as much as anyone, but this is starting to feel wierd. Some days they look like they won't lose another game all season. Who ARE these guys? :thud:

Yeah! The bad thing is it's like every time I turn on the Sox, I just expect them to win. Man it's going to hurt when they lose again. IF they lose again. :D:

Also, I love the parallelism washing over Chicago right now. Sox go on a 7 game tear, while the Flubs go on a 7 game skid. How great!

Chicago83
05-08-2005, 02:23 AM

Yeah, the way we are winning almost makes me believe in divine intervention. Everything just seems to work out, you can't deny that we've been lucky, but you don't get to 23-7 with just luck. With every passing day I get more and more confident with this team. Every win is one step closer to the postseason. The only thing that scares is that fact that the Twins are still right on our trails despite the unbelievable start. But if both teams continue to play this way then we may see the first wild card from the central division.

DaleJRFan
05-08-2005, 02:36 AM
Pods is my new hero. Lilly moved to first but he was already to second base... It got to the point where is was starting to get embarassing.

.377 OBP and 16 steals in 24 games???? WOW.

Carlos who?

SSN721
05-08-2005, 03:49 AM
Dinosaur bones discredited by Crazy Carl - 168

That killed me, Carlosaraus Rex strikes again :D: Wow, what a win, I dont have anything really more contructive then that to add. 23-7 :D::bandance::gulp:

Stretch9087
05-08-2005, 04:15 AM
yes:bandance: